LOD Scene Node

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Can you upload a binary of your code please?
I can't compile stuff on this computer and I'd really like to see it running..

Thanks!
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

Of course, but it'll be a day or two before I have progress to show. My old code worked for randomly collapsing edges but I made a mistake and need to write it again for collapsing based on edge cost.
lymantok

Post by lymantok »

Hi Lonesome Ducky,

I had a chance to compile and code and would love to see you continue this work!

Thx!
lymantok

Post by lymantok »

Hi Lonesome Ducky,

I tried using another .obj model rather than the albatros. I ran into a problem here:

Triangle *tri = new Triangle(Verts[x][indices[y]],Verts[x][indices[y+1]],Verts[x][indices[y+2]]);

I checked DefaultMesh->getMeshBufferCount() and it's 1 for the albatros and 14 for my model.

The following arrays are defined to 8 elements. Can you tell me the significance of 8?

array<Vertex*> Verts[8]; // What is significance of 8?
array<Triangle*> Tris[8];

I changed this to 15 for my model (vgr_heavymissilefrigate) and the code runs and the model is displayed.

Thx!
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

Nope, no significance for 8 at all, just thought it would be a good number. :lol: But all these problems will be fixed in my new code, I'm writing it to create as many mesh buffers as the beginning mesh has, recalculate the normals, remap the uv's, and collapse based on edge cost. I'll probably have a basic demo here on monday.
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

And a delay, sorry :lol: I've got a big assignment in my class, so I'll probably be able to start again Wednesday. And considering I'll have to change my code to deal with duplicate vertices, I plan on a basic release this weekend.
TCM

Post by TCM »

Any new updates on this?

Looking forward :D
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

I may reboot this sometime, but it'll have to be around June. I have some important tests coming up and a few other projects, so I won't have time for this until then. Thanks for the interest though :wink:
jow8s

Post by jow8s »

i also looking forward to your implementation of CLOD