RPG game, need programers, and modelers.

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
renatoc8

yay

Post by renatoc8 »

YAY! i made an account! and to celebrate, concept drawings!

teleporter

"hell knight"
nitroman

Post by nitroman »

looks good! :D

could you give use more information about your game? (scenario, gameplay, world, characters, etc)
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

u do know hell knight (and pretty much that exact look) is already used in doom, don't u ;)
The Robomaniac
Project Head / Lead Programmer
Centaur Force
renatoc8

ya

Post by renatoc8 »

yup, im sorry abou that, i sent the wrong pic, but we wil have something kinda like that. i will post more aobu the story senario etc, later
Truly

Post by Truly »

dont take it bad, but you never will finish this game.

You dont know how to make a RPG
You dont want to stay around 1 year (or more) doing same thing.
You are a kid.

Try to make simplest games, and then, work in this RPG.

i only trying to help you, so dont punish me.

Regards.
renatoc8

Post by renatoc8 »

what? say that again.. im a kid?, make simpler games? ive been making games for years, all sorts of games, and for some reason, theres always some looser like you that comes in and tryes to ruin everything. i made this thread to ask if anyone wanted to help, i certantly dont need your help, i already have a team. i dont even need a team.. i just want it to go faster. so, if not gona help, get the hell out and stop criticizing other peoples work.
and. i dont wana do the same thign for a year? no i dont. i plan to do it for 3, 4, 5, how ever long it takes. 1 year is nothing, ive stayd WAYY longer htan that working on a project. dont come in here aying i dont know what im doing, becouse i do.... you know what? screw this, if you want info email: finalconquest@gmail.com
bobsaget

Post by bobsaget »

truly = owned
insolence

Post by insolence »

You do realize regardless of what you say, he is probably right... you PROBABLY won't finish this project.

Don't take it offensively, don't get all worked up then crushed.
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

90% of all rpg's even commercial ones, fail.

Your creating a world. Take your world, and view it on a game level. Then, make it in code, and make it run fast.

Its just hella hard.
The Robomaniac
Project Head / Lead Programmer
Centaur Force
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

Commercial games are in many ways more suseptable to going under than shareware or freeware games, simply because of the cut throat nature of publishers these days.

I think aiming high is ambition, whether the skill or willingness of the person matches that is not something that can just be critiqued IMO. I am going to continue aiming as high as I can and if it falls short, well better to fall short from up high than at ground level :)

Of cause you will probably think of stuff you could have done better or other things that were too complicated to do but it's all part of learning. I've learnt more through getting things wrong and learning from it than I ever did in any school. I wouldn't like to say to anyone that they should stop aiming high because that is the only way to find your limits.

If you had 5 failed projects which you learnt from wouldn't that be better than 1 really simple project that you finished?

Post by Guest »

Its better to have 5 SMALL FINISHED projects than 5 BIG IDEAS...

(sorry for the anonymous post)
Oz

Post by Oz »

I somewhat agree with Tyn here.
My view although its somewhat nihilistic is making your dream game is just a journey, better not run because it could be an endless journey. You learn on the way, thats all. ;)
Just my 0.2c
"When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw what heights civilization can attain.
When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height." -Keeper Annals
(Thief2: The Metal Age)
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

I'd say go for it.

The worst you can do is learn.
Crud, how do I do this again?
Policeman

Post by Policeman »

I have to agree to saigumi:

Even if you are quite shure he will never finish the game, it is mean to say it in his presence.

"'Threre's no one like me' says the cup in the pride of his earliest kill,
but the jungle is large and the cup is small. Let him think and be still"
- Kippling (from my memory of "The Jungle Book")

It came to my mind because I used to think alot about there words.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I agree with the "pegans" from a certain game designer.
"Sings me a dances of wolves, who smells fear and slays the coward.
Sings me a dances of mans, who smells gold and slays his brother"
Similar, no?