Project Raptor demo release

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
Isometric God

Project Raptor demo release

Post by Isometric God »

Hello everybody !
I have uploaded a new demo on saigumi's wonderful server :P today. The new demo now features improved movement, collision detection and even explosions. Please have a look and tell me what you think.
And don't move out of the screen or otherwise your ship will be deleted :twisted: *still working on that*

Enjoy !
Krampe

Post by Krampe »

I think this game will rock :) Very nice demo! *Krampe is happy*

I would change the movement animation "forwards/backwards". Flying backwards with the nose down looks a litte bit weird (im no physician, just my feelings).

And the demo doesnt end itself right - after leaving the demo there is still a task running called Raptor. This is slowing down everything. If you play the demo the second time, your fps will go down and there is no smooth movement any more.

Hope that helps :)

Keep up the good work, i want to play this game yesterday :lol:
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

Hey the ships and explosions look cool, but I have a question about the collision detection. Your ship can shoot out 2 bullets. I've been having problems with Irrlicht's collision detection and adding more than one triangle selector to the metaTriangleSelector. For me, and apparently everyone else b/c no one else answered my thread except Niko, the collision detection will only work for the last triangle selector added to the metaTriangleSelectors, all other seem to be ignored and collsion detection only works for that last object added. Of course you're probably not using triangle selectors for the bullets but I'd thought I'd check and see if you'd encountered this problem as well.
Isometric God

Post by Isometric God »

Exactly ! I'm not using triangleselector, because I think the Irrlicht collision detection is too complex for that. So I created a list of aabbox<f32> for every object ( 1-5 boxes ) and test them for collision with the other spaceships' boxes.

Sorry, but I can't help you with that !
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Ah, small but very nice demo :) Really looking forward to the full game ;)
joi

Post by joi »

arent you going to release the source code ? :shock:

nice demo :lol:
------------
one more lie
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

He doesn't have to release the source. I plan on not releasing the source and even maybe :o selling :o my game and it's engine. (The Blockwar engine, not the Irrlicht engine)

Though, I do make tutorials on what I do graphically since most of it is very low level as I'm not a very graphixy person.
Crud, how do I do this again?
Isometric God

Post by Isometric God »

not sure yet. I don't think the game would sell too good, but maybe some people want to honour my work financially :P :P

First of I all I want to get this project finished. After that, we'll see ... 8)
t

Post by t »

It looks great so far to me. :)

As for whether people would buy it, get a fully working game going and I'm sure they would. Don't underestimate yourself :)
t

Post by t »

Isometric God wrote:Exactly ! I'm not using triangleselector, because I think the Irrlicht collision detection is too complex for that. So I created a list of aabbox<f32> for every object ( 1-5 boxes ) and test them for collision with the other spaceships' boxes.

Sorry, but I can't help you with that !
Could you show the type of code you use for that? Does Irrlicht have a function to check if two aabbox-es are clashing? Or do you test manually using a formula from gamedev.net or flipcode.com etc?
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

t wrote:Does Irrlicht have a function to check if two aabbox-es are clashing?
Sure it has, try IntersectsWithBox: http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/docu/cl ... d.html#a13