antialiasing doesn't work with opengl on Windows 7

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
fbig

antialiasing doesn't work with opengl on Windows 7

Post by fbig »

Hi,

I'm on Irrlicht V1.8 with Visual Studio 2010 Express.
When i tried to use anti aliasing with opengl on Windows 7, it didn't work on ATI Radeon 7770 but it work on GeForce GTX 560.
After comparison with a NeheGL antialiasing sample which work very well on ATI , i have found the problem:

In file COpenGLDriver.cpp if you remove line 313: WGL_FRAMEBUFFER_SRGB_CAPABLE_ARB, Params.HandleSRGB ? 1:0,
and line 322 to 328 (all about framebuffer_srgb_supported which isn't use?)

suddently wglChoosePixelFormat_ARB return numFormats>0 and a valid PixelFormat for anti aliasing... it's work but I don't know why.

but It's can be helpful ... :D
hybrid
Admin

Re: antialiasing doesn't work with opengl on Windows 7

Post by hybrid »

That's indeed interesting, and might be a good idea to remove all those special values, which are not required in a certain setting, instead of just setting to 0. Thanks for the hint.
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Well, i can say that the antialias works well with Windows 7 and OpenGL for me, though i have a NVidia 425M chip
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Hmm, we actually remove the sRGB defines if this extension is not supported. Can you check whether your card supports sRGB extension?