Perplexing PC Problem

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
ACE247

Perplexing PC Problem

Post by ACE247 »

Ok so, I've got this one Pc and its behaving absolutely ODD!
Specs FIrst:
G41M-P28 Mainboard
Intel Quad Core Q8200 @2.33 GHz
4Gb DD3 1333MHz Patriot RAM running at 1066MHz
MSI NVidia GeForce GTS250 512MB DDR3 OC-Edition
Coolermaster GX-650Watt PSU 51Ampere
2Sata Discs

Now the problem:
Everything works absolutely 100%! I tested it all it can play the latest games on full Load no probs, even 36Hours of GPU, CPU and RAM stress testing yielded nothing, stable as a rock!
EXCEPT: Turn it of, and it wont start (not even post/make a beep) the next day. Yet If you turn it on again less than 2 Hours after turning it off it works.
Now the solution to get it working if it doesn't start is to turn it off at the socket, wait 5Minutes(less OR more doesn't cut it) then hold in the Power Button and turn it on at the socket. That somehow makes it boot without a problem.
Or if that failed, to work, you need to remove the RAM Module and unplug the PSU cables from the mainboard, then replug em anytime and it works almost gauranted.

Now why the Hell does it do this!?? The PSU is fine I tried 5 other ones! The GPU is fine I tried 2 other ones. Then its just the RAM and the Mainboard and the CPU left. Yet I tested those under some seriously varied loads and they perform fine. What would cause such a problem at POST up? I've even flashed different BIOS versions yet no success, wether new or older version. Obviously I would just replace the thing, but I just want to have some Idea why it behaves this weird. I've had alot of Computers break before but not like this!

Have any Hardware Guru's heard of ths problem before? Because were I live, no-one has!
Granyte

Re: Perplexing PC Problem

Post by Granyte »

have you tryed with some other ram stick? i have seen some preatty odd behaviour with my first set of 2x4gb of ram (the said ram stick would pass the intel burn test without a single issue)
Last edited by Granyte on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hendu

Re: Perplexing PC Problem

Post by hendu »

Mobo and/or psu. Since you tested different power supplies, it should be the board.

This is a typical symptom of bloated capacitors, usually in older mobos with bad-quality caps.