No textures in BSP

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
sirshane

No textures in BSP

Post by sirshane »

For some reason the Quake3Map that comes with version 0.4 doesn't load any textures at all for the BSP map. The scene just looks like a white mess of triangles. This is under Linux... Has anyone else experienced the same problem? I know shaders aren't supported by Irrlicht yet, but I would assume at least SOME textures would be displayed.

I get the following errors on the console while running the example:

Warning: Could not find texture in Q3 .bsp:textures/common/caulk
Warning: Could not find texture in Q3 .bsp:noshader
Warning: Could not find texture in Q3 .bsp:textures/common/clip
Warning: Could not find texture in Q3 .bsp:textures/liquids/lavahell
Warning: Could not find texture in Q3 .bsp:textures/gothic_trim/metalblackwave01
Warning: Could not find texture in Q3 .bsp:textures/stone/pjrock1
Warning: Could not find texture in Q3 .bsp:textures/skies/tim_hell
Warning: Could not find texture in Q3 .bsp:textures/common/hint
Warning: Could not find texture in Q3 .bsp:models/mapobjects/timlamp/timlamp
Warning: Could not find texture in Q3 .bsp:textures/sfx/flame1side
Warning: Could not find texture in Q3 .bsp:textures/sfx/flame2
Warning: Could not find texture in Q3 .bsp:models/mapobjects/gratelamp/gratetorch2
Warning: Could not find texture in Q3 .bsp:models/mapobjects/gratelamp/gratetorch2b

Thanks.

-Shane
FleshCrawler

Post by FleshCrawler »

This has been discussed before :) check ->

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... .php?t=297
I've been absent for really long, but i'm ready to reign my terror on you once again, mwuahahahahaha
sirshane

Post by sirshane »

Yes, I've read that post. What I don't know is if ALL textures should not be loading. I understand some won't show up due to shaders not being supported... but all?
FleshCrawler

Post by FleshCrawler »

dont you get any textures at all then? or just the basic textures for the level?
I've been absent for really long, but i'm ready to reign my terror on you once again, mwuahahahahaha
sirshane

Post by sirshane »

I don't see any textures at all... Loading 3ds files and md2 models works fine, but i haven't found a bsp map that loads any textures at all yet.
sirshane

Post by sirshane »

I figured out what's causing it. Apparently the generateMipLevels flag in Driver->getTexture does not function properly on OpenGL, or at least it doesn't function properly on OpenGL in Linux. :)
FleshCrawler

Post by FleshCrawler »

ahh. ok, i guess when niko reads this, he will get it fixed in the next release :)
kjkrum

Post by kjkrum »

sirshane wrote:[...]or at least it doesn't function properly on OpenGL in Linux. :)
If that's the problem, should changing the video device to DT_SOFTWARE fix it? Because it doesn't... :(
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

That problem is on my list. :) Someone already posted somewhere (or sent me an mail? hm..) that he fixed it. So a fix i will be in next release. :)
The software-device is not currently being displayed in Linux, sorry. You see: I'm a Windows-User, and so I don't find bugs in the Linux version that often. But I'll try to fix every bug you find and post in here :)
kjkrum

Post by kjkrum »

OK. Thanks for all your hard work! I'll be using Irrlicht almost exclusively in Linux, so I'll post bugs and contribute fixes when I can. C++ was one of the first languages I learned, but that was before it was even standardized, I didn't really understand it then, and I haven't touched it since. So I apologize in advance for any stupid remarks.