Simple virus?

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
Lunacore

Simple virus?

Post by Lunacore »

Does someone use DEV-CPP and (actual) Avira?
I created a new console-project with a simple code:

Code: Select all

#include <cstdlib>
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
    cout<<"test";
    system("PAUSE");
    return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}
After compiling, my Avira tells me, project1.exe is a virus called TR/Gendal.475116.A (by 4 signs in cout) or TR/Gendal.475116.E (by 5 signs in cout).
It does only comes up, when i try to "cout" 4 or 5 signs. In case of 3 or 6, Avira doesn't see it as a trojan.
Can some check this on his machine and tell me, if you had the same problem with Avira and devcpp?
sudi

Post by sudi »

thats not a problem with cout actually. The problem is the system call. Its evil and unsafe.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
booe

Post by booe »

LOL, when I spotted this topic title I tought that you're actually going to WRITE a virus and ship it with Irrlicht!
lazerblade

Post by lazerblade »

Captain technically accurate reminds you that this is *not* a virus, but indeed some other form of malware.

Do I get an award for being the first person to point that out? I mean an award other than a slap in the face. :lol:
LazerBlade

When your mind is racing, make sure it's not racing in a circle.

3d game engine: http://sites.google.com/site/lazerbladegames/home/ray3d
lazerBlade blog: http://lazerbladegames.blogspot.com/
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

DevCPP is evil, and thats the proof!!!

Is it reliable Avira?... maybe it is programmed also with DevCPP!... :twisted:

Now, it is really odd. It looks the kind of alert because of failed heuristics. Or else, that you have already a virus, and that in infects your programs even when they are just finished compiling.

Be careful!
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

Mel wrote:DevCPP is evil, and thats the proof!!!

Is it reliable Avira?... maybe it is programmed also with DevCPP!... :twisted:

Now, it is really odd. It looks the kind of alert because of failed heuristics. Or else, that you have already a virus, and that in infects your programs even when they are just finished compiling.

Be careful!
I agree with Mel.

You should consider switching IDE for sure, many times people got problems with dev-cpp they were suggested to do so, simply because dev-cpp is no longer developed, and may have many problems.

Avira is not the best choice for AV software, tough maybe it could be solved if you'd post it to the dev's of avira, if the problem is on their side.
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).
pippy3

Post by pippy3 »

What lazy ass virus writer called SYSTEM("deltree c:")?
REDDemon
Developer

Post by REDDemon »

there are still teachers showing how "dev.cpp" is amazing... amazing? O_O that's a DEPRECATED IDE (don't know if IDEs can be deprecated lol).

you can try lots of good free IDE, codewarriors, code::blocks, eclipse, there are also lots of tutorials (irrlicht has also a mingw built wich is very compatible with C::B)
Junior Irrlicht Developer.
Real value in social networks is not about "increasing" number of followers, but about getting in touch with Amazing people.
- by Me
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

REDDemon wrote:there are still teachers showing how "dev.cpp" is amazing... amazing? O_O that's a DEPRECATED IDE (don't know if IDEs can be deprecated lol).

you can try lots of good free IDE, codewarriors, code::blocks, eclipse, there are also lots of tutorials (irrlicht has also a mingw built wich is very compatible with C::B)
My teacher only showed me the "awesome" PASCAL, which had an IDE in my own native language, which made it even more "awesome". Image
booe

Post by booe »

serengeor wrote:
REDDemon wrote:there are still teachers showing how "dev.cpp" is amazing... amazing? O_O that's a DEPRECATED IDE (don't know if IDEs can be deprecated lol).

My teacher only showed me the "awesome" PASCAL, which had an IDE in my own native language, which made it even more "awesome". Image
Erm, teacher? You mean your *shepherd*, sheep-cutie?
Sir_Hans

Post by Sir_Hans »

I had a similiar error for an starcraft 2 file. that was a problem from avira. Just update avira today or tomorrow again and the error shouldn't be there anymore. The other people already pointed out what to do else ;)
Rishikeshan

Worm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Rishikeshan »

it maybe a worm like worm.runouce.b ... :roll:
serengeor

Re: Worm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by serengeor »

Rishikeshan wrote:it maybe a worm like worm.runouce.b ... :roll:
Heh, I think I've seen this one on my computer long time ago, couldn't remove it because it created other copies of it every time I tried to remove it, also when I tried to remove it from being launched at boot up (deleting its registry keys) it got them back somehow again.
It was a pain in the a**. And I think AV software didn't detect it, or maybe it crashed the AV before it could catch it.. I reinstalled windows that time, but I always seam to get into some troubles with windows. But now I'm happily using linux :)
hendu

Post by hendu »

Reflections on trusting trust, no?