Suggestions for project additions

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
brick

Suggestions for project additions

Post by brick »

For my project, I'm supposed to work with a virtual character in Irrlicht. So far, I have modelled, rigged and animated a mesh in 3ds Max and exported it to Irrlicht. I have made it possible for certain movements to be triggered by various keys during runtime (e.g. the key "L" triggers the animation for the movement of the left hand etc.). I have made character movement possible with keyboard as well. I have placed the mesh into the Quake3 environment, and added a few special effects.

I would like to work more things into my project, but I don't have any ideas for important additions regarding the character that can be done quickly. Facial expressions are so far out of the question. Does anyone have any ideas what other things I might add to the program and the character, that could be written in no more than a few days (by a beginner), yet that would leave an impression on the scene?