running MeshViewer.app in OSX without XCode

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
bigbman

running MeshViewer.app in OSX without XCode

Post by bigbman »

trying to figure out how I can get the MeshViewer running in OSX without XCode. Double-clicking the .app file does nothing, likely because it expects console input for the driver selection. I'm not sure how to run this in the console, or if it works, but all attempts thus far have failed:
$ open ./MeshViewer.app
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /SDK/irrlicht-1.7.2/source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/build/Release/MeshViewer.app
[/quote]
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

You can cd into the app and run the contained binary directly, at least that worked last time I was in OSX. It's probably better to remove the driver selection and recompile though.
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
Hodapp

Re: running MeshViewer.app in OSX without XCode

Post by Hodapp »

I have this issue as well on OS X 10.6 with nearly every single example except for 01.HelloWorld.
hybrid
Admin

Re: running MeshViewer.app in OSX without XCode

Post by hybrid »

Just don't use open, but use the direct call ./something
I'm not sure if ti's possible to call this on the .app, or if you always have to cd into the app and execute the binary directly. But one of these ways will definitely work, it's also what I do.