My iPhone Book

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
keless

My iPhone Book

Post by keless »

Hello IrrLicht-- it's been a while.

I've been busy; currently I'm working on the final chapter of a game programming book for O'Reilly titled "iPhone Game Development".

In the last chapter, I mention a number of 3rd party librarys/SDKs/APIs and middleware solutions for making iPhone games (Unity3D, Torque, etc).

I've seen some noise about an IrrLicht port to the iPhone a while ago, but I wondered if there had been more solid results recently. I love IrrLicht, and it would be awesome if I could list it in my book as a possible tool for readers to look into for iPhone game dev.

Has the iPhone become a supported platform, or are there plans to support it in the next few months?
a screen cap is worth 0x100000 DWORDS
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

The OpenGL-ES 1.x branch is fully functional, including an iPhone device and some workarounds for that platform. We already have some successfully developed and published iPhone games based on this code. The branch will be merged into the mainlilne at some point in the future, including an official iPhone Irrlicht-SDK release.
keless

Post by keless »

Excellent, thanks!
a screen cap is worth 0x100000 DWORDS