EditIrr

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki

Should we keep working on this?

yes
94%
no
6%

Total votes: 87

sudi

Post by sudi »

ACE247 wrote:I'm already seeing this becoming the main Irrlicht Scene Editor. :D
Another cool feature would be adding Irrklang, or some other sound library.
And unfortunately I wont be able to finish that irrode plugin today though.
However I will have an Irrklang and ode plugin by tomorow. :D
nice. working on a cAudio plugin.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
sudi

Post by sudi »

Just finished the cAudio plugin and fixed the relative path bug(it actually was a bug)
anyway its in the svn.

PS: the scenenode has some issues when the editor is closed dunno why yet but it will figure it out.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

I dont know why, but I cant add a single scene node. :?
If I select the scenenode type, then press add node.
NOTHING HAPPENS, absolutely nothing! :(
sudi

Post by sudi »

ACE247 wrote:I dont know why, but I cant add a single scene node. :?
If I select the scenenode type, then press add node.
NOTHING HAPPENS, absolutely nothing! :(
Thats strange. are you using the latest svn? if yes maybe try without the plugins. try to build in debug mode and check the output.
The scene nodes are created in CSceneTree::OnAddSceneNode. maybe its a bug we didn't see yet.
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

I'm considering creating a LUA script animator, I'm thinking it would use a script window to setup a LUA script that would do all the positioning and calculations. So that you could actually have animator types that were'nt hardcoded in C++, but I don't know, does anyone else think that would be usefull?
That would be illogical captain...

My first full game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/3DModel ... tor#tipjar
sudi

Post by sudi »

i actually don't like the idea. bc that means the programm which is loading the scene will need to use lua. this is way to specific. besides. scripting shouldn't be used for graphics. its scripting use it to power game content not the scenenodes. well my two cents

Edit: actually scenenodes are game content....yeah well i still don't like the idea
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

Sudi wrote: [...]
why does everyone wants to add physics to a sceneEditor??i really don't get it, but great wanna see what it can do.
[...]
I always had a focus on this since I started thinking about irrOde. No need to use another editor, and you can set all necessary parameters from there. Btw: I really like working on my scenes with IrrEdit and my irrOdEdit plugin. All in one place, and really easy to use (imho). OK, it's my plugin so I guess I have to like it, but anyways.

I'll give the Alpha a try when I find some time to (maybe on the weekend), mainly to see if the things I don't like about IrrEdit are different. If not I'll (at least) write some suggestions ;)
Dustbin::Games on the web: https://www.dustbin-online.de/

Dustbin::Games on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dustbingames/
Dustbin::Games on twitter: https://twitter.com/dustbingames
sudi

Post by sudi »

Brainsaw wrote: I always had a focus on this since I started thinking about irrOde. No need to use another editor, and you can set all necessary parameters from there. Btw: I really like working on my scenes with IrrEdit and my irrOdEdit plugin. All in one place, and really easy to use (imho). OK, it's my plugin so I guess I have to like it, but anyways.

I'll give the Alpha a try when I find some time to (maybe on the weekend), mainly to see if the things I don't like about IrrEdit are different. If not I'll (at least) write some suggestions ;)
I bet you won't even need a special plugin for that anymore bc EditIrr supports custom userdata for every node. So u can add any information you like to your scenenode.

Yeah please give us some suggestions, we really want this to become the main irrlicht editor :D
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Yes I am using the latest Irrlicht SVN, I also tried using the normal 1.7.1 aswell as removing the plugins but it makes no difference at all.
The only thing working is loading a .irr Scene File and deleting, ie changing exisiting scene nodes, Nothing else.

Edit:Another bug I just found is that the camera flips to the other side when looking straight down, this might need to be locked.

EDIT2: Here's callstack and debug output from CBlocks.

