Problem with GUI and Q3 Map

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Plastic

Problem with GUI and Q3 Map

Post by Plastic »

Hi,
I've got some problems with the GUI after loading a Quake 3 map.
I've written a server that sends, after a client connected, some status messages to the just connected client. To display this messages I've added a IGUIWindow and just add the server messages as static text. At this point everything is displayed correct.
Since yesterday the server is able to send the client a message which map to load (Q3 map). The client does, after receiving the servermessage, load the requested map and displays it. And here comes the problem: ;)
when the map is drawn the status window with the text messages is invisible. I don't have any clue why this happens. I've read a lot in the docs and played around with different settings in the engine, but didn't find the reason why the status window vanishes.
Basically the draw rountine looks like this:

Code: Select all

m_VideoDriver->beginScene(true, true, SColor(a, r, g, b));
m_SceneManager->drawAll();
m_GUIEnviroment->drawAll();	
I'm totally stuck here ;)
Thx, for your help.
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Hm, maybe it is a bug with the renderstate settings, did you try if it works with the other driver? (OGL <-> D3D)
Plastic

Post by Plastic »

niko wrote:Hm, maybe it is a bug with the renderstate settings, did you try if it works with the other driver? (OGL <-> D3D)
No, I diddn't. But it's a good idea. (Currently I'm using OGL)
I'll try it as soon I'll arrive at home and post the result here :)

BTW: Irrlicht is really a great engine niko. Keep up the good work!
Plastic

Post by Plastic »

Ok,
I've just switched the render API to DirectX and now everything works fine.
Thanks a lot niko :)