Bump mapping for Animated meshes

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
robmar

Re: Bump mapping for Animated meshes

Post by robmar »

Yes, trying to avoid multiple passes so it runs fast enough, with shadows too.

Will post a video when its complete.

Looking at DX11, there are some useful extensions for Unified Memory, which would avoid those GPU-CPU memory transfers which hit frame rate so much.

Hopefully, Grantye's DX11 driver will start working once I can get it to compile! ;)
The_Glitch
Competition winner

Post by The_Glitch »

Been working on my RNM Shaders with HDR. I haven't worked out specular as most implementations of Directional Lightmaps use cubemaps which irrlicht doesn't support.

Normal mapping off.
Normal mapping on
Normal mapping off.
Normal mapping on
Normal mapping off.
Normal mapping on
Normal mapping off.
Normal mapping on
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Use skydomes instead. It is simple to achieve the same effect of a cubemap using a skydome, same advantages, very little inconvenients (if not none). and just a tiny aditional computation in the shaders, that otherwise would go into sampling a cubemap anyway. Maybe the largest issue would be creating the skydome, but even that isn't very complex, if you put a bit of effort into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggtR1FZ_UgY This is a example i did myself on RenderMonkey, the point is that Irrlicht (as of today) won't load the HDR maps that i use as the reflection maps, but those maps are stored as skydomes, instead of cubemaps, so you just have to translate the vectors into a 2D map.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
The_Glitch
Competition winner

Post by The_Glitch »

Pretty cool Mel mind sharing your shader or the parts that handle reflections as my lightmap solution really needs specular.
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

The_Glitch wrote:I haven't worked out specular as most implementations of Directional Lightmaps use cubemaps which irrlicht doesn't support.
I'll add cubemaps support for Irrlicht D3D9 soon (in trunk), for OGL + OGL ES1 and OGL ES2 it's already available.
Library helping with network requests, tasks management, logger etc in desktop and mobile apps: https://github.com/GrupaPracuj/hermes
The_Glitch
Competition winner

Post by The_Glitch »

No kidding Nadro cool. No more crap work abounds yes
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

I want to do a demo, i am creating a cubemap to skydome routine so i can grab a cubemap (its 6 images) and project them it into a single texture.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
Vectrotek
Competition winner

Post by Vectrotek »

Could anyone give me a pointer on where I would look for stuff on "Custom Vertex Descriptors"?
I want to feed my Shader "TWO UV Sets" as well as "Tangent and Binormal".. (with surface textures etc)
(the second set of UV's would come from another identical object with different UVs for i.e. Lightmapping )
Also, could anyone tell me how to have custom semantics like The_Glitch's "BLENDWEIGHT" and "BLENDINDICES"..
I'm running into all sorts of hassles because I'm still a bit new with Irrlicht when it comes to these things..
Another thing is that my Example 10 (HW skinning) works for HLSL, but GLSL produces a blank screen.. Why?
Vectrotek
Competition winner

Post by Vectrotek »

Very cool YouTube animation Mel! Reflection look nice and seamless!
The_Glitch
Competition winner

Post by The_Glitch »

Check the trunk shader pipeline that's what I use. There should be an example called hardware skinning that has what you need for a custom vertex to start. Let me know if you get hardware skinning working with a float4x3 transform for bones as I haven't been able to.
Vectrotek
Competition winner

Post by Vectrotek »

Thanks "The_Glitch"! I'll look at it!
I'm slowly beginning to understand this "Pipeline" thing.
I'd really like to spend more time on Irrlicht despite a massive workload on other stuff!
I've got a lot to learn! Cheers! (love your level shots!)
Vectrotek
Competition winner

Post by Vectrotek »

@ robmar.. Can't wait for the video!
Vectrotek
Competition winner

Post by Vectrotek »

Hi! The Glitch requested a smaller and more pertinent version of my shader application..
Here is a project that handles both GLSL and HLSL to do some cool things..

