Deferred Rendering

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki

Do you think this is usefull and needs further improvements

Yes
93%
No
No votes
I really don't care
7%

Total votes: 107

ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

It says segmentation fault / access violation
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
sudi

Post by sudi »

ok i know why. it assumes the scenecamera is already set before you init the deferred renderer. you can fix the problem with your version simply by putting the init call after the camera creation. this bug will be fixed in the new version i uploaded right now :D

PS: link is as always in the first post
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Oh, cool, everything seems to work. And it looks very nice :)
irrRenderer 1.0

sudi

Post by sudi »

Update: added linux support and fixed some bugs
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
MikeDee

Post by MikeDee »

wow this looks freakin impressive ! :o

Deferred lightning is one of the few things ogre3d has that irrlicht doesn't, and one of my most wanted features. I'm glad you're pulling this off !

I think your really should make demos/examples. Very few people start learning on how to use a lib without first seeing it in action.
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

I'd love to see this in directx, a lot of my post processing shaders are written in that. Do you have any plans on support directx?
sudi

Post by sudi »

well thats a question of porting the shaders. i don't know hlsl.
shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

@Sudi: Please upload binaries too with every release. This way everyone may take a peek in just a few seconds without the need of setting a project and building himself. I`m sure much more feedback will be given. Running way too slow for me though... :? ATI hates GLSL. :lol:
"Although we walk on the ground and step in the mud... our dreams and endeavors reach the immense skies..."
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

This is a great addition indeed, but I have problems with fps even when using just base irrlicht :lol:
irrRenderer 1.0

etal2009

Post by etal2009 »

I'm currently getting a 'unhandled exception/access violation' when running the current build with the code in the first post. I had to add two #pragma lines since im using vc++, but other than that, I'm using the code you posted.
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Maybe you could upload the Source of this project. I wouldn't mind converting the shader's. :)
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Oh wow I almost missed this, nice work Sudi!

I'll check out your shadow mapping implementation to make sure there aren't any tricks I've missed (For when I integrate into Irrlicht). :)
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

BlindSide wrote: (For when I integrate into Irrlicht). :)
Please do, cant wait to test this under DirectX. :D
Viz_Fuerte

Post by Viz_Fuerte »

Show the source code in the future? :idea:
I think it can greatly improve the speed and compatibility.

PD: Can you compile the examples into an .exe? :lol:

BYE!!
stefbuet
Competition winner

Post by stefbuet »

Hey,
I saw in the shaders that you put the position of each pixel in a render target, but you can get this position from the depth map so it's some wasted memory? Maybe I'm wrong! :?