Screenshot of the Month December [Winner!]

Competitions for Irrlicht or 3D in general.
Irrlicht Screenshot of the Month: Winner for January, vote for February, submit for March

Best screenshot December 2009

Poll ended at Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:15 am

tonic - Downward Spiral Sunset in Stair Dismount
3%
Eigen - Front Warrior
18%
randomMesh - Katastrophe
3%
devsh - Wet boards
3%
andres - Nocturne Thief
6%
rrg - Western Mini Golf 3D
21%
devsh - Chooser
3%
m3ltd0wn - veedub
3%
xDan - Unnamed Puzzle Game
9%
Insomniacp - Zombie World
No votes
Firgof - New Year's Celebration
30%

Total votes: 33

hybrid
Admin

Screenshot of the Month December [Winner!]

Post by hybrid »

Yes, we have a winner. It's (once more) Firgof, this time with New Year's Celebration. Congratulations, I hope tha party was nice up there :wink:
Some more cheers to our runner ups, Eigen and rrg.
We'll start the Best screenshot in 2009 contest soon! Also don't forget to submit your next shots for January 2010.

Okay, guess we need to start the voting immediately, and also sometime longer than expected. So vote for the following images for the next ten days (that's until January 9th).

tonic - Downward Spiral Sunset in Stair Dismount

Eigen - Front Warrior

randomMesh - Katastrophe

devsh - Wet boards

andres - Nocturne Thief

rrg - Western Mini Golf 3D

devsh - Chooser

m3ltd0wn - veedub

xDan - Unnamed Puzzle Game

Insomniacp - Zombie World

Firgof - New Year's Celebration

Edit: Longer deadline now (I didn't promote the submission on the main page), also update for the availability of the images and copyright note!

Hey all. Next round of our wonderful Screenshot of the Month competition. This time for December (already!). Maybe someone has Santa in Irrlicht :P
The rules are as before. Only one screenshot per project, make sure the screenshot exists until end of December (otherwise no one can see it while voting). December 18th is the deadline for submissions, voting will start right then and run until end of year.

You should submit an image, a name for the image, and some information about the scene complexity, techniques used, etc.
The winner will be announced here and on the website, and get a special place in our gallery http://sourceforge.net/apps/gallery/irrlicht/
Please note that you should make sure that you are allowed to publish the image!
BTW: If you have a successful project running, which deserves its own place in our gallery, then contact the dev team immediately. There's enough space to host nice pictures.
Last edited by hybrid on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
tonic

Post by tonic »

Here's the first entry. :)

Image name: Downward Spiral Sunset in Stair Dismount

http://jet.ro/files/SDi_screenshot.png

Image is from Stair Dismount for iPhone and iPod touch. It has been submitted for approval into App Store, so hopefully it is available quite soon if all goes well.

The game uses the OpenGL ES branch of Irrlicht for rendering, bundled with Turska for UI and ODE for simulation. The game has a built-in screenshot mechanism which wraps image in a "polaroid frame" seen in the image, and allows posting the screenshot to Facebook or email.

The scene seen here has roughly ~4500 triangles in total, with baked AO into vertex colors of scene (i.e. there is a little bit of subdivision). Scenes are made with irrEdit with help of a custom scene node plugin and custom tool for the AO. Also two scene managers are used so that dynamic light affects only the ragdoll and not rest of the scene (making it also easier to switch scene without reloading ragdoll).

PS. Feel free to include this project in the gallery as well...
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

muahaha my raytracer is coming here this month :)
Eigen
Competition winner

Post by Eigen »

Here's a new one from Front Warrior. I have started a complete rewrite of the code (with actual structure this time) and now I'm using IrrEdit for level design.

Last edited by Eigen on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
stefbuet
Competition winner

Post by stefbuet »

the skybox is rendering really nice with the green vegetation colors of your map. I like this screenshot :)
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

sort out your grass and put some dynamic lightning in there along with bump mapping on the rocks
JP

Post by JP »

Looks really good Eigen!
Image Image Image
randomMesh

Post by randomMesh »

More are here.
"Whoops..."
JP

Post by JP »

Nice, but the grass looks a bit like water! :lol:
Image Image Image
Ravi08

Post by Ravi08 »

JP wrote:Nice, but the grass looks a bit like water! :lol:
maybe its green water :P
"Hey Baby Wobbling Wobbling"
-Russell Peters
randomMesh

Post by randomMesh »

Grass and crystal clear water with green bedrock to be exact. :wink:
"Whoops..."
JP

Post by JP »

So it's meant to be water? That certainly needs some work there then.. It really does look like a hill (i think because of the perspective or surroundings it looks like a hill) with a water texture layered over it... You could look into the realistic water scene node in the projects forum maybe?
Image Image Image
randomMesh

Post by randomMesh »

My graphic card neither can do GLSL nor HLSL. Besides, this demo is about boids ai, not water. :wink:
"Whoops..."
Insomniacp

Post by Insomniacp »

I may be able to finally submit something this month :P It shall be a nice demo for all of you (hopefully... if not it should be ready in January).
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

which one looks wetter?