Help with Raycast Vehicles in IrrBullet

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
DawsonXB360

Help with Raycast Vehicles in IrrBullet

Post by DawsonXB360 »

Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how to implement a raycast vehicle. the raycast tank example included with irrbullet didn't help me.

What I'm looking for is a quick guide on how to implement a standard 4 wheel car or buggy.

Do I need to put joints in my model, and where? What if I scale up the size of the vehicle, what values will need scaling? I just can't work out any of this from the raycast tank example.

It'd be appreciated if someone could post up a howto or some descriptive source code that implements a car.

Cheers in advance. :x :x
randomMesh

Re: Help with Raycast Vehicles in IrrBullet

Post by randomMesh »

DawsonXB360 wrote:I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how to implement a raycast vehicle. the raycast tank example included with irrbullet didn't help me.
Don't know about irrBullet, but there is a VehicleDemo in bullets Demos directory. The source might help.
DawsonXB360 wrote:What if I scale up the size of the vehicle, what values will need scaling?
This will answer your question.
"Whoops..."
cobra

Post by cobra »

Hi Dawson.

I do this in my game (with irrBullet) for multiple types of vehicles (tanks, aircraft, trucks, etc.)

I guess I'll have to do a standard raycast vehicle tutorial for the next irrBullet release. Some slight modification of the tank example will get you the kind of vehicle that you want.

- Josiah
Josiah Hartzell
newleon

Post by newleon »

Hi,
This is a while I am using IPhysics (a physics wrapper based on Newton Game Dynamics for Irrlicht) for my driving simulator. Its design is simple and easy to use, but its reality is not that much. I am looking for an alternative. I found Bullet has a vehicle demo but IrrBullet does not have. It only has a Tank example which technically is not a vehicle. According to previous posts, Cobra used to provide some helps for the vehicle but I do not see anything. Cobra, would you please those guidelines for developing a vehicle using IrrBullet?