manual Collosion

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
hell_bird

manual Collosion

Post by hell_bird »

hi,

i have a problem. I want to programm a first-person shooter. So i have to make a collosion-check between:

- Camera, Level
- Camera, other Players
- Ammonition, Level
- Ammonition, other Players

I think its no problem, but i don't want to use a automatic collosion. I dont like automatic things and what's more it doesnt work, because i don't use a FPS camera.

I want to use manual Collosion, but there was no example. Can anyone teach me that, maybe how to implement the four things (mentioned in the top).

Thank you!!!
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

A camera has a bounding box no matter what camera you use, you don't have to use the FPS camera, and you will get collisions.

If you really don't want to use Irrlichts functions, you should be able to use any of the 3D collision tutorials on Gamedev.net, Flipcode.com, or a simple Google "3d collsion detection functions".
Crud, how do I do this again?
hell_bird

Post by hell_bird »

yes i want to use irrlichts funktions. but i dont like the funktion createCollisionResponseAnimator because it does too mutch and i want to implement some funktions myself. arent there other irrlicht-funktions, that only check , if there is a collosion and dont simulate gravitation etc ?
Ironfoot

Post by Ironfoot »

You could set the gravitation to 0 (zero)
Great Engine, Niko, keep up the good work!
hell_bird

Post by hell_bird »

ok, next problem:

i use the automatic collosion and gravity (i found out, that they're good). can i detect, if ´the camera collides with something?