Irrlicht Math headers for custom project

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
IDLEVEL

Irrlicht Math headers for custom project

Post by IDLEVEL »

I want to create 2d game for android, and i need math library like irrlicht have.
Can i use only math headers (IrrTypes.h, vector, matrix, dimension, ...) for commercial project?
If yes, what i must do with licence text in irrlicht.h?

I dont need full irrlicht engine, because i need only simple 2d graphics with good perfomance.

Sorry for bad english.
Thanks for answers.
shadowslair

Re: Irrlicht Math headers for custom project

Post by shadowslair »

You simply keep the license notes in the sources untouched, you may add the irrlicht license.txt in your Licenses folder (if you don`t have, you`ll create one eventually) and mentioning somewhere Irrlicht in your credits/and/or public documentation would be nice. I believe this is enough to keep you on the "Light Side". :wink:
"Although we walk on the ground and step in the mud... our dreams and endeavors reach the immense skies..."
hybrid
Admin

Re: Irrlicht Math headers for custom project

Post by hybrid »

Yeah, if you want to avoid the additional txt file you could even copy all that stuff from the license file into the header. Might slow down compilation,though. Mentioning Irrlicht elsewhere would be very nice, though :-D