Version 0.1 Alpha Release: Irrlicht Dedicated Physics Engine

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

Alpha Omega wrote: (I am a chemical engineer so sorry for the vocabulary).
I'm an engineering student myself, so the vocabulary is not a problem ;)
fmx

Post by fmx »

The best way to learn is to do it.
Good luck, and may the force be with you...
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

Use OctTrees for pruning, use OctTrees for ALL!
Alpha Omega

Post by Alpha Omega »

Just posted a new video that represents frictional 2D co-planar collisions. I think they came out really nice. Anyone have a good bowling or shuffle board game for a stress test? :P
sudi

Post by sudi »

looks really nice but doesn't it miss rotation?
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
Alpha Omega

Post by Alpha Omega »

Sudi wrote:looks really nice but doesn't it miss rotation?
The cubes rotate when they collide. I am still working on the scaling so in that specific example they do not rotate by much but they do rotate. Think of it like a pool ball. When you make a corner shot the balls do not rotate but bounce off at an angle. The angle they come off the collision is a result of the torque applied on both bodies.
ulao

Post by ulao »

Does it have support for terrains or big heightfields? Will you be making an irredit plug in?
All good things come from Finland, Children of Bodom
- Damn right! But I didnt like that latest album.
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

Check out the GPU gems 3 - GPU physics representing objects as balls of particles...

@ ulao:
I havent heard the new album yet, I wanna go to their concert.... but I live far away and I cant get a train back same day :(
Fury.

Post by Fury. »

great work. :) it is not too difficult adding more complex phisics. think especially about 3d islands (group of items moving together). this is very usefull to speed up computing .
Alpha Omega

Post by Alpha Omega »

Posted a speed test using OBB collision detection. Its only half way implemented and using a check cheap collision check, not as check as AABB but still cheap.
Luben

Post by Luben »

This is kewl :] But did i just see the cubes intersecting each other @~23 seconds in that latest video? :p
Alpha Omega

Post by Alpha Omega »

Luben wrote:This is kewl :] But did i just see the cubes intersecting each other @~23 seconds in that latest video? :p
Still working out all the bugs :wink:
REDDemon
Developer

Post by REDDemon »

I have already have phisic engine for my simple 2d game. But I'll take a try with your phisics manager. if it is good I will use it, since some features are already a TODO in my game I can help you a bit founding bugs and stress testing things.

EDIT: it seems to miss the download link. will you leave it opensource?
Junior Irrlicht Developer.
Real value in social networks is not about "increasing" number of followers, but about getting in touch with Amazing people.
- by Me
Alpha Omega

Post by Alpha Omega »

REDDemon wrote:I have already have phisic engine for my simple 2d game. But I'll take a try with your phisics manager. if it is good I will use it, since some features are already a TODO in my game I can help you a bit founding bugs and stress testing things.

EDIT: it seems to miss the download link. will you leave it opensource?
Once the project is in a releasable state a download link will be posted. It will most likely remain opensource. Once I finish up this last bit of collision detection I will most likely post an alpha release so the basics can be thoroughly evaluated. If you would like to stress test that would be appreciated :D .
Alpha Omega

Post by Alpha Omega »

Just posted anew video update. It is the first stress test for the engine. Its to test how many physics objects can spawn in the world. I tested with 1000 cubes. I did the video in real time so it is laggy but it ran and for 1000 cubes in real time, checking all collisions simultaneously was not a bad first attempt video is on the OP.