Next Generation of Game Controller ???

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
Acki

Next Generation of Game Controller ???

Post by Acki »

Hi,
I found this very interesting !!! :shock:
what do you think about it !?!?! :lol:
while(!asleep) sheep++;
IrrExtensions:Image
http://abusoft.g0dsoft.com
try Stendhal a MORPG written in Java
Alpha Omega

Post by Alpha Omega »

Awesome I actually posted something like this in another thread but I didnt think the concept had evolved to this degree. Very cool. I think we need to get one of those headsets and hook it up to irrlicht to see what we can make of it :D .
jam

Post by jam »

Pretty soon we won't need anything but our heads.

system-independent, adj.:
Works equally poorly on all systems.
-- unknown
xDan
Competition winner

Post by xDan »

it will be pretty useful for paralysed and disabled people too... and old people... mind controlled wheelchairs!

I love the demo game thing they had, with you "floating" obstacles with the power of the mind. Telekinesis. I bet it would actually feel quite realistic..

(need some sort of gravity gun to combine it with in real life!!)
wITTus

Post by wITTus »

I'm wondering what a well trained individual could achieve with such a thing. How fast could he probably interact with a computer and control simulations or user interfaces. Mouse and Keyboard are such bottlenecks. I hope that I'll be given the opportunity to use a real brain machine interface before I'm getting too old to use it. And at the end, how fast could we communicate with our brains connected together over modern wireless links?
Generated Documentation for BlindSide's irrNetLite.
"When I heard birds chirping, I knew I didn't have much time left before my mind would go." - clinko
tomhancocks

Post by tomhancocks »

That looks pretty darn cool. I can just imagine how much better gaming would be with it.

wITTus the idea of using to replace a keyboard and mouse is pretty good. Train it to recognise specific characters and that could be used for typing. I know I can think what I want to type a heck of a lot faster than I can physically type it. Imagine the productivity boost! Too bad if your mind strayed you'd end up with a ton of gibberish flooding the computer :D