Splitscreen test app corrected!!!

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
afecelis
Admin

Splitscreen test app corrected!!!

Post by afecelis »

Hi guys!

Many thanks for your cooperation. Thanks to Jox, Puh, Mm765 and all of you for your interest and help.

It seems like the bugs have been fixed, and the features I wanted to add are finally working.

FPS improved and stays stable, F toggles fullscreen, M toggles Maya cam, N toggles normal fps cam and W toggles wireframe mode.

get it here:
http://www.danielpatton.com/afecelis/src/SplitSep21.zip

@Jox: sorry, had no time to clean the code up, I was very excited to try your stuff. If you can, please check if I placed everything properly!! :D

as usual, comments are most welcome!!!

Post by Guest »

works perfect for me. fps is max 170 and min 100 on an ati radeon mobility 9600. i like the music :mrgreen: did you made it yourself?
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

I made the one for my other test app, as well as for project Goretek. This one is from a demo called "gasoline" that uses the ProphecySdk from twilight3d.

credits are in the source.

thnx for reporting!

I'm glad the performance issue was solved! :D
bal

Post by bal »

Hmm, when you see the 4 cameras my max is 49... With my specs. Strange that a Mobility 9600 performs better :).
General Tools List
General FAQ
System: AMD Barton 2600+, 512MB, 9600XT 256MB, WinXP + FC3

Post by Guest »

i have a newer driver version as you, maybe thats the problem :)
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

Hi afecelis,
I got a question:
Is this split technique works for you when DirecX driver mode is used?
I never got good results with split+DirectX. There are flipping images, only last viewport displays correct with directX. And I gonna think that there are some bug in Irrlicht, maybe in beginDraw function. I suggest that some buffers in this function cannot cleaned with direcX.

Any comments please?