Hey... help here please

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

Flich, seriously, you've given no direct examples of what your problem other than what looks like a problem tieing the include, library and dll together with your C++.

Check to make sure you aren't using the correct versions of each for your OS and C++.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to read this as it would make it 100 times easier for us to help you:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Crud, how do I do this again?
Sfin

Post by Sfin »

Line 3: VIEventReciever@1@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library Irrlicht.dll

It says that VIEventReciever could not be found, so I think that when you created your Event Reciever you might have typed in the class that it inherits from as:

VIEventReciever

instead of

IEventReciever

Also if you can post the code that you are using that wold be very helpful.
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

Irrlicht does rock.... and will probably (sooner or later) become THE BEST ENGINE EVER!! :twisted:
Flich

Post by Flich »

people misread me -_- i never said the graphical engine sucked i said the graphical coding sucked... thats opengl/directx... its poorly used for animation... i have a graphics card and its doing a frame by frame animation... which sucks... so the tech demo is all fuxors... plus it gives more errors that way... the transparent color doesnt work... so thats what I have to say...

Flich
t

Post by t »

What graphics card are you using?
What version of directx do you have installed?
Are you using the latest drivers for your graphics card?
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

Alright, it's quite obvious that flich is having issues that he can only make general comments about and is unable to express exactly what the error is.

This thread is one match away from a "x-y-z sucks" flame-war, and I've already had to remove one post.

Flich, you have been asked by numerous helpful and competent developers for specifics about your problem as well as suggestions in an attempt to help figure out your problem. Once again, I suggest you re-read this page: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Unhappily, if you are unable to clarify your problem, I will lock this thread as to preserve the quality of this board and cut off the degeneration towards towards the "this sucks"-fest that it is becoming.

Now:
Transparency works for me.
Open GL and DirectX both perform extremely well for me. (Though there are some known inconsistencies that Niko is working on.)
Animators and mesh animation works for me.
My own per-frame custom animations work smoothly.
The techdemo works exactly as it should on my machine.
I don't get any library errors when compiling.

The question is "Why do you?"

Re-read all the posts, answer the questions asked, think about the suggestions and maybe your answer will be found.
Flich

Post by Flich »

here is all the questions:

What OS?
Windows XP

What programming language?
C using Visual C++ compiler
What graphics card are you using?
Nvidia GeForce 2

What version of directx do you have installed?
DirectX 9.0
Using OpenGL though

Are you using the latest drivers for your graphics card?
I dont know. Will upgrade soon.

I fixed my major errors though. The only problem that exists now is that the fact animation runs rather sloopy now. It doesnt do the transparent color and it goes about 1 frame per 3 seconds ((I dont know exactly)).
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

No wonder you think the animations are sloppy if your only getting 0.3333~ FPS. Though even on an AMD 1 GHz with a GF2 you should be getting way more than that even in the techdemo.

It sounds like something else other than the Irrlicht engine is bottlenecking your system.
Flich

Post by Flich »

hm. Whats wierd is my computer is built tough to handle graphics and speed. Its my gaming computer and development computer because of that. AMD 2200+ Processor. 512 MB Ram.

I have updated my graphics card also. Animation still runs slow. DirectX sucks on this computer for some reason and I tried that and got a slow thing going on. I dont get it.

Well I will just keep trying...
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

make sure you download the Detonator drivers for your nVidia card off of www.nvidia.com those are the best drivers for geforce cards. I like the 44.03's best myself but now they have the new 52.16 drivers. And be sure to uninstall your old video driver and reboot b4 installing the Detonators.
Flich

Post by Flich »

I got that. I got the most recent version and followed the instructions. Which for me it uninstalled it. Restarted the Computer and continued the installation.

Though I cant figure out how it is possible when the examples do that and the stuff in Visual Studios doesnt. All well I guess I will figure that out later.

-Flich