Having some issues with ZeroRadiant

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Having some issues with ZeroRadiant

Post by Cube_ »

So, after a long-ish (2 or so years long) break from *Radiant I decided that I need a *Radiant map editor, I decide for GtkRadiant 1.6 (ZeroRadiant) and get it installed fine, I install the ioquake3 engine, so far so good.

So, I start it and I get the config dialog, I maneuver to the ioquake3 install directory ( /usr/share/gtkradiant/installs/Q3Pack/install ) and select that directory, so far it is working as expected, I accept this selection and I get a lovely error message that is longer than my screen.

"Short read or short write while copying /usr/share/gtkradiant/installs/Q3Pack/install/missionpack/models/mapobjects/spawn_r.md3 to /usr/share/gtkradiant/installs/Q3Pack/install/missionpack/models/mapobjects/spawn/spawn_r.md3

errno: Resource temporarily unavailable
An unrecoverable error has occured.
Would you like to edit Preferences before exiting Radiant?

[yes] [no]"

Console output:

Code: Select all

[zeroth@WCE-DEV gtkradiant-gamepack-ja]$ radiant
/usr/share/gtkradiant/games/q3.game:1: parser error : Document is empty

^
/usr/share/gtkradiant/games/q3.game:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found

^
/usr/share/gtkradiant/games/ja.game:1: parser error : Document is empty

^
/usr/share/gtkradiant/games/ja.game:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found

^

This occurs with every other gamepack too (tried a bunch, including jedi academy), the only difference being the file
The error is lying btw, it isn't trying to copy the file to the same location it reads from, it actually tries to copy it to
/usr/share/gtkradiant/installs/Q3Pack/games/missionpack/models/mapobjects/spawn/spawn_r.md3

I know it isn't a permission issue, the folder and file permissions are 777 and it occurs when invoked as root as well, I am at loss and I hope someone knows the answer.
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"