EditIrr

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki

Should we keep working on this?

yes
94%
no
6%

Total votes: 87

sudi

Post by sudi »

ACE247 wrote:Yes I am using a 64bit system.
As for weather the events from wxWidgets are called in a thread I dont know because I dont know how to check that in CodeBlocks,(only now use C::B for EditIrr) mainly I use VC++.
I see. well i stepped through the add node function and checked everything. my debugger doesn't complain and it doesn't show weird adresses. no clue whats going on
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Well the normal Alpha 1.0 non-svn works perfectly but the one from svn doesnt, so something on my end is being done wrong.
I will see what i can find, but first I'll change this all over to VC++. :)
sudi

Post by sudi »

ACE247 wrote:Well the normal Alpha 1.0 non-svn works perfectly but the one from svn doesnt, so something on my end is being done wrong.
I will see what i can find, but first I'll change this all over to VC++. :)
ok....

anyway now i will ask alot...bc i can't reproduce this behaviour at all would you try all revisions starting from 176 and tell me when the bug appears?
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Ok doing so now.
Does the same with 176. But now all of a sudden I got compile warnings. :?

Code: Select all

||=== EditIrr, Debug ===|
G:\editirr\trunk\source\CRotator.cpp||In constructor 'CRotator::CRotator(irr::scene::ISceneManager*)':|
G:\editirr\trunk\source\CRotator.cpp|62|warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'irr::c8*'|
G:\editirr\trunk\source\CRotator.cpp|62|warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'irr::c8*'|
G:\editirr\trunk\source\CScaler.cpp||In constructor 'CScaler::CScaler(irr::scene::ISceneManager*)':|
G:\editirr\trunk\source\CScaler.cpp|61|warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'irr::c8*'|
G:\editirr\trunk\source\CScaler.cpp|61|warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'irr::c8*'|
G:\editirr\trunk\source\CTranslator.cpp||In constructor 'CTranslator::CTranslator(irr::scene::ISceneManager*)':|
G:\editirr\trunk\source\CTranslator.cpp|62|warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'irr::c8*'|
G:\editirr\trunk\source\CTranslator.cpp|62|warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'irr::c8*'|
G:\editirr\trunk\source\ExportSceneObject.cpp||In constructor 'ExportSceneObject::ExportSceneObject(irr::scene::ISceneManager*, irr::core::array<irr::scene::ISceneNode*, irr::core::irrAllocator<irr::scene::ISceneNode*> >, wxWindow*, wxWindowID, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&)':|
G:\editirr\trunk\source\ExportSceneObject.cpp|42|warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions|
||=== Build finished: 0 errors, 10 warnings ===|
Eigen
Competition winner

Post by Eigen »

I tried out rev 175 and the installer version from the SF page. Overall it's a really nice application and might as well take over IrrEdit but only if it's kept updated constantly. I mean, irrEdit has had several bugs for ages and there seems to be no sign of updates.
Anyway here's my suggestions and bugs:

Bugs:
* The open button in the File menu is not working? Save does.

* I cant delete any node from the scene graph window by selecting the node I want and pressing delete. I have to select the node it the main window which is kind of impossible for skyboxes and such. Few minutes later .. oh right. I have to double click.

* Adding any mesh scene node results in an empty scene node, I cant see any mesh. Not even the dwarf one.

Suggestions:
* Improve material editor. Move the copy/paste material from Edit menu to Material editor window. It doesn't make sense to have material copying with the the shortcut key ctrl-c. That should clone the selected node instead. Also could you add a checkbox to Material editor window that would allow any changes to be made to ALL materials at once, like setting the fog parameter. Some of meshes can have over 100 materials so it's kind of annoying. And it's the one feature I've been missing from irrEdit, greatly. Of course only material settings would be done like that, not textures and clamping and like that.

* When a node is selected, the 3 movement arrows tend to get lost in the background when the node is far away. The arrow should always be drawn in a constant size no matter the distance.

* Ditch the installer. Unless you're making changes to system registry, installers are annoying. Currently it's just a fancy way of copying files. Or if you keep the installer, at least have it create an entry in the start menu or a desktop shortcut.

* Could you make it so, that when I write a single number in the scale textbox, like 0.5, it would set all 3 values to that. Again, a feature I've missed from irrEdit. Also, I cant seem to move the cursor with arrow keys in the textboxes.

My two cents. Or three. Keep up keeping up the fantastic work you've been doing. :)
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

The open dialog not working seems strange, it works fine on mine. You said you have a 64 bit system? I don't have one, I'm trying to save for one though. Could you step through the code when you try to open, and post what you find?
That would be illogical captain...

My first full game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/3DModel ... tor#tipjar
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Hmm it gets SIGSEGV right at
Line 252 CSceneTree.cpp when getting Scene Manager

//Events
void CSceneTree::OnAddSceneNode(wxCommandEvent& event)
{
    irr::scene::ISceneManager* smgr = Device->getSceneManager(); //issue here

irr::s32 selected = NodeAddChoice->GetSelection();
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

Try adding this,

if ( !smgr ) return;
And set a breakpoint to see if it returns at that point.

My first full game:
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Nope no return, still crashes. :(
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

And it crashes on that line? What if you put

if ( !Device )
return;
above the line

irr::scene::ISceneManager* smgr = Device->getSceneManager();
Thanks for working with us to help fix the bug, we only have 32 bit systems.

My first full game:
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Still crashes on getSceneManager();
Also the 175 Install version I noticed uses only three threads, while the 176 svn uses 14. :?
Edit: also tried compiling on win32 pc ,but same problem happens? Why?
Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
What compiler do you use, GNU GCC?
Also what Codeblocks version etc?
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

I'm using one of the nightly builds because I'm to lazy to update any IDE but VC more than a couple times a year :lol: . I was thinking the device somehow isn't being created on your system, but you can see the dwarf right? so that couldn't be it. I'm using GNU GCC, and I don't know why the two versions use more than one thread, maybe wxWidgets is multithreaded? I'll test it out on another system to see if it does that for me.

My first full game:
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Maybe you could just upload a quick compile of the latest svn .exe .
I have a game development project here, and would like to use this for creating the maps.
sudi

Post by sudi »

ACE247 wrote:Maybe you could just upload a quick compile of the latest svn .exe .
I have a game development project here, and would like to use this for creating the maps.
Sure here you go. latest svn compile

Download(rev 202)
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

It seems the segfault lies solely with the wxWidgets buttons, somewhere there is a problem with those, through scripts I can perfectly well add scene node animators and nodes. But not with the add node and add animator buttons.
Thanks for the Exe by the way, works perfectly. :D