level editor suggestions

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
corban

level editor suggestions

Post by corban »

hi there,

that's my first post, so: hi :D .
i just read the threads related to external level editors and somehow i could not find the best open source 3d tool there: blender (apologize the advertising sound of this, i'm working on/with it for years :wink: ). blender exports to dxf and vrml and it should be easy to convert these to a format irrlicht knows.

corban

ps:some personl things: i'm a c++ coder and interested in doing 3d things (mostly openGL so far) and i started using irrlicht for a simple reason: it is really usable. most other engines (eg crystalspace) are that complicated that coding openGL directly and adding some ODE stuff takes the same effort as using the engine. but i want to focus game CONTENT creation like cool models and stories and it seems i've found what i was looking for.
elvencode

Post by elvencode »

welcome aboad :D i want always to know how to use Blender but never took the time to test seriously. i'm using a lot of programs depending on imports and exports, some features i need,etc. however i hope that fast Irrlicht will support more and more formats so many people will use it for games.