Real time editor

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
firefly2442

Post by firefly2442 »

www.hostrocket.com

They give you 25MB of space. Not sure about file restrictions though.
Wolf Dreamer

Post by Wolf Dreamer »

To get the file currently listed for download on your http://variable.50megs.com/index.html site, I have to click on it with Internet Explorer, and allow it to install something called 35MB.COM before it will let me have it. Sounds a bit suspecious. Does anyone who allowed this have anything new appear when they hit CTRL ALT delete? Is it spyware? Or does it just mix in with Internet Explorer so you don't even notice it running in the background spying on you?
You have chosen not to install the 35MB.COM Download Applet
Sorry you cannot download this file because you do not have the 35MB.COM applet installed.

You must install the 35MB.COM download applet to download from this site.
Click Here to Install the Applet.
The last sane human being in a world gone mad

http://s8.invisionfree.com/Game_Maker_f ... hp?act=idx
Cleves

Post by Cleves »

Looks really good, nice work.
Do you think I can do space scenes with it? For my space game...
biotech

Post by biotech »

could you please use a server that supports resuming
ich bin ein berliner
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

you can use this to host your project :wink: :

http://www.100webspace.com/freeplan.html
Zann

Post by Zann »

I wouldn't download that crap from 35mb...

They had all the talk of free file hosting so I put it up there and THEN came across that myself. I haven't even downloaded it from them. I left the link up just because I was too lazy to go back and change it after I made the updates to my site. I'm working on getting a place to put the file now.

-Zann
Zann

Post by Zann »

Ok, a working download is up now. The method of downloading is...eh...less than desirable but I had to jump through some hoops to get around all the limitations of free hosting heh. I'm still hoping to come up with something better but for now this works and I said I would get a download up soon so I'm gonna go with it. If you have problems with getting it setup (due to how I had to split the files up for downloading) post here and I'll try to help you out.

Thanks,
-Zann
Cleves

Post by Cleves »

Zann, why won't you ask Saigumi to give you some space?
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

VERY nice work.

Can't think of anything better to make for the community then tools to help them build games with less coding.

This comming from me a coding noob and I also have a tool made for Irrlicht which I'll be posting as soon as I finish a few more features.

The project I'm working on will be the other side of Irrlicht, the GUI.. a GUI builder to be exact based off another persons project of the same design.

I'm learning C++ literally using the GUI Builder and this real time editor since all I really needed to understand any of it was a few working examples.

There are tons of free hosting sites for you to choose from also take a look at this... Free-Webhosts.com

now for a little bit of contructive criticism on the editor itself...

1. The camera works lovly but the button used to change between the 2 modes to put it bluntly sucks.... I'm thinking something more like spacebar

2. The whole hosting issue and segmented downloads kinda sucks but the tutorial you made works great for getting started

3. The default settings for the Editor such as the size of the map, the way the zip files are loaded and basic default settings should be centered around your examples and easier to use such as instead of having to type the name of the hieghtmap and map texture why not have a file view to just load the files you need.

4. I'm sure you have thought about alot of this as I can tell the program/tool is still in it's very rough early stages I just want to give you some suggestions to work with if you havent thought of them yourself I also want to thank you for releasing source as it like any Irrlicvht source code helps to teach me C++ and the Irrlicht commands and structure.

Can't wait for the next version keep up the great work..

you are now known to me as Zann the Man 8)
Zann

Post by Zann »

"1. The camera works lovly but the button used to change between the 2 modes to put it bluntly sucks.... I'm thinking something more like spacebar"

That's probably a good idea. Can't say exactly why I had picked tab originally...no reason in particular. This'll matter a lot if I ever figure a way to do tabstops in the gui too.

"2. The whole hosting issue and segmented downloads kinda sucks"

no doubt

"3. The default settings for the Editor such as the size of the map, the way the zip files are loaded and basic default settings should be centered around your examples and easier to use such as instead of having to type the name of the hieghtmap and map texture why not have a file view to just load the files you need."

The idea is that the zip you "attached" to the scene would contain all the files needed. While I'm sure there is a way it's unknown to me, and I haven't spent any time looking, to get a file list out of a zip. It's something I wouldn't mind being able to add though.

-Zann
nitoman

Post by nitoman »

cool! I'm downloading it. :D
firefly2442

Post by firefly2442 »

Use bittorrent. :)

Post by Guest »

Since I'm a Graphic Artist, I think the prog is realy cool, but what annoys me is the time it takes to load a hightmap. Is there a way to improve that?
Zann

re:

Post by Zann »

You "can" get the terrain images to load quicker, sorta.

The main reason it takes so long right now is that there is a triangle selector being built along with the terrain. In that build of the app though it isn't used for anything so there's really no reason it couldn't be removed to increase the load times (dramatically) for now.

In IrrScene.cpp in the BuildGeoTerrain function just comment out the lines

Code: Select all

m_terrainCollision = m_sceneMgr->createOctTreeTriangleSelector(mesh->getMesh(0), m_terrainNode);
  m_terrainNode->setTriangleSelector(m_terrainCollision);
I'd tell you the line number, but the copy I'm working on now has been modified a lot since I put up that download and I'm too lazy to open up the old one hehe.

I'm 99% sure there's no points in the app that use the collisioner for anything, however, it prolly wouldn't be a bad idea to add in

m_terrainCollision = 0;

just to make sure that pointer doesn't get used (I don't think it had been initialized at all up to that point).

-Zann

Post by Guest »

thx alot, I'll try it