IrrlichtNX - CVS for irrlicht

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
mm765

IrrlichtNX - CVS for irrlicht

Post by mm765 »

We have just created a CVS repository for Irrlicht.
See http://www.irrlichtnx.mmdevel.de for details.
As Niko doesn't want to do it but we, as many others, feel, that it would be good for the development of the engine, we took the initiative now (see this thread for example http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... php?t=3173).
As we probably cant handle everything on our own, we are looking for maintainers for all parts of the engine.
If you have posted any patches to this forum after 0.6 was released, please repost them in the forum for irrlichtnx, because it would be too tiresome to pick them all out of this forum.
It is our hope that Niko just didn't want the additional effort of maintaining a cvs repository and will use it, too, now that it exists.
erSitzt

Post by erSitzt »

...now its marked as 'new' again...

please have a look at http://www.irrlichtnx.mmdevel.de/ and register.
brcolow

Post by brcolow »

MM, I just wanted to thank you so much for doing this. Already many patches and addons are in! This is great :D I hope Niko will also participate :)
G'Day.
nitroman

Post by nitroman »

very promising!
StuCollier

Post by StuCollier »

Lets hope NIKO appreciates your work setting it up etc ....
StuC
Freeware games
www.ovine.net
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

It's cool that this is here now as it will mean that everyone working with you has to have your copy of the engine, one which you have hacked to fix various things that you need, you can now just point new dev's in the direction of this CVS and use that version of the engine. I'm going to use this engine for the next release now the bug that was stopping me has been fixed.

Nice one :)
atcdevil

Post by atcdevil »

I'll happily start contributing if I see that Niko supports this, and uses these bug fixes for the official releases of Irrlicht.
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Hey, cool. :)
Just let me do the next release, and after this I think I'll use your cvs too. The release could take some time, because I'm still playing around a little bit. The only problem then will be to merge the cvs version and irrlicht 0.7, but I don't think it will be very complicated. Hope this will be ok?
atcdevil

Post by atcdevil »

Hooray!!!!!!! :D
brcolow

Post by brcolow »

With that response Niko, we are all wondering if your account has been hacked! :lol:

Thanks so much for seeing the light Niko :), I hope you can get the next release out quick and merging goes smoothly. Irrlicht is going to be rocking in a few months! :D
G'Day.
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

btw, i know this is going to piss you off niko, but, is there an estimated 0.7 release date yet ;)
The Robomaniac
Project Head / Lead Programmer
Centaur Force
warui

Post by warui »

Digging your own grave Robomaniac ? :twisted:
Tomasz Nowakowski
Openoko - www.openoko.pl
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Just announced this project on irrlicht.sf.net to make it a little bit more popular.
Robomaniac wrote:btw, i know this is going to piss you off niko, but, is there an estimated 0.7 release date yet ;)
No. :) Depends on how much work I'll have to do during the next time.
mm765

Post by mm765 »

wow thanks! this is great niko!
if you send me a password (mail,pm,whatever) i will set up an account with commit-rights on the cvs for you.
and when you are ready with 0.7 and want help with the merge, contact me then and ill do what i can.
keless

Post by keless »

Cool, good work guys. Im glad to see the community comming thru with what they said they'd do yet again!
a screen cap is worth 0x100000 DWORDS