Camera path and mouse pick

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
mg

Camera path and mouse pick

Post by mg »

Hello,
i have two questions:
1) It's posible to make in 3D editor curve and camera will be move along this curve?
2) I can make box witch will be divide to some patrs (with sybmol). And when palayer click with mouse on one part (sybmol) i need information on witch part player click.

Sorry for my terrible english :-)
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

1) No, I think you're asking if you can use an editor to make a path for the camera to follow and thats not possible as far as I know. You'll have to create a fly animator in the code, check out the documentation under irr::scene::ISceneManager Class Reference. You could maybe use createFlyCircleAnimator and just cut it off before it makes a full circle. Or use a bunch of shorter createFlyStraightAnimators that would best fit the curve you're looking for.

2) I'm not sure exactly what you're describing here but maybe you could use a GUI element that detects whether it's been clicked on. Of course that would be 2D. If you're talking about a box in 3 space then maybe you should look at the irr::core::line3d< T > Class. You could check a line from the camera or cursor location straight ahead and see if the line intersects with your object.