irrBullet 0.1.8 - Bullet physics wrapper

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
cobra

Re: irrBullet 0.1.71 - Bullet physics wrapper

Post by cobra »

Hi Baiqian,

I actually just came here to announce that irrBullet now has a kinematic character controller implementation, which can be found in the irrBullet SVN trunk.

Try updating the source with the SVN trunk and then rebuild.
Josiah Hartzell
baiqian

Post by baiqian »

thanks for your promot reply~ yes, I just used the irrbullet SVN to compile, but it said the file "kinematiccharactercontroller.h" missing.
cobra

Post by cobra »

Hi Baiqian,

For some reason Tortoise SVN requires me to manually accept new files now before it sends them to the repository.

I've updated the trunk with the new files, and it should work.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Josiah Hartzell
baiqian

Post by baiqian »

thanks, I can complie the lib now, but when i compile the example Character, it shows the error of "character->setWalkDirection(direction*0.3f);" , the setWalkDirection method is not a member of IKinematicCharacterController.
cobra

Post by cobra »

Hi Baiqian,

Change "setWalkDirection" to "setPositionIncrementPerSimulatorStep."

I apologize for these problems with the SVN code. I didn't update the example after I changed the API because I've been busy with other work.

The function name "setPositionIncrementPerSimulatorStep" will also be changed to "setPositionIncrementPerStep" in the future, so beware.

Since the character controller interface is still pretty new, there may be some other API changes for it in the SVN version.
Josiah Hartzell
baiqian

Post by baiqian »

hi Cobra,
thank you , it runs very well now. nice work for the CC ~
coderaider249

Post by coderaider249 »

Does it work with bullet 2.79 libs ?
RdR
Competition winner

Post by RdR »

coderaider249 wrote:Does it work with bullet 2.79 libs ?
Yes it does.
coderaider249

Post by coderaider249 »

Hi,

how can I set spawn position for the character controller? my character always falls from the sky.
mubashar

Post by mubashar »

hello every one i am using irrbullet for raycast vehicle its almost fine but i have some confusions

1: i have seen raycasting demo in plain bullet the chassis collision file also rotates when we rotate vehicle but in my case i am using IrrBullet when i rotate vehicle collision file don't rotate but changes its position fine.
2: tires should also be rigid body ? or i can just use them as sceneNodes and get their transformation. (irrbullet)
3: vehicle tunneling in fast motion is occurring i am trying to setccdvalues but it seems to be not working any help please? or i might giving wrong values? (irrbullet)

your help will be highly appreciated
When it's all over, it's not who you were. It's whether you made a difference
polylux

Post by polylux »

mubashar wrote:hello every one i am using irrbullet for raycast vehicle its almost fine but i have some confusions

1: i have seen raycasting demo in plain bullet the chassis collision file also rotates when we rotate vehicle but in my case i am using IrrBullet when i rotate vehicle collision file don't rotate but changes its position fine.
2: tires should also be rigid body ? or i can just use them as sceneNodes and get their transformation. (irrbullet)
3: vehicle tunneling in fast motion is occurring i am trying to setccdvalues but it seems to be not working any help please? or i might giving wrong values? (irrbullet)

your help will be highly appreciated
Ad 3: You can prevent tunneling by setting the margin of a collision shape (of not already done?)
beer->setMotivationCallback(this);
endless_dark

Post by endless_dark »

I can't compile it on Linux, I get:
make: *** No rule for making «Bullet/btBulletDynamicsCommon.h», needed by «../source/irrbulletcommon.cpp». Stop.

¿?
Granyte

Post by Granyte »

hey i'm not using irrbullet but i have a preatty special issue with bullet itself i posted over the bullet forum and haven't yet recieved any answer

here is the issue in my project i have a planet body with a LOD system that generate only the data you need to see when you need to see it so basicaly the other side of the planet does not exist when you are on one side and the detail from a specific point get adjusted as you get closer and closer. But to ajust the physic shape accordingly i have to create a new bttrianglemesh and generate a new bttrianglemeshShape every time i update the lod and place it inside the rigid body now i have the problem that the old data just accumulate in a corner of my application and i can't delete it as these destructor are virtual functions .

after noting this how does every one clean the data from bullet i mean if you create a new scene you still have the old data laying around

if any one has a suggestion it's more then welcome

here is the bullet thread that gives more detail about the issue
http://bulletphysics.org/Bullet/phpBB3/ ... f=9&t=7740
polylux

Post by polylux »

I don't think it's a good idea to update the physical representation of an object every time the visual one changes (can get computationally expensive). You apparently want to implement some sort of backface culling there. Have a look at the btBvhTriangleMeshShape class, it comes with a lot of optimizations. BulletPhysics recommends to pack many meshes into it to fully use these optimizations [recalling from the wiki].
beer->setMotivationCallback(this);
Granyte

Post by Granyte »

they mesh is not updated exxactly everyt time the visual representation change but everytime the diference betwen the physic mesh and the visual representation gets to big and when ever i hit 7k poly it lagg to hell