First some screen shots..

Vectrotek
Competition winner

Post by Vectrotek »

Here is the first half of the App Code:

Code: Select all

// Written by Jacques Andre Pretorius "Vectrotek" in the Republic of South Africa in 2016..
 // E-MAIL: pretoriusjacq@gmail.com 
 // Station: Irrlicht 1.8.3 (standard); Visual C++ 7.10 (release) ; Windows XP ; DX9.c ; Nvidia 9600 GT

// This program uses either GLSL or HLSL to render two objects, one Skinned and one Non - Skinned..
 // It illustrates how Irrlicht sends information to both GLSL and HLSL shaders and yes, there are differences..
 // The information sent to the shaders ranges from Images for Texturing, values like the Camera Position
 // and Arrays of Light Ppositions and Colours that start off as Irrlicht Lights, but not rendered by Irrlicht..

// Before playing with Normal Maps it is important to understand lighting matters completely..
 // Without "Physicaly Based Lighting" and well constructed "Geometric Normals" Normal maps are quite useless..
 // This program tries to show the simplest way to achieve "Correctly Lit Surfaces" using Normal Maps..
 // One important thing that this program does is to "Cyclically Update Tangents and Binormals" for
 // "Skin" or "Bone" animated models such as characters..(this would be cool in the engine itself)
 // Another Important thing to know is that Tangent etc Updating is NOT necessary for objects that
 // that are NOT animated by Skinned (Weighted) Bones. They still need Tangents and Binormals however..
 // Also objects, (Non-Skinned) that are rotated, scaled and translated by Irrlicht itself do not need to undergo this "Per Frame Tangent Updating"..
 // The matrices handles that..

// Finally, examples of NON-Skin-Animated objects are "*.obj" (Object) from Alias or, among others "*.lwo" (Lightwave Object).
 // Examples of Skinned-Animated Objects are "*.x", "*.md2", "*.dae" (issues) and "*.b3d" using either "Skinned" (Bones) or "Morph" based animation..
 // These are usually Characters..

// This program is written to work with the "Irrlicht 1.8.3 Standard" DLL (1.8.2 & 1.8.1 should also work)
 // (the included Irrlicht 1.83 is not recompiled under any pipeline or trunk development)..

#include <irrlicht.h>
 #include <iostream>   // used by "cin" etc..
 //--------------------------------- ---- --- -- - 
 using namespace irr;
 #ifdef _MSC_VER
 #pragma comment(lib, "Irrlicht.lib")
 #endif

// This disables the console, but we need it to choose between GLSL and HLSL..
 // #pragma comment(linker, "/SUBSYSTEM:windows /ENTRY:mainCRTStartup")  // This disables the console..

// #define _WIN32_WINDOWS 0x0410   // Should you like to use the mouse wheel..

using namespace irr;
 using namespace core;
 using namespace scene;
 using namespace video;
 using namespace gui;
 // Definitions of Image IDs used by the Shaders..
 #define DIFFUSE_LAYER    0   // Diffuse and Clipmap (32 bit).
 #define NORMALS_LAYER    1   // Normals.. “Y-UP” standard Nomral Map..
 #define SPECULAR_LAYER   2   // Specular Image.. Specular is treated as an 8 bit grey scale value..
 #define GLOSS_LAYER      3   // Gloss Map.. PLAECF is used to convert grey scale values into Gloss (Hotspot Tightness)..

// Images like "Emission" was given up because "Standard Irrlicht" still doesn't support more than 8 images for shaders..
 // It is however possible to cleverly encode these extra layers into the 4 existing images but this example
 // deals with standard 24 and 32 Bit image formats as you'd expect (my earlier stuff used these resulting in overly complex code)..
 // (with encoding many more layers can be squeezed into standard 32 bit images as a work around for the MAX FOUR shader image isue)..

