SPIRITUO adventure/action game (graphic inspiration Zelda)

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding game design, integration of external libraries here. For irrEdit, irrXML and irrKlang, see the
ambiera forums
bricedre

SPIRITUO adventure/action game (graphic inspiration Zelda)

Post by bricedre »

Hi everybody, my name's A.Brice aka _The_Beginner_ in many 3D forums, I'm the leader of a developement team called Anima that I've gradually created by presenting my first game project thoughout the French 3D developing forums (cause we are a french team ^^). Last word before presenting our project, we know the difficulties we'll be facing, challenges we'll have to take up but we're all strongly motivated and my team selection is mostly based on this criterion.

So now let's talk about my little baby ^^ SPIRITUO

Just to frame the whole, here is a short resume of the background:

Two brothers, Io and Tora Firos landed on a small island, unknown from the sea maps. While Io, the strongest and bravest of the two goes through the island to explore it, Tora decides to gather the remains of the boat and built a little campment. Tora discovers things he had never seen in his whole life, and especially trees with golden leaves and trunks which shine with a goldish aura at night. Always gathered around these trees, lives an extremely singular kind of sabre-toothed wolf with gold fur. Each time Tora kills one of them, the nearest tree highly glows and a weird immaterial ball goes from the carcass to the magnificient tree. After the last wolf had been killed, Tora finally manages to see that tree from a closer sight but as soon as he touched it, he was caught of seizures, choatic visions of deaths, dead wolves' spirits talking to him.

The next morning, he was waken up by the burning sun bathing the silent forest of its shiny beams. Near his hand, a stick made off the honorable tree's trunk, carved with strange signs. He called this tree the" Spirituo", recipient of all the spirits of the dead things in this island. Boasting this extraordinary weapon, he walked the way back fighting the dark enemies he has been avoiding during his exploration. Two years later, a second boat ran aground Merial. A family of merchants composed of Romuan, the patriarch, his wife, his two sons and two daughters. And the more the time pass the more boats seemed attracted by this small rock lost in the middle of nowhere. 500 years later, Shiah Darius Bruon Io Firos came to life, heir of the most glorified lineage of all time and whose destiny was going to change at the dawn of his twentieth moons.

*** So, Shiah is our hero ^^ The game starts the day before he turns 20, preparing for his ritual transition to the adult age. His grand father Hiro gives him the task to gather differents ingredients to prepare the hallucinogenic mixture he'll be to absorb before the great journey throught the land.

Hangers-on will be told to the lucky guys who will join the team ;) but not to leave you with nothing, here are some screenshots of the WIP.

!!! We're currenctly developping the first place where Shiah will be, Hiro's Island. Tutorial island but also the starting point of many things in the future game. !!!

Global view of the island :

The house :

Wire View :

So basically, we're looking for 3D modelers, 2D artists for artworks and textures also, programmers of course because we're developing this project with Irrlicht, and in general free softwares. My actual team is composed of 10 artists, all french but it doesn't really matter, if we managed to develop a game whereas we are miles away from each other, another language won't change anything ^^

Here is the development forum ( In french of course sorry, but I try to speak the best french I can so the online translators can give the best translation possible ;) )
http://spirituo.forumparfait.com/index.php

Sorry if you find faults in my text, I've a pretty good level of English but nobody's perfect ;) for more information about the project I give you th link to my original thread in Blender Clan : http://blenderclan.tuxfamily.org/html/m ... SC&start=0

Send me a MP if you wanna talk in MSN about the game or if you have a question ^^

CUEverybody !!