What do you do for Audio?

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding game design, integration of external libraries here. For irrEdit, irrXML and irrKlang, see the
ambiera forums
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

REDDemon wrote:Maybe cAudio isn't dead but I found a bug and I get no answer in the support forum..
What kind of bug?
Just wanna make sure I don't spend much time on implementing it, if it has a bug which makes it unusable..
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).
REDDemon
Developer

Post by REDDemon »

this is not a very important bug. the doppler effect doesn't work with all file formats. and some time is not working when streaming.

if you don't use it there will be no problems at all (never encountered other problems)
Junior Irrlicht Developer.
Real value in social networks is not about "increasing" number of followers, but about getting in touch with Amazing people.
- by Me
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

REDDemon wrote:this is not a very important bug. the doppler effect doesn't work with all file formats. and some time is not working when streaming.

if you don't use it there will be no problems at all (never encountered other problems)
Oh, Then it should be ok for me, thanks for informing :)
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).
captainkitteh

Post by captainkitteh »

irrKlang is the best. It is extremely easy to use and totally free. For commercial use the license fee is a small drop in the bucket (starting with 65 EURO).
Insert witty saying
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

captainkitteh wrote:irrKlang is the best. It is extremely easy to use and totally free. For commercial use the license fee is a small drop in the bucket (starting with 65 EURO).
Yeah, irrKlang is really great for getting things up and running fast with a very good quality
I was also rather impressed by cAudio back when I used it in my irrlicht-based framework, it's definitely worth considering when implementing audio