New Game -- Centaur Force

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...

How does this game look like its coming?

Great, awesome job!
25%
Good, but still needs some work.
75%
Ok, need a bunch of work though.
No votes
Horrible, start over!
No votes

Total votes: 4

Robomaniac

New Game -- Centaur Force

Post by Robomaniac »

I am here to announce a new game. Centaur Force (working title) will be a first person shooter. So far i havn't thought about that much else. It would be great if I could get some help from some 3d modelers to do weapons, monsters, etc. I am not a modeler and have no experience. Thanks All.

The Robomaniac
Last edited by Robomaniac on Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Polygoner

Post by Polygoner »

good title

right now i am bit free i can help u.
please give me your email id
and details

Regards
Polygoner
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

Sorry about the lengthy response, but I can't access the forum from my school's firewall. The web page is up at http://www.eve-corp.com/centaurforce/. I havn't really had time to work on it yet because of exams, but now that I'm on break, I'm going to work on it a lot. As said on the website, the game will be an egyptian themed shooter. The story will be based on a counter terrorist unit who goes into a pyramid to rescue hostages, only to be slaughtered by sphinxes and other egyptian type enemies. You, being the only survivor, carrying only your pistol (at first) need to fight your way through to find your way out. Meanwhile exacting revenge on everything you find. If you think you can help, don't hesitate to e-mail me at seckenrode@thehill.org.

Thanks!

The Robomaniac
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

By the way, i need a modeller, skinner, and map designer. This will be released as freeware, so it is a nonprofit job. If your interested, drop me an e-mail at seckenrode@thehill.org. Thanks!

The Robomaniac
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

i can probably work on some weapon models for you
i can also do the u v mapping for the models but i am not that good at texturing
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

polygoner -- my e-mail is seckenrode@thehill.org e-mail me if you want the job
Robomaniac

DEMO DEMO DEMO!

Post by Robomaniac »

New demo for Centaur Force posted. Get it at www.stephen.eckenrode.com/CentaurForceDemo1.zip . To get into the game just click the quit button on the gui and then to exit from the level just Alt-F4 Currently you can just walk around, and as you can tell, i need help with models and textures.

The Robomaniac

Edit -- WARNING 6 MB FILE!!!!!!!

Edit Edit -- Uploaded new file that fixes an error with the program. This file uses Irrlicht v 0.4.1
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

i just finished a model of a rocket textured and all i'll post a link so you can look at it
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

it crashes everytime I click the quit button...
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

here is a link to the rocket you can do whatever you want with it
http://www.geocities.com/stampsm1/rocket
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

i need several picture of different views of guns to model off of do you have any links to any pictures?
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

Hunter -- Do you have the two dx for Dev C++ Installed?

stampsm -- looks good, i'll try to post some pictures ounce i get around to it. THanks!

--The Robomanaic
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

Robomaniac wrote:Hunter -- Do you have the two dx for Dev C++ Installed?
Whatcha mean the 2 dx for dev C++? I put the 2 DirectX.dll's that you included, in the directory with the executable, and I put the 0.4.1 dev C++ Irrlicht.dll in there too. I already have the DirectX 9 SDK installed on my computer. Am I doing something wrong?
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

What errors do you get when it crashes. It definately has something to do with the DirectX because looking at the code i see that for some reason i rendered the GUI with OpenGL, but the scene with DirectX, so it has something to do with that. Maybe its the SDK?

--The Robomaniac
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

I've done a bit of modelling before, I could probably do some weapons. Couple of questions, are you basing them off real life weaponry? Have you got a poly limit in mind? If they are based off real life models it should be no problem to do it.