IrrMaple

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Cloudef

IrrMaple

Post by Cloudef »

IrrMaple
Maple Story "Reverse-Engineering" project.

Hello,
As most of you have seen i have joined quite recently and i am quite new to Irrlicht. I have used couple of (Rendering)engines for this project and haven't found good one until now. It seems Irrlicht is good for even 2d :wink:

Anyways, the current state of project is that i can read every equipment and body part from BannedStory data files, this is why i said "Reverse-Engineering" because i'm not sure if those data files are actually ripped of the game, but there is hundreds of them so i guess so.

I also made level editor which is quite nice now, if i ever find the way to actually dump the original files of Maple Story i could make my level editor compatible with Maple Story maps, but i'm too lazy to check the .WZ package, and all i actually needed was to find out how they did those characters. Other aspects of the game are actually level editor defendant and i enjoy coding my own system for it, it will also code my server what i aim to be better, maybe not faster, but more secure and functional.

Well, enough of plapla...
http://flare.xenmedia.org/uploads/Kuvakaappaus.png[Big Picture](This is the first pic with actual multiplayer interaction. The FPS is lower because i'm using sleep on client for good reasons.)

It's currently compiling only on Linux, my friend tried to compile in VC++, but it crashed on windows. I look into it later with Virtual Machine when i get into testing.
I have nice define flag in server if i want to render stuff to help me debug whats going on.
Maybe this thread was bit early one because the progress is going to be slow (Yeh, i'm trying to do whole "MMO" part fast as possible so it ain't gonna be easy even the game is pretty simple.)

Cheers,
Cloudef
shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

This is a nice one! Good luck expanding it! :wink:

PS: Ah, and a Win version will be nice also. :D
"Although we walk on the ground and step in the mud... our dreams and endeavors reach the immense skies..."
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

While it look nice, don't forget to contact Nexon.
http://nxcache.nexon.net/nx/global/lega ... legal.html
Their images are protected ant the reason Bannedstory can use them is because they are an affiliate.

Always check for those things first, especially before posting any part or reference of your work publicly.
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

All the media that i will use on releases will be replaced.
Last edited by Cloudef on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikko_Bertoa

Post by Nikko_Bertoa »

Very nice work!!
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

Added spline interpolation :wink:
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

http://flare.xenmedia.org/uploads/NewStuff.png
New screen, fixed some memory leaks, added better collision for slopes, the interpolation is perfected and i think i found out why it crashed on Windows. Was my fault, had some pointer uninitialized :oops: Realized this when i compiled in release mode and got seg fault :lol:

Now i'm having really nice base to start doing some serious coding :wink:
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

The code now compiles in Windows under MinGW compiler, it will compile under VC++ too, but crashes. Platform issue is now "sorted out".
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

Text bubbles,
Did test with guy from France. With my sucky up speed he got Ping of 110, no lag appeared because of the interpolation and positions were real :)
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

Start of UI,
I added little "tag" mode to server to see if my interpolation works, the idea was to play tag, and if you could catch from distance then the interpolation sucks. The final results were good. Tho i still smoothed the interpolation an bit.
twilight17

Post by twilight17 »

Really nice! Great work so far; I'm glad to see your progress. :)
Post this userbar I made on other websites to show your support for Irrlicht!
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1261 ... wernq4.png
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

Thanks,
and update!
Don't mind the ping, its wrong.
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

Update ->

Edit:
Start of npc system
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

I've been now doing debugging for one week, trying to find one bug.. Found out that the bug wasn't in my code, and do not know really why it happenned. It seems updating ubuntu to 9.04 messed up something. Well i found workaround for it anyways.

I've been still messin with best methods for dead reckoning and i think i'm done soon =) Tomorrow i have to do testing and if everything works out i can start working on GUI, and add some shader effects.