when irrlicht engine support dae animation?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
ccloveaa

when irrlicht engine support dae animation?

Post by ccloveaa »

currently, irrlicht just support dae as static mesh, when irrlicht engine support dae animation? i have a big problem on animation mesh from maya export...
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

As soon as someone writes a loader for it! You can do this if you want, just submit the code to the patch tracker.
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Since we're parsing the collada stuff on our own it's quite a lot of work. You need to store hundreds of references and things. I went for it once or twice, but didn't find enough energy to go through :wink: But maybe some day.
ccloveaa

Post by ccloveaa »

i want use irrlicht to iphone game, but i can't find the best animation format for it, my modeler use maya, can't find a solution to convert maya animation to md2 or md3 or other animation format, but i never try .x format, maybe use fbx and 3ds max to export .x is best choice. if irrlicht can support animation dae, it will be great!
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

On this day You should use *.x or *.b3d file formats for animated meshes in Irrlicht. I know, that Blender has got good exporters for this both file formats, so You can export to *.dae from Maya, next import this *.dae file in Blender and export to *.x or *.b3d from it.

BTW. Faster solution will be usage native *.x or *.b3d exporters for Maya, if there are avaiable.
Library helping with network requests, tasks management, logger etc in desktop and mobile apps: https://github.com/GrupaPracuj/hermes
hayate

Post by hayate »

Nadro wrote:On this day You should use *.x or *.b3d file formats for animated meshes in Irrlicht. I know, that Blender has got good exporters for this both file formats, so You can export to *.dae from Maya, next import this *.dae file in Blender and export to *.x or *.b3d from it.

BTW. Faster solution will be usage native *.x or *.b3d exporters for Maya, if there are avaiable.
Is there any problem with ms3d files? :?:

I'm using Milkshape 3d to convert some unreal engine models and just clicking "save" is the fastest way :D
Sorry for my awful english ^_^'