[fixed] GUIEditor input bug for irrlight 1.6 release

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
phillip

[fixed] GUIEditor input bug for irrlight 1.6 release

Post by phillip »

Hello All. While working with GUIEditor for the irrlicht 1.6 release. I noticed a bug with the property text input. When you enter text values, the input cursor rests to the beginning point of the value edit box. Text or being inverted. I’m running GUIEditor on a windows Xp system using Directx and also tested with the other video devices that come with irrlicht. I don't think it a irrlicht 1.6 problem because the input boxes work fine. is anyone having the same problem?

hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yes, this bug was already sent to the bug tracker. We are waiting for bitplane to fix it. It's a problem with setText, but I didn't see an easy solution to change the code.
jeetee

Post by jeetee »

Actually.. I wonder if the current setText-method can't be renamed to setReversedText or something alike. Or have an extra parameter to say whether the text should be reversed or not.

This can be a handy feature sometimes (think in the lines of making drawing-software...)
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Well, the current solution is pretty inefficient, as it adds a new character to a string and replaces the whole string in the editbox. I doubt that this is really necessary. and since we don't support right-to-left writing languages, I see no real benefit of such a feature.
jeetee

Post by jeetee »

hybrid wrote:...and since we don't support right-to-left writing languages...
I kind of hoped there would be a (yet) in that sentence.. However there are lots more important things to work on first imo :)