Call Stack

Code: Select all

#0 00415037	CSceneTree::OnAddSceneNode(this=0x2785534, event=@0x28ecd8) (C:\editirr\trunk\source\CSceneTree.cpp:252)
#1 6B9830F5	wxEvtHandler::ProcessEventIfMatches() (C:\editirr\trunk\bin\wxbase28_gcc_custom.dll:??)
#2 6B984421	wxEvtHandler::SearchDynamicEventTable() (C:\editirr\trunk\bin\wxbase28_gcc_custom.dll:??)
#3 6B9844D8	wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent() (C:\editirr\trunk\bin\wxbase28_gcc_custom.dll:??)
#4 659C706B	wxControl::ProcessCommand() (C:\editirr\trunk\bin\wxmsw28_core_gcc_custom.dll:??)
#5 659BB240	wxButton::SendClickEvent() (C:\editirr\trunk\bin\wxmsw28_core_gcc_custom.dll:??)
#6 659BB36E	wxButton::MSWCommand() (C:\editirr\trunk\bin\wxmsw28_core_gcc_custom.dll:??)
#7 65997317	wxWindow::HandleCommand() (C:\editirr\trunk\bin\wxmsw28_core_gcc_custom.dll:??)
#8 6599AE8D	wxWindow::MSWWindowProc() (C:\editirr\trunk\bin\wxmsw28_core_gcc_custom.dll:??)
#9 659927E0	wxWndProc() (C:\editirr\trunk\bin\wxmsw28_core_gcc_custom.dll:??)
#10 75016238	USER32!IsDialogMessageW() (C:\Windows\syswow64\user32.dll:??)
#11 00000000	0x00090b64 in ??() (??:??)
#12 00000000	0x00000111 in ??() (??:??)
#13 750168EA	USER32!AllowForegroundActivation() (C:\Windows\syswow64\user32.dll:??)
#14 65992730	wxWindowCreationHook::~wxWindowCreationHook() (C:\editirr\trunk\bin\wxmsw28_core_gcc_custom.dll:??)
#15 75017177	USER32!DialogBoxIndirectParamA() (C:\Windows\syswow64\user32.dll:??)
#16 00000000	0x00000000 in ??() (??:??)
Looks like a segfault right in CSceneTree.cpp when adding scene node.
Debug

Building to ensure sources are up-to-date
Build succeeded
Selecting target: 
Debug
Adding source dir: C:\editirr\trunk\source\
Adding source dir: C:\editirr\trunk\
Changing directory to: ../bin/
Adding file: ..\bin\EditIrr_debug.exe
Starting debugger: 
done
Registered new type: wxString
Registered new type: STL String
Registered new type: STL Vector
Setting breakpoints
Debugger name and version: GNU gdb 6.8
Child process PID: 2432
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
At C:\editirr\trunk\source\CSceneTree.cpp:252
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

I'm having no problem adding nodes. What kind are you trying to add?
That would be illogical captain...

My first full game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/3DModel ... tor#tipjar
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

ANY Nodes, I cant add a thing.
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Ok, I decided to write some suggestions:
be able to Resize Menu's
Add Select Mesh Button and Dialog(instead of typing it in) for meshes.
Be able to remove Scene Node Animators
be able to move Scene Node's when animators are active
Navigation by Mouse, ie hold down middle mouse button to move in xy(up,down/leftright)
scroll to move in z(zoom)
be able to change camera movement speed
A mesh aswell as texture selection menu
Be able to preview the active texture of a material in Material Editor
sudi

Post by sudi »

are u running a 64bit system? might be problem i can't encounter on a 32bit system, but just a guess.
second thing: are the events from wxWidgets are called in a thread?if they are then this might be the problem which just happens rarely? but i will check it out.
sudi

Post by sudi »

ACE247 wrote:Ok, I decided to write some suggestions:
1. be able to Resize Menu's
2. Add Select Mesh Button and Dialog(instead of typing it in) for meshes.
3. Be able to remove Scene Node Animators
4. be able to move Scene Node's when animators are active
5. Navigation by Mouse, ie hold down middle mouse button to move in xy(up,down/leftright)
6. scroll to move in z(zoom)
7. be able to change camera movement speed
8. A mesh aswell as texture selection menu
9. Be able to preview the active texture of a material in Material Editor

1. If i find out how to do the resizing i will add that option.

2. this is already planned and will be implemented via scripting

3. already possible in the latest svn. select the node then right click. a menu pops up that allows removing the animators.

4. impossible bc of the way the standard irrlicht animators work

5. ok sounds like a good idea i will implement that as soon as possible (added in latest svn)

6. same (tried it feels weird...)

7. good idea will do that as well (3DModelerMan: could you add that to the settings menu?)

8. for what? a mesh/texture selection menu? maybe explain what ya want.

9. yeah kinda a problem bc when using opengl it doesn't allow us to render to several viewports. otherwise we would have already added a preview window where u actually see how it looks. sry maybe someone could add that feature to irrlicht? would be awesome :)
Last edited by sudi on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Yes I am using a 64bit system.
As for weather the events from wxWidgets are called in a thread I dont know because I dont know how to check that in CodeBlocks,(only now use C::B for EditIrr) mainly I use VC++.