TANK@WAR

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki

Which game mode you want to see next?

Capture the Flag
62%
King of the Hill
17%
Last man standing
21%

Total votes: 42

RdR
Competition winner

Re: TANK@WAR

Post by RdR »

Radikalizm wrote: I'm more of a graphics guy myself, so I'd say add a layer of polish to the graphical aspects (especially the terrain)
Add some post-processing in there, experiment with different materials, create some nice shaders, etc.

Try to really make it shine ;)
Hmm thanks for the reply, will look into that :D

Radikalizm wrote: Geen specifieke reden, gewoon te gek om te weten dat er nog nederlandstalige mensen met game development bezig zijn :D
Ja dat is waar, volgens mij zijn er hier nog wel een aantal ^^
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Hi, I was able to try it and play a little with it. I had some difficulty registering on the first server, but it finally worked on third server. The vegetation look great, but the water is not rendered at all as in your screenshot. Look like a flat gray. I downloaded the 1.1.0 version.

Adding bots is a great idea!
RdR
Competition winner

Post by RdR »

christianclavet wrote:Hi, I was able to try it and play a little with it. I had some difficulty registering on the first server, but it finally worked on third server. The vegetation look great, but the water is not rendered at all as in your screenshot. Look like a flat gray. I downloaded the 1.1.0 version.

Adding bots is a great idea!
Thanks for you comment will look into that bug.
The water quality depends on your video settings in game.
We temporary removed the nice looking water for DirectX bacause of a crash problem on map change. (But works perfectly in OpenGL)

Bots it is :D
christianclavet wrote: The vegetation look great,
I might post my vegetation loader and node here in the code snippets if anyone is interested.
Elmigo

Post by Elmigo »

good project, but not found any mentions/thanks at the official site about Niko (IrrLicht Engine), Sudi (Particle Engine) etc...
The Best is enemy of the Good!
Irrlicht 3D Engine in Russia
RdR
Competition winner

Post by RdR »

The official site is still WiP, lots of pages still need to be created or filled.
Our main priority is the game.

Any other thoughts for improvements?
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

RdR wrote:Any other thoughts for improvements?
Last time I played (which around when this thread got posted) I noticed there were no collisions with trees, or am I wrong?
If I'm right you could add simple collisions for it like a box like shape for tree trunk at least. It looks a bit odd when projectiles go trough things.
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).
RdR
Competition winner

Post by RdR »

serengeor wrote:
RdR wrote:Any other thoughts for improvements?
Last time I played (which around when this thread got posted) I noticed there were no collisions with trees, or am I wrong?
If I'm right you could add simple collisions for it like a box like shape for tree trunk at least. It looks a bit odd when projectiles go trough things.
Projectile & tank collision has improved a LOT since the first release (post).
Tanks and projectiles collide with everything in the world (except for minor vegetation like grass)

Next release will have a decal system in it (which i'm working on atm).
Better shadows and lights and some other bug fixes and features.
eejin

Post by eejin »

I tryd joining server 1 and 2 but neither work.
RdR
Competition winner

Post by RdR »

eejin wrote:I tryd joining server 1 and 2 but neither work.
What OS are you using?
Could you register?
Any errors?
eejin

Post by eejin »

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. When I have created an account and try to join a server it says loading and then goes back to main menu.
RdR
Competition winner

Post by RdR »

eejin wrote:I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. When I have created an account and try to join a server it says loading and then goes back to main menu.
Hmm can you try to login and check the auto-login box?
When nothing happens go back and reconnect.
eejin

Post by eejin »

It still doesn't work gives me the same problems.
Virror

Post by Virror »

Same problems here, also on windows 7 x64.
Also the loggin is a bit confusing i think, first at loggin screen i choose auto-loggin and press login and nothing happens, i guess its by design, but some feedback would be nice.

Great game so far even though i did not get by the loggin screen. Menus looks very professional and music is great, some Red alert remix it sounds like : D
One suggestion is to not make it restart everytime i return to main menu, always restarts at the best part : D
RdR
Competition winner

Post by RdR »

eejin wrote:It still doesn't work gives me the same problems.
Virror wrote:Same problems here, also on windows 7 x64.
Also the loggin is a bit confusing i think, first at loggin screen i choose auto-loggin and press login and nothing happens, i guess its by design, but some feedback would be nice.
Hmm gonna take a look at this weird bug first thing tomorrow. Hope to get this fixed asap!
Virror wrote: Great game so far even though i did not get by the loggin screen. Menus looks very professional and music is great, some Red alert remix it sounds like : D
One suggestion is to not make it restart everytime i return to main menu, always restarts at the best part : D
Thanks, in game its even greater :D (not the music btw)
Will add that to the TODO list!
Virror

Post by Virror »

Managed to log in now : D
No other players online, but i got to test it out for a bit : )

So, my thoughts so far:
Seems like i had to register again, no feedback last time that it failed, or that i was not registered when trying to log in. This time it worked perfect though.
Feeling is very nice, good sound and the tank "feels" very good.
Water looks like crap for me for some reason : (
Is projectiles affected by gravity? Seems like they go in a straight line only, would add to the feel if they did not.
Stone textures seems to be a bit stretched, just a minor thing though : p
Would love to test it with some players : D