Dynamic world generation, road pathing, and dynamic overview

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Markhor

Dynamic world generation, road pathing, and dynamic overview

Post by Markhor »

Ok so I am a newbie programmer for games, only done some piece of junk in GameMaker...Chili world based Metroid game..haha!

So no I don't want to start with these things, I would just like some insight into them. I am working on a simple menu as of now (fans of Master of Orion 2 know what I'm talking about on the solar system view)...it'll eventually be an FPS with some simulation or RTS effects like resources on the planet.

Any insight into a dynamically generated world, that allows a "guaranteed" path to mineral veins would be nice. The dynamic overview I think I can figure on my own, but any ideas would be nice.
What I mean is, on the first two, I'd like for the world to be made once they select what type of planet they want to play on, but have resources that are also dynamic. At the same time, have it so nothing blocks the way, like trees or rocks (both of which are harvestable, but I'm not sure how early)...
yeah I know, overcomplicated. I'm taking it one step at a time, but foresight helps.

Thanks.