some effects

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
etreum79

some effects

Post by etreum79 »

Hi I was wondering if irricht has support for sun rays and soft particles, if so I would like some indication of how to implement it.

Regards
Mel
Competition winner

Re: some effects

Post by Mel »

Use shaders. I did an implementation for godrays, but it is on RenderMonkey, not in Irrlicht.

http://omegasection.g0dsoft.com/2012/03 ... dermonkey/

But the pass to Irrlicht is inmediate. Just keep in mind that i render the depth of the pixel to the alpha channel of the image instead of a rendertarget, but if you are going to implement soft particles, i recomend you to create a multirendertarget setup where you render your regular scene to one target, and the pixel depth to another.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
etreum79

Post by etreum79 »

ummm, I understood that the god ray shader simply implement in question, no more problems, but half understood the truth, the issue of soft particle half and I'm still a bit lost with some advanced commands irrlicht, and that's me multirender sounds to advanced ...

An example of that can learn something about it would be great ....

Greetings mel.

EDIT: I understand that this website is yours including personal profile?
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Yep, it is.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
etreum79

Post by etreum79 »

Mel sent you a private but not answered me, I wondered if irrlicht supports RenderMonkey RFX format directly.

greetings.
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

No, i saw it on my mobile, and forgot to answer ^^U

No, Irrlicht doesn't support RFX shaders, only HLSL, GLSL or CG
etreum79

Post by etreum79 »

ok, I'll have to find a shader compatible, since I find myself unable to rewrite your shader, even many good things ahead of work, I will investigate later.
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

No, there is no need. in the RFX files there are the necesary HLSL code. You just need to copy it into HLSL files
etreum79

Post by etreum79 »

ah ok, then fine, thanks for the info.