No Rest For The Wicked (Survival/Horror/Mystery/Puzzle)

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

how much poly is that? IMO it's too high poly for a building model. you can optimize it by either combine some vertices to reduce excess poly on flat surfaces or just use a texture with alpha for the windows.
fmx

Post by fmx »

Virion wrote:Image
how much poly is that? IMO it's too high poly for a building model. you can optimize it by either combine some vertices to reduce excess poly on flat surfaces or just use a texture with alpha for the windows.
or use normal/parallax mapping

unless the plan is to create a pre-rendered setup, like the old Silent-Hill and Res-Evil games on PSX/PS2?
In which case it wouldn't make a difference, throw more polys at it
zester
Competition winner

Post by zester »

So I was like (ohhhhh I have to have paintings with spooky moving eyes) but I messed it up.

I think I will just model the picture frame and then make a video of the eyes moving and the painting doing weird stuff like swirling into a vortex. And then play the video on a texture.
Maybe Ill make the painting bleed!!!!

I do have to admit the painting model looks sick in my opinion lol :)

And here we have our speed limit sign :)

Lastly the Town of Wicker Hollow will be modeled after the town
I live in mainly because there is alot of really old buildings for textures
and reference.

This is the reference image.
soulless

Post by soulless »

lol sounds good, very good!!!

In Irrlicht there is a texture animator, so you don't need to make a video for the moving pictures, just a slide of textures and use that with the animator, Irrlicht moves it for you.
zester
Competition winner

Post by zester »

Scene/Game Editor in the works. (Window, Linux, Mac) Supported

Pregnant Nuns!!!! (1000 Poly's & 888 Poly's) Note: Look at the hands to see the difference.

What Needs To Be Done:
------------------------------
1. Make Head Dress
2. Make Tentacles
3. Texture
4. Rig & Animate

zester
Competition winner

Post by zester »

Here we are at 968 Poly's

Virror

Post by Virror »

Looking forward to see the result after texture + animation on this model : )
zester
Competition winner

Post by zester »

What do you guy's think. (I changed the smile to a sneer and gave her devil horn's)
Should I keep the horns and make them better or does she look better with out the horns?

zester
Competition winner

Post by zester »

I like the Eye's, Makeup, and Teeth this is what I might be going for with the Nun.

shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

The editor looks pretty, but it`s very easy to tell where you`ve edited the models and where not. You don`t make your characters` models from scratch, do you? :wink:
"Although we walk on the ground and step in the mud... our dreams and endeavors reach the immense skies..."
zester
Competition winner

Post by zester »

I make every thing from scratch, except for humans I use makehuman then I chop the mesh
up and piece parts together.The only part of that Nun that i used makehuman for is the face
and parts of the upper body, hands and feet. My partner does characters but its hard to get him to actually
do anything except superhero's. And I kinda resent that comment that model in the last three screenshots looks good!!! :)

So Far I have 10 Hours invested in this character.

Virror

Post by Virror »

Looks good so far, but she could use some bigger eyes, will make her look alor scarier.
zester
Competition winner

Post by zester »

And we have Tentacles ;)

Virror wrote:Looks good so far, but she could use some bigger eyes, will make her look alor scarier.
I took your advise and made the eye's bigger. You won't see the difference until I texture it again. Thanks for the advice it looks better :)

Note: I am going to work on her hands, give her long fingers and I am going to put some form of claw on the end of those tentacles.

I need to reduce the poly count in the tentacles and smartly place the segments for when I add bones so that they can whip around and strike at you. But the cool thing is I figured out how to make the tentacles slither in and out of the nun's dress using key frame animation.

When you strike her body I want to have an animation that she does where she squats and drops a load of blood and maggots.
kazymjir

Post by kazymjir »

zester wrote: Pregnant Nuns!!!! (888 Poly's)

Why not 666 Poly's?
zester
Competition winner

Post by zester »

Ok sooo you strike the nun on her body, she squats and drops a load of blood and maggots.
Well as soon as the maggots hit the floor they start to grow until you have one of these monsters.

Demonic attack maggot's