Cheap Programmer For Hire (me)

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
devsh
Competition winner

Cheap Programmer For Hire (me)

Post by devsh »

Hi all,

I was planning to write this announcement AGES ago. However I was kept busy by the work Mr. Burfoot has bestowed upon me, which has proven to be quite profitable. He seems to be very pleased with my services as evidenced in the 3 testimonies/references he has written (if you wish to verify them please inbox him on the forum). My most important achievement is an open-source (FFMPEG) based BinkVideo player which alleviates the need for the expensive BinkVideo player lib(my player also turned out to be 53% faster), my work has saved Mr. Burfoot's company a lot of money (in regions of 5 figure sums).

I have done some really stretching threading and parallel computing work.

NOTE: I DO NOT LIMIT MYSELF TO PURELY IRRLICHT (I had to fix the bink in pure OpenGL).

So what can I do? (the list is slightly incomplete)
http://indirectlightandmagic.tumblr.com/qualifications

The renderings which I have produced with my code:
http://indirectlightandmagic.tumblr.com ... reenshots/

September's "Screenshot of the Month" winner "OpenGL 4.0 Tessellation" (by me)

And the best looking screenie (although not the most sophisticated):

And some code to backup what I've shown (even if you don't end up hiring me you may find my grass generator quite a treat):
http://indirectlightandmagic.tumblr.com ... adsandcode

So what are the practical applications for you?

I am MOSTLY HERE TO FIX YOUR BUGS, people want to program everything themselves (which is fun). But chasing a bug for 3 weeks (as Mr. Burfoot was) is definitely not fun nor does finding a badly handled integer division enhance your learning. Some people want to program in a specific area like physics and not bother with graphics (particularly avoid shaders).

I can modify the OpenGL internals for you, as not many want to touch it.

Most notably I can fix/tweak your more advanced shaders like SSAO/GI and introduce serious parallelization with SDL or pthreads Multi-threading. Your apps could also benefit from SSE2 and 3.
A lot of you may be screaming at XEffects and the need for optimization, or struggling to tweak inferred and deferred pipelines.
ARE YOUR BILLBOARDS SLOW??? ARE YOUR CLOUDS OR PARTICLE EFFECTS SLOWING YOUR GAME DOWN??? I can improve your FPS DRAMATICALLY by moving billboard orientation, particle displacement and fading from CPU (as irrlicht does and why it's so slow) to the GPU. Heck with dx10 class hardware I can even handle the Billboard creation.
Do you want decent parallax occlusion mapping in a shader that doesn't bring your performance down to 5fps?
Or maybe you want hardware skinning???
Or you simply do not wish to dabble in GLSL.
Or maybe you don't want to get your hands dirty with Variance+Light Space Perspective+Parallel Split Shadow Maps to achieve the crisp soft shadows across massive terrain (the split positions/depths are a major issue here). Or are you not aware that during the HDR ping-pong pass you can also downsample the depth buffer to further enhance your shadows in a deferred pipeline?

The pricing?

I intend to make myself affordable, therefore I have two ways of charging.

Small Projects and bugfixing: $12 per 100 lines of C or C++ and $4.5 for 100 lines of GLSL
Big Projects like an entire rendering pipeline or a shadow system, are negotiable and are paid for the project. Regardless of lines of code(that's because you'd go bankrupt ;) ).

So contact me now if you want hard programming tasks done cheaply.
Innesoft

Re: Cheap Programmer For Hire (me)

Post by Innesoft »

Can you write HLSL? If so, PM me.
deepMesh v1.2 - Irrlicht powered 3D Modeler, Animator, UVMapper, Lightmapper
The Software Marketplace - Latest software deals on Games, Applications and Developer Tools
Justei

Post by Justei »

I hired devsh to help me and to code me video playback for Irrlicht and here is my review:

AMAZING!
Simply put, the end product exceeded my expectations by far. The quality of the code, simplicity of use, and help with setup were all done in a very professional manner and within a very reasonable timeline, with a VERY reasonable price.

I HIGHLY recommend hiring devsh for any problem you might have, you will not be let down I assure you.

The product i originally requested was a way to have video playback in my game with reasonable quality (didn't have to be HD) but I can currently play HD videos flawlessly and it works like a charm.

5 stars!
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

Now with one job completed... I am looking for more
netpipe

Post by netpipe »

if you like working on engines i'll take ya
Live long and phosphor!
-- https://github.com/netpipe/Luna Game Engine Status 95%
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

what things do you want done in your engine?
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

having completed the video player for Justei... I am looking for opportunities to make money

anyone?
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

devsh wrote:I am looking for opportunities to make money
You immediately get to the point, don't you? :D
hendu

Post by hendu »

Maybe take a look at the freelancing sites? Looks like iProduct and Android projects are aplenty, you could use your GLES skillz there.
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Radikalizm wrote:
I'm sorry, would you like a cup of coffee?
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

ent1ty wrote:
Radikalizm wrote:
I'm sorry, would you like a cup of coffee?
That would be lovely, thank you :D
What I'm getting at is that it comes off as kind of rude when he explicitly states that it's pretty much all about the money. People generally know this even if this wouldn't be stated, but it's always nice if you mention that you want to help people out or something like that.
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Well, if you came to me saying that, I would get sick from the very sight of you.
Why? Because you're trying to make tons of cash while smiling at me and saying that you want to help me... help me help you

The point is, you come to me saying you want to help me. But I know you want to help yourself, you don't care if I'm happy or not as long as you are.
Now, this is all right, this is business, the problem is, you're acting as if it weren't true. And I don't like people who're not sincere with me when money is involved... no one does.
irrRenderer 1.0

mongoose7

Post by mongoose7 »

Gosh there's no fun here anymore. Everyone is so grumpy.
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

ent1ty wrote:Well, if you came to me saying that, I would get sick from the very sight of you.
Why? Because you're trying to make tons of cash while smiling at me and saying that you want to help me... help me help you

The point is, you come to me saying you want to help me. But I know you want to help yourself, you don't care if I'm happy or not as long as you are.
Now, this is all right, this is business, the problem is, you're acting as if it weren't true. And I don't like people who're not sincere with me when money is involved... no one does.
Wow, I didn't mean he should start to suck up to people, not at all
Of course everybody knows that most people who offer a service do it for money, I'm just saying that a lot of people wouldn't be so straightforward about it, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with him clearly stating that he wants to earn some money by offering his services to others, and I'm glad he's getting a job or two (what better way to get experience?)
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

mongoose7 wrote:Gosh there's no fun here anymore. Everyone is so grumpy.
I know, right

On an unrelated subject, why exactly is stating my opinion rude? One might argue that telling someone they're grumpy, just because the way he or she sees things is slightly different, is, in fact, grumpy.

Anyway, I suppose what I'm trying to say is, why don't you just say what you mean(and mean what you say) and save us both lots of time?

Though I admit I probably should have added a few smiley's to my previous post. The effect they have on the overall mood of the message is remarkable, but sometimes I just feel like no one's gonna take what I post seriously if I spam the post with 'em.
irrRenderer 1.0