some screenshots

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
some_person

some screenshots

Post by some_person »

hey everyone,

i just wanted to post a link to a couple screenshots from the little fps deathmatch i've made using irrlicht. i really want to post a download, but unfortunately, i'm using a model from quake 2 for testing - so until i find some good models, i can't send it out. :(

anyway, here they are:

http://www.geocities.com/scotto0o/
elvencode

Post by elvencode »

nice, it works with networking or versus the AI? you'd try to add new maps, new features (special objects to get that modify for example gravity,etc)
in the second screenshot, how did you write the message up to the killed player? is a billboard or you project the "top" cordinates in 2D?
void_main

Post by void_main »

thanks for the reply!

i am in the process of adding more stuff to the game, in particular a console where you can load maps, as well as some new weapons (i'm working on one that is affected by gravity, it arches as it flies). for the updates in the top corner, i'm just outputting formatted strings using font->draw(). when someone dies, a random death message is picked and displayed (like unreal) - and right now you can only play versus an ai bot.

thanks again.
I was going to use "AccessViolation" as my nick, but I almost had a nervous breakdown just typing it.
elvencode

Post by elvencode »

oh good :)
however i mean NOT the text on the top left corner but the red one in the center, over the opponent model.
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Do you plan to make your game available for download some day? would be cool :)
void_main

Post by void_main »

Yes, I definitely will release the game when I can! And for the red text, it's simply an update centered on the screen (it doesn't show up over the model everytime, I think that may be pretty hard to see sometimes).

:)
I was going to use "AccessViolation" as my nick, but I almost had a nervous breakdown just typing it.