// #define IMAGEX005                4   // From here on you need an engine recompile
 // #define IMAGEX006                5   //  unless the devs have EIGHT possible images in the next standard release..
 // #define IMAGEX007                6
 // #define IMAGEX008                7

// * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
 // * *  THESE ARE IDENTICAL IN "SHADER CODE" (GLSL & HLSL) AND "APP CODE" to simplify coded communication between the twO  * * * * * 
 // INTEGER ARRAY to the "FRAGMENT SHADER" (GLSL or HLSL) Index reservations..
 // Note that the Fragment Shader ALSO uses these "Identically Named" defines..
 // Thus you can copy this directly to the shader when you make changes..
 #define MAX_LIGHT_COUNT          4    // This is used in the shader when it declares arrays of Light Related Values..
                                       // It can NEVER be LESS THAN the "ActiveLightCount" variable sent to the shader in the INTEGER ARRAY..
                                       // Understand that this DEFINE determines the SIZE OF THE LIGHT RELATED ARRAYS in the SHADER..
                                       // Also Understand that this DEFINE (in appcode) determines the NUMBER OF IRRLICHT LIGHTS in the appcode....
                                       // We need a "special bond" between "Irrlicht Lights" and "Shaded Lighting" right 
                                       // from the start because it will become important in the future..
                                       // Now, the "PassIntArray [IAI_000_ACTIVE_LIGHTCOUNT]" is the NUMBER OF LIGHTS rendered by the shader..
                                       // (this we want to control from our Appcode or Program)..
                                       // Understand that "ActiveLightCount" in the App Code, exists in the PASSED ARRAY, at the [IAI_000_ACTIVE_LIGHTCOUNT] index..
                                       // Clearly "ActiveLightCount" i.e. PassIntArray [IAI_000_ACTIVE_LIGHTCOUNT] CANNOT be MORE than MAX_LIGHT_COUNT.
                                       // Remember that MAX_LIGHT_COUNT is the number of Irrlicht Lights created in the APPCODE but in the Shader it is
                                       // the NUMBER OF LIGHTS as they exist in the Light "Position" and "Colour" etc ARRAYS..
                                       // So.. MAX_LIGHT_COUNT and ActiveLightCount is closely related..
                                       // MAX_LIGHT_COUNT is a #define and "ActiveLightCount" is an Integer Variable..  
                                       // "ActiveLightCount" should NEVER exceed MAX_LIGHT_COUNT..
                                       // MAX_LIGHT_COUNT appears in the Appcode AND the Shader and should remain the same defined value..
                                       // "ActiveLightCount" in the appcode exists in the Shader as the "IAI_000_ACTIVE_LIGHTCOUNT" index of the "PassIntArray" array..
                                       // The code between the two "// * * * * * * " lines are Identical in both Appcode and the Shader..
                                       // (keep them identical by copying and pasting between Shader and Appcode)..
                                       // You'll will get it, and when you do, you'll understand the value of sending arrays of Floats and Ints to shaders..

#define MAX_INTS_INDEX             2  // The beauty of Array Based Value Passing is that we could have quite a lot of values sent from Appcode to the Shader..
                                       // This example show how to do it for both GLSL AND HLSL..
 #define IAI_000_ACTIVE_LIGHTCOUNT  0  // The INDEX in the "PassIntArray" Array for "Active Light Count"..
 #define IAI_001_PLAECF_STATUS      1  // The INDEX in the "PassIntArray" Array for "PLAECF" used or not..

// FLOAT ARRAY to the "FRAGMENT SHADER" (GLSL or HLSL) Index reservations..
 // Note that the Fragment Shader for BOTH SHADERS ALSO uses these DEFINES..
 // Thus you can copy this directly to the shader when you make changes..
 #define MAX_FLOATS_INDEX            2 // Again, Could be more..
 #define FAI_000_GLOBAL_BRIGHTNESS   0 // The INDEX in the "PassFloatArray" Array holding the controll over GLOBAL LIGHT BRIGHTNESS..
 #define FAI_001_LERP_TO_RAW_DIFFUSE 1 // The INDEX in the "PassFloatArray" Array holding the position of a LERP TO ORIGINAL DIFFUSE..

