Link Error: COpenGLTexture dynamic_cast

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
diegomazala

Link Error: COpenGLTexture dynamic_cast

Post by diegomazala »

Hi guys
I am trying to use the RenderToTexture example to send the rendered texture through a SDI output boar. I already have the code to send Opengl textures done. It's working fine with Opengl applications. Now, I want integrate these codes. I need to set up my code with the Opengl id texture where the image is rendered.
I found the method

Code: Select all

GLuint COpenGLTexture::getOpenGLTextureName() const
So, using the RenderToTexture example I did:

const irr::video::COpenGLTexture* lpTexture = dynamic_cast<const irr::video::COpenGLTexture*>(rt);
	if(lpTexture)
		std::cout << lpTexture->getOpenGLTextureName() << std::endl;
The problem is:

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: unsigned int __thiscall irr::video::COpenGLTexture::getOpenGLTextureName(void)const " (?getOpenGLTextureName@COpenGLTexture@video@irr@@QBEIXZ) referenced in function _main
1>..\..\bin\Win32-VisualStudio\13.RenderToTexture.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
I don't know what is happening.
Any help is welcome
Thanks
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Internal methods are not exposed to the outside. You shouldn't even be able to include COpenGL.h
diegomazala

Post by diegomazala »

How is the right way to do that? Imean, how could I get the Opengl id of a texture?

Thanks
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

I don't think that you're supposed to get that handle. At least not outside the OpenGL driver implementation.
I guess you have to tell us what you actually want to achieve. What does and SDI output boar(d?) do and why can't you just render the texture?
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

@diegomazala
You can look in irrCg sources for it ;)
Library helping with network requests, tasks management, logger etc in desktop and mobile apps: https://github.com/GrupaPracuj/hermes
diegomazala

Post by diegomazala »

Hi Nadro
Thank you.
I saw your code and worked for me.
I don't know very well why it worked, but worked.

Thanks