Compiling Irrlicht on Raspberry PI

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Mitchell M

Compiling Irrlicht on Raspberry PI

Post by Mitchell M »

Hello I've been using Irrlicht for a pretty long time and I really like the engine and I wanted to try to do some Irrlicht programming on the Raspberry Pi. I'm sorry if this has been posted somewhere before but I have been searching the Raspberry Pi forums, the Irrlicht forums, and just using duckduckgoing for a long time and I haven't run accross anything that shows how to compile Irrlicht on the Raspberry Pi. After I download the ogl-es branch source to my Raspberry Pi I go to the /ogl-es/source/Irrlicht and use make. I get some errors about alaising but since that is a warning I tried using make -i and that causes it to go a lot further but then it stops at an error where it tries to copy libIrrlicht.a to ../../bin/linux and then tries to access it but it says the directory is invalid (at least I am pretty sure that was the problem I don't remember exactly what it was and it takes a long time to get to that point.) I know it has been compiled to the Pi in the past by people with a lot more knoledge about this sort of stuff I just can't figure out how they did it. I really appriciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Mitchell
jdea

Re: Compiling Irrlicht on Raspberry PI

Post by jdea »

Which operating system are you using on your Pi? I have Raspbian on mine, and Irrlicht is in its software repositories. I haven't tried compiling Irrlicht on my Pi.
mongoose7

Post by mongoose7 »

What errors about aliasing. There shouldn't be any aliases.
Mitchell M

Post by Mitchell M »

OK thanks I didn't realize it was in the software repositories for Raspbian which I am using.