Interesting 3D images and videos (Not necesarilly Irrlicht)

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
Mel
Competition winner

Interesting 3D images and videos (Not necesarilly Irrlicht)

Post by Mel »

I want to open this thread to share with you (and if you find something interesting yourselves, you are welcome to use it as well) videos and, or images of 3D renders which you consider them to be interesting.

We already have the Irrlicht ones, but i think this was more proper place to show this, because this render isn't irrlicht, but RenderMonkey, although can be ported to Irrlicht without troubles.

It is a subsurface scattering implementation of my invention (i haven't read it anywhere, i am just suposing how should it work...), using the shadowmaps to calculate the diference between the depth of the fragment, and the depth where the light is suposed to reach.

It is a surface approach, so, it doesn't take into consideration the proper scatter of the light inside the object, take a peek to the shadows, and you might notice something odd, but it makes a really nice effect. i hope you like it.

It includes, although they don't show, normal mapping, specular, SH lighting and a long ETC of techniques.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4jpO-dLFHU
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

My 3D Animation Video Created in Blender. Water sucking Plants.

http://www.vimeo.com/16789738
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

my latest demo reel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMG8MfzAssU

all modeling works done in blender except the sculpting works. mostly rendered in Blender but some were not (maya, udk, irrlicht!). the top down shooting game demo is an irrlicht project.
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

Is that the theme for Hydrocity Zone from Sonic 3? A nice portfolio
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

Lonesome Ducky wrote:Is that the theme for Hydrocity Zone from Sonic 3? A nice portfolio
thx. yeah it is. i think it's remix version/
jibblesmgee

I just started this today

Post by jibblesmgee »

Rockman!!!

I want to make a 3d rockman game, I know the model sort of sucks, but I wanted to keep my polygons low enough. I don't have an excuse for that dumb looking face though. blender rendered (I'm a n00b, so don't make fun of me too bad)
shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

Don`t worry, I highly doubt anyone`s going to laugh at you- especialy in programmers` forum- it`s definitely not bad for a first model. If you want to improve it, you may shrink the body at 90% and add some neck, make the helmet and face a bit narrower and the eyes smaller. Here`s a quick MSPaint paintover (hope you don`t mind:
http://pics.data.bg/categories/1/%D0%BE ... gaprofiles

PS: use smooth groups too
"Although we walk on the ground and step in the mud... our dreams and endeavors reach the immense skies..."
jibblesmgee

Thanks!

Post by jibblesmgee »

yeah, that will probably look alot better. I've made an animation for running, but I have no idea how to export the blender animation to its own file for use in irrlicht. I know the code and include files to use in irrlicht. I'll just look around the forum and maybe find an answer.
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

I can finally show you guys some of the work I've been doing for the last couple of months :D

This is a video of my game engine which I built from the ground up (even the rendering engine) showing off volumetric light scattering

The engine itself is still pre-alpha and not stable at all, so if you find any inconsistencies (besides the cheap water and horrible texturing) you can blame it on that ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLjq1doHYx8

The vid is a bit twitchy since I have the bad habit of running loads of heavy programs in the background while recording, the engine itself gets very decent framerates

EDIT:

Better non-twitchy video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsmNAojTGbU
jibblesmgee

Post by jibblesmgee »

cool, what programming language did you use to make that?
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

jibblesmgee wrote:cool, what programming language did you use to make that?
C++, with the shaders done in HLSL (no OpenGL support yet)
jibblesmgee

Post by jibblesmgee »

Cool

I did a few of those changes on the rockman, and made a good running animation. Anyone know how to turn your rendered animation into a movie file? I guess I could just export to b3d put it into irrlicht and video capture. What program do you guys use for video capture?

lol... he looks like a toy rockman.
Pazystamo

Post by Pazystamo »

jibblesmgee wrote:Cool
What program do you guys use for video capture?
For linux i use "Desktop recorder", for windows "CamStudio". Both are free. Then you set window region (size) use even pixel size, because video codecs (some of them) don't like odd video size.
My project in forum- ATMOsphere - new dynamic sky dome for Irrlicht
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

jibblesmgee wrote:Cool

I did a few of those changes on the rockman, and made a good running animation. Anyone know how to turn your rendered animation into a movie file? I guess I could just export to b3d put it into irrlicht and video capture. What program do you guys use for video capture?

are you using blender? you can directly render it into movie. you can set it at the render settings.
jibblesmgee

Post by jibblesmgee »

swwweeeeet It even has HD modes!!! (not that my models can benefit from them much)

Here are the animations I've gotten pretty much done, I'll tweak them and the model some more, but it's coming along. Sorry I keep posting this crap, but I'm just having too much fun working on this stuff. It's going to be a while before I get anything going in irrlicht, because I've got to do a third person camera, and figure out how to make the head and "megabuster" look at the mouse pointer. Not to mention all the coding for controlling the animation, and implementing bullet physics into everything. Other than that I've got the model exported and playing animations for me in irrlicht. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0L4-d6EPUY

I hope to ask alot of questions on the different forums so I can figure out how to get this to work. You guys are all really helpful, so thanks!