createCollisionResponseAnimator Help!

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Distorion

createCollisionResponseAnimator Help!

Post by Distorion »

Hey,
Iam currently trying to get Collision working for a Mesh using createCollisionResponseAnimator, Iam having a problem with the Mesh collideing with Other mesh's that are Vertical(Walls etc...) It works fine for flat areas but when it comes to anything vertical there is no Collision at all. The Dimesions of the Mesh are" 32x ,32y, 74z" i have my createCollisionResponseAnimator set up like:

Code: Select all

ISceneNodeAnimator* PlayerCollisionAnim = C_App::game_Instance()->smgr->createCollisionResponseAnimator(
            Map_Test.MetaSelector, Player.temp_entity, core::vector3df(32, 32 ,74),
                        core::vector3df(0,-10,0), core::vector3df(0,37,0));

The Origin on the mesh is at 0,0,0. So i Offset the elipse by 37(Half the Height of the Mesh).

Any help would be Greatly Apreciated. Thank you for your time!
CuteAlien
Admin

Re: createCollisionResponseAnimator Help!

Post by CuteAlien »

Sorry, I don't think someone can help with that information. As the examples show collision also works with walls usually, so maybe something with the map?
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
Distorion

Post by Distorion »

All good, I got it to work just took alot of Tweaking. Thank you for the reply CuteAlien!
byllgrim

Post by byllgrim »

If I set the ellipsoidRadius y-axis to more than 35, my character gets stuck. I need to set the value higher so the feet is above the ground.