Quantum Flux

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Athlon_Jedi

Quantum Flux

Post by Athlon_Jedi »

Hey all, I am here to announce Quantum Flux.

a first person shooter / massave multiplayer online game that will have a single player element that effects the online game as well.

it is set in the distant future, and there will be player classes ranging from everyday citizen to intergalactic senetor. This game will feature a persistant universe system and lots of differant ships and planets and places to explore. you will be able to interact directly with other players via your avitar and do things like engage in tradeing, run your own shop/trade service, be a cop, be a terrorist, be a solder, and the like. each class will have an underlieing plot to the story that is not required you follow to play but to advance your standing in the class you chose you must do things like exchange information, find things, help others and the like to gain skill points and the like.

The development is being hosted on Irrforge and Will be released under GPL.

I also plan to release this for Linux And mac os as well as windows.

development is inbetween planning and pre-alpha at the moment with no files available yet but soon.
Oz

Post by Oz »

Boy that sounds like a huge game. How many people have you got working on it so far?

Im going to guess at least 20.
4 programmers. (lead, network, AI, tools etc)
2 moddelers (lead, skinner)
2-3 level editors (space, planet, inside structures)
1-4 sound (music, sound, voices, coding)
1 guy called skruffy who just says "im on break"
10 technical support (mmorpg, remember)
Oh and you, the designer. ;)

Sounds good though, reminds me of NeoCron or however you spell it.
Good luck anyway, im just yanking your chain. :D
"When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw what heights civilization can attain.
When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height." -Keeper Annals
(Thief2: The Metal Age)
bal

Post by bal »

Oz wrote:1 guy called skruffy who just says "im on break"
Also a Futurama-fan :D ?
General Tools List
General FAQ
System: AMD Barton 2600+, 512MB, 9600XT 256MB, WinXP + FC3
Oz

Post by Oz »

Hehe Futurama is great!
Id add to that list one alchoholic, self-centred robot who says "bite my shiney metal ass" then farts fire.
Robomaniac, anyone?
:lol:
"When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw what heights civilization can attain.
When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height." -Keeper Annals
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

Hm... i heard my name
The Robomaniac
Project Head / Lead Programmer
Centaur Force
Peter Müller

Post by Peter Müller »

Robomaniac wrote:Hm... i heard my name
lol
http://www.games-forge.de - Die Community für Nachwuchsprogrammierer
Athlon_Jedi

nope no scruffy

Post by Athlon_Jedi »

nope no one named scruffy,

but i do have a coutch dude like in the movie half-baked!

seriously though i do need a networkin developer kinda dude. cant do it all myself if i expect to release it oh say before i am like 90! lol

by the way, that futurama robot is named bender and hes my hero lol.....
Oz

Post by Oz »

Network programmer? I myself have experience in pure TCP/IP socket implementations (WIN32) but I think your going to use RakNet or something?
If you clarify this then someone with experience could wander along, say "im on break" but I do know how to string 2 or more PC's together via the internet. Lets do the MMORPG thang!

That was Ozzy being serious, scary isnt it? :D
Athlon_Jedi

groovy

Post by Athlon_Jedi »

alright OZ ,

as soon as i get some more art and level geometry put together Ill give ya a holla, guess i need ta have a look at raknet while im at it too huh :lol:

mean while send me an email to jmscn2@hotmail.com and ill go ahead and add ya as a developer on the project page at irrforge if ya really want to lend a hand!

think ya can throw together a prototype for a client / server based implementation ? using raknet?
Oz

Post by Oz »

Oops sorry Athlon_Jedi I wasnt offering networking help, what I meant to say was if you say your using RakNet, an experiened RakNet coder could offer to help. (or some other networking library)
I havent used RakNet at all yet, but ill let you know ;)

My experience is coding Winsock for networking apps only.
(Boring I know but it wasnt gameprogramming)
Athlon_Jedi

Its all good

Post by Athlon_Jedi »

Hey man,

its ok, remember this thing is being thrown together by a beer swillin, pot smokin red neck! (who just happens to be an IT professional <---contridiction in terms i know) so let me know

Post by Guest »

Does wonders or the appetite and nerves, doesnt it ;)
Tyn

Re: Its all good

Post by Tyn »

Athlon_Jedi wrote:Hey man,

its ok, remember this thing is being thrown together by a beer swillin, pot smokin red neck! (who just happens to be an IT professional <---contridiction in terms i know) so let me know
The chav programmer ;)