TileCapture (concept demo)

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Eigen
Competition winner

TileCapture (concept demo)

Post by Eigen »

Yesterday I remembered an paper-pencil game my friends and I used to play when we were in school. Squared paper is used and a small region is outlined. Then each player takes a turn and adds a line to one side of any square. Who completes the line around the square captures it. But you got to be careful not to let the opponent capture it instead.

I thought it'd be a fun game to play against the computer. So I made one :)

I'm going to add some items on the maps as well, so when you capture a tile with a .. let's say a bomb on it .. you can use it to take back any tile you wish from the opponent. But for now, it's very simple. The actual story and game design will be done later.

Enough talking. Let's play!

You can download it from here

Any comments and game-play suggestions are welcome.

JP

Post by JP »

awesome, like the idea for adding in powerup items too!
Image Image Image
Eigen
Competition winner

Post by Eigen »

I've updated the game and added bombs. You can capture opponent tiles, and some nearby, by placing it on the chosen tile. Check the first post for download link.
kingdutch

Post by kingdutch »

I play this game a lot when I'm bored at school so nice to see an irrlicht version : D

I'm quite interested in how you did the AI though, seems like alot of checking tiles.
if (msg.getRubbishFactor() > rubbishLimit) { ignorePost(); cout << how it should be done << "\n"; }