Graphical User Interface Creation Editor *NEW 10-27-04*

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

Nice Midnigh
The Robomaniac
Project Head / Lead Programmer
Centaur Force
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Wolf Dreamer wrote:Got it now. Works great.

I had no trouble creating a new project with MSVC++ adding the .cpp and getting it to build. That is probably one of the few examples I've ever downloaded that built properly for me. :)
I love picking things apart so I'll comment on this reply...

I just wanted to mention that I included the project files with GUICE.rar so there really was no reason to make a new one however. I didn't actually want to comment about that it was your signiture I wanted to say something about actually.

I just wanted to ask if you're really the last sane person or if your part of the craziest place in the universe and just don't realize your insane just like the rest of us... the truth is none of us or atleast most of us aren't really insane it's just like everything else... A matter of perspective... for example there are some people that would think you're crazy just for saying something like that... or this for that matter.

Did you know that scientific study has shown that madness is related to high intelligence? now what does that make you?

lol careful what you say you never know from what perspective you're being watched through.

EDIT:: I removed most of my previous posts because basicly I talk too much and treat forums a little too much like a chat room...

GUICE Beta will have more functionality then alpha and shouldn't be released too much farther in the future so that basicly sums up everything I erased... I want the community's reactions to stand out more then my big mouth so thats what thats all about.

How much "extra functionality" Beta version will have Really depends on what tyn has been working on since I'm not sure yet how far he's gone with his version. (it's possable tyn has saved me ALOT of work being a more experienced coder then myself so he may have even moved the deadlines forward a bit also)

One thing to keep your eye out for is another thread entirly for GUICE Beta I want to keep versions as seperate as possable to avoid confusions of versions and discussions.

I also plan to talk a little more about future versions and functions of GUICE in the soon to come Beta thread.
Wolf Dreamer

Post by Wolf Dreamer »

Yes, some would find it odd I claim to be sane, then give in great detail a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why I have penguins living inside my brain. They keep the spiders out you know.

More on that in my forum, among other bits of amusing insanity, which although lacking the thousands of post of my previous forum, now has no irritating popup ads.
http://s3.invisionfree.com/Random_Thoughts/index.php?

I would like to see the rest of your post.

And I agree with you that any truely intelligent person would be driven into madness once they realize how screwed up and illogical the world truely is.
The last sane human being in a world gone mad

http://s8.invisionfree.com/Game_Maker_f ... hp?act=idx
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Screwed up yes...

Illogical... No

Otherwise how could a person like you go from sane to insane in a single leap and reply.

Before sailers no one could understand how the world could be round either.

The universe is round too...

It's all just one big circle, one massive cosmic for-loop.

You just have to understand that humans are the if-statements.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

I finally found the GUI editor that GUICE is based on it took me forever and now I know why.

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... aker#11729

it's at the bottom of the first page of that thread. I found it by searching for the exact name of the file which is guimaker.zip that I mistook for guibuilder.zip. I told you I would find it 8) and I did.

All the credit for getting GUICE started goes to Marquis and now that I've found the original creator I want to personally thank him for giving birth to this project.

He has appearently stopped hosting the file so I've made a list of features that were in the original program so there is no mistake of the work he deserves the credit for.

the original program contained the following functions...

save, clear (newproject), quit (exitprogram), button, label (statictext), listbox (without the listbox declare function), scrollbar, image, editbox, delete, deselect, and one unfinished info type command.

everything associated with that aswell (including the "bug" context menu design)

there wasn't many bugs except for the design itself since you couldn't build gui underneath the context menu in the original design.

I picked up this tool one day and the shear simplicity of it allowed me to understand Irrlicht commands easily and thus begun the GUICE project.

well there you have it I've spent months searching for this even though Marquis didn't really seem to want any credit but I think thats only because he knew how simple a program it was... simple or not without Marquis GUICE would not exist.

Other special thanks goes to Niko and Tyn. without Niko none of this would have happened and I couldn't even write this here so as always WE ALL LOVE YOU NIKO. I know I do.. Irrlicht is the key to my future and as for Tyn you can all pretty much thank him for getting GUICE Beta (the next schedualed release) imediately underway.

you can expect to see GUICE Beta in the next couple of weeks and if not you'll know it will be feature packed. I've already begun cleaning up the original code from the alpha release turning the grid into a nice compact for-loop like everyone so helpfully suggested aswell as some other features I think everyone is going to like.

Well back to the salt mines.