IrrSED - Update 12/26/04

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
DarkWhoppy

IrrSED - Update 12/26/04

Post by DarkWhoppy »

Hey Hey, I figured this would be useful. I've been working on this for almost 2 weeks now. It's a scene editor for Irrlicht, which uses Irrlicht. You just import the levels / models and save... hopefully it'll save into a .CPP file with all code written out for Irrlicht, kinda like this..

IrrSED = Irrlicht Scene Editor

Code: Select all

class CSEDLevel
{
     CSEDLevel(IrrlichtDevice* needed_device); //for scenemanager pointer and video driver
     bool LoadLevle(); //will add all scenenodes and set their positions

}
So all you have to do is send that, along with the models/other files to the coder, and he can just include the Level.H file... simple?

Right now, you can add up to 100 models and load a Q3 BSP Level using the GUI. You can move them, select whether they cast shadows, or what their render types should be.

This editor is going to be abit compilicated... the keyboard is just as much needed as the mouse ;-) I'll be writing up documentation in another week or so... but here are some screenshots... (the green arrow, is where models are created when you add them... it can also be moved around)

http://m.1asphost.com/DarkWhoppy/gui_1.JPG

http://m.1asphost.com/DarkWhoppy/model_properties.JPG

http://m.1asphost.com/DarkWhoppy/quake_indoor1.JPG
Last edited by DarkWhoppy on Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:18 pm, edited 13 times in total.
johannes

Post by johannes »

This really looks nice! I will be looking forward to try it! :D
Mr_Bloodworth

Post by Mr_Bloodworth »

I would be really interested to test this out for you also.

Maybe give you an artists view =)
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

Thanks for the comments!

I would also like to say, that since its using Irrlicht's GUI Interface, it is cross-platform. (I will compile using OpenGL)
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

If anyone has anything they'd like to see in the editor, or any suggestions please let me know. 8)
DarkWhoppy

First Video

Post by DarkWhoppy »

Here's a video... I don't think you can see much with just the screenshots, so here it is in action. The small, but already fixed bug where material types are applied to more than one model when its not suppose is shown at certain parts of this video. (i'm not using 0.7.1) But anyway... keep an eye on the "CameraMode" (at the bottom of the screen) and you can see hwo things work. When CameraMode is off I can selected objects by clicking on them.. when CameraMode is on I move the camera. ..

The documentation is being worked on now... like RIGHT NOW... so maybe by the end of the month there will be a demo or something...

RIGHT CLICK "SAVE TARGET AS"
IrrSED Video1 Download <--- Click That, (some people are slow...:P)

I suggest watching at video size of 200%
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

amazing work!

you're right, the screenshots don't do justice of the potential of your app!!!

keep it up!!! hope to see a release soon.

cheers!
DarkWhoppy

Docs

Post by DarkWhoppy »

I've uploaded the docs to a free webhost. Have a look and tell me if you think someone would be able to learn anything about the editor from it... :P

http://m.1asphost.com/DarkWhoppy/IrrSED_Docs/
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

Looks good.

When I first read the title, I was thinking it was some sort of sed functionality specific for Irrlicht. http://www.cornerstonemag.com/sed/
Crud, how do I do this again?
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

I've never known of any other "SED" lol
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

I did alittle work on it last night before I went to bed. But I just updated my signature so you won't have to search for the links...
Programmer of the Irrlicht Scene Editor:
Homepage - Forum Thread
Version 2 on its way!!
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

I've run into a slight... problem. I was working on the save functions and for some odd reason, when a pointer is VALID, nothing wants to write to the save file. But if all pointers are INVALID everything saves fine. . . me and another coder (thats about to graduate from some software engineering course) can't figure this one out.... I've ran it into debug mode a hundred times. The debugger has found nothing... so, i'm going to try finding another method. :(
Homepage - Forum Thread
Version 2 on its way!!
AlexL

Post by AlexL »

I just got done with the video and it's looking great Whoppy :D Send me a PM so we can catch up on old times :P
MaDpRoGrAmMeR

Post by MaDpRoGrAmMeR »

ok ok this stuuf looks cool but what about source (je pense c'est trés bien si tu upload de source) are you going to upload the source
..:::radiation interactive:::..
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

No, I don't think i'm going to make it open source. Sorry.
Homepage - Forum Thread
Version 2 on its way!!