3D Modeler Looking 4 Team

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
ShadowX

3D Modeler Looking 4 Team

Post by ShadowX »

Well I'm a 3D modeler (well I guess the subject already says that). I've been interested in game dev for some time now. In the past (about 4 years ago) I would try to help develop games ( in 3D Game Studios), although that just lead to quite a few ended projects.. ><
Basically I've been doing 3D models for a hobby and would like to get back to one of my inspiring ambitions of game dev. I've recently lost my portfolio due to a hardware crash (now I've learned the meaning of backing up my stuff). Either way on the bright side it lead me to buying a more powerful comp (which I hope is more reliable... but either way i got back up :P ). As well as a fresh challenging start to make creations better than what I've had before.
Either way, I'm currently unfamiliar with IRRLICHT but, learning. I also would mainly like to work on some type of; Action, Adventure, Horror, or RTS game. :D
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

Hey great post. The only thing is, this is the internet. You can claim as much as you like we need picutres! :)

Hopefully you have something to show as taking peoples word for it just leads to heart ache.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

normally an artist would at least have some artworks uploaded to somewhere else. so even if harddisk crashes we will still have some copies on forums/blogs/etc.
B@z

Post by B@z »

hello!

i always welcome modelers in my team ;)
we are making an online tps game, with permament world.
We need NPCs and mobs, little bigger work, but if you accept, then player models too.
the actual player model is like this.
And we need low poly models, the previous model has 1500 vertices xD

if interested, then write me PM or email
ShadowX

Post by ShadowX »

Well yeah I have a few online... but these are not "game geared" models. The poly's are pretty high, there aren't any Textures and most of this was for beta testing a program. But here they are... if this even helps.

Old low poly crap model :roll:
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

Zbrush?
Also, nice :)
How's your hand at 2d drawing, I need a quick 2d artist for a card project, so...
ShadowX

Post by ShadowX »

The first 3 is a pipeline from this program called Curvy3D (which was being beta tested) to Zbrush 3.1.
And the bottom one is from a program called PPModeler... now called Albatross 3D. Thus here's another one I forgot from that modeler... again its pretty old and rudementary.
http://www.ppmodeler.com/perso/wip/trinity1.jpg
http://www.ppmodeler.com/perso/wip/trinity2.jpg

I have done some 2D work for a baby apperal company... this is one of the samples and not the final image though. I still have the finals though... but just not gonna show (sorriez). But, I'm actually working on a drawing as of now... I could post it later towards finalizing.
ShadowX

Post by ShadowX »

Thanks.... but I must say I'm trying to get better. And my weakest point is texturing though ><.
hayate

Post by hayate »

I really like the first and the third model! :D
Sorry for my awful english ^_^'
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

Fudge, if you can do that style, you can most definitivelly do what I had in mind. Also, that style would also fit the concept. How quick are you? There's more than a hundred cards in one of the game, around 50 in another, 2 in another and so on :)

If you can do anywhere near 4 images a day or more, I most definitivelly want to work with you.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

If you can model cars and stuff, you can PM me for more info.
d3jake

Post by d3jake »

Gawd, I wish I had seen this thread sooner...

My development team and I are currently in need of modelers. We are working on a 6DoF FPS. Our original idea is to create an updated version of the Descent series[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent_(computer_game) ], though to avoid any lawsuits, etc. we've decided to create a game with a new set of weapons as well as a new ship. We have one modeler already, although he started modeling 3-4 weeks ago and has zero artist (i.e. texture) experiance or skill.... Our project is not in desperate need of a modeler, however, if we can recruit someone that can help us out, and maybe help our current modeler out, that would be great.

In the beginning we would just need powerup models, and shortly thereafter a ship model(for the player). For our initial release we are planning on Multiplayer only, and trying to drum up some support before taking on a task of building a singleplayer. To that end we can display non-vanilla levels from Descent1\2\3, though to ensure there are NO issues with legal stuffs it would be great if we could have newer levels built for us that really show off what an updated engine can do for the game.

Related to this would be that the Descent series was all about being in mines. So far the best mines we have are cubes (from D1\2) and more complicated structures in D3, but that is '99 era game engine, so not efficient, and not designed to handle heavy poly counts. So, perhaps you could help to provide us with a "creepy" atmosphere. We have a couple audio peoples who could give you ambient sounds, etc. But we can get more into that if you're interested :)

If you have any questions, comments, or are interested in joining up, post a message here or private message me, your choice.

Thanks!
The Open Descent Foundation is always looking for programmers! http://www.odf-online.org
"I'll find out if what I deleted was vital here shortly..." -d3jake
ShadowX

Post by ShadowX »

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Looks like I found a place in a team. :D
Allfreeware

Post by Allfreeware »

I was wondering if you are currently looking for a team.
My name is Jacopo,and i'm in a team currently developing a sci-fi jrpg.
Currently the team is formed by 5 person:
-programmer/modeller;
-modeller;
-concept artist;
-environment concept artist;
-story writer;

But we need more modellers in the team to distribute the workload
and speed up the development.
This will be an unpaid project as people in team do it to gain background experience.
But everything you create for this game can be used in your own portfolio.

Here there's an article i posted at the beginning http://hydra7403.wordpress.com/
to recruit,you'll find some information on the project there.

If you're interested just email back to me
at the address you find in the article.

Thanks for your time.