// - End of defines that are identical to those in the GLSL & HLSL Fragment Shader (keep identical at all times)..
 // * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

// Our VARIABLES.. All placed here and not declared when needed (which has its advantages).
 // While developing we want a "general overview" of what we'll be working with..
 // Once we're ready to release our product we may want to have these declared in a "tighter" way for the compiler
 // to generate cleaner and more optimised machine code..

//--------------------- ---- --- -- - 

IrrlichtDevice*                 TheIRRNullDevice = 0; // Temporary pointer used to detect the current desktop resolution..
 IrrlichtDevice*                 TheDevice        = 0;
 ISceneManager*                  TheSceneManager;  
 core::dimension2d<u32>          TheDeskResolution;  // As you set it in windows..

// Some Matrices out of many possible combinations..
 // These matrices are what makes "Physically Based Lighting" posiible (see DOOM 2016)
 // under both GLSL and HLSL..
 // They are "numbered" because I had to try HUNDREDS of different combinations..
 // These are the three good ones..

core::matrix4                   M01World;
 core::matrix4                   M05WorldViewProjection;
 core::matrix4                   M17WorldInverseTranspose;

// These variables are used by the "Tangent Updater" to decide which meshes are Tan-Updated or not..
 u32                             SceneMeshCount;          // How many meshes are there in the scene?
 IMeshCache*                     TheSceneMeshCache;       // NOT to be assigned CYCLICALLY i.e. at every frame..
 irr::scene::IMeshBuffer*        CurrMeshBuffPtr ;        // If very big, some meshes may have TWO or more Buffers.. We assign this buffer cyclically..
 video::S3DVertexTangents*       CurrTanVertsPtr;         // Current Tangent Vertex Pointer..
 IAnimatedMesh*                  AcquiredAnimeshByIndex;  // Mesh by Index. This can change during runtime! 
 IMesh*                          AcquiredImesh;           // This could be Tan Updateable or NOT Tan Updateable..
 // - ANIMATED MODELS (DirectX or BLITZ BASIC etc) -                                   
 scene::IAnimatedMesh*           AniMesh0001_Skinned;     // Gets loaded with animated meshes like "*.b3d", "*.x" and "*.dae"..
 scene::IAnimatedMeshSceneNode*  IScANInode001_Skinned;   // The generally controllable Node is CLOSELY RELATED to the above mesh..
 // - STILL MODELS (ALIAS or DAE etc) -                                   
 scene::IAnimatedMesh*           AniMesh002_NON_Skinned;
 scene::IMesh*                   TanMesh002_NON_Skinned;  // When Tangents and Binormals are added.. (both "Skined" AND "Non Skinned" meshes must get them)..
 scene::ISceneNode*              ISceneNode002_NON_Skinned;
 video::SColor                   BckGrndCol;              // Background Colour when Sky Cube or Dome is not rendered..
 float                           CurrentAnimSpeed;
 float                           CameraFov;
 video::E_DRIVER_TYPE            SelectedDriverType;      // This example shows both GLSL and HLSL..
 s32                             IDSelectedShader = 0; 
 video::E_GPU_SHADING_LANGUAGE   ShaderLanguage;          // GLSL or HLSL determines what is done..
                                                          // A CUSTOM Recompiled Irrlicht DLL handles my GLSL fine but when
                                                          // I try HLSL it has problems.. Why? (I'd appreciate an answer)..
 bool                            TanUpdStatus;            // Do we update the Tangents & Binormals in realtime or not..
                                                          // For non skinned (boned) models we need NOT update them..
                                                          // If you look at the "Tan Updater Code" later then you'll see that it MAKES ITS OWN DECISION..
                                                          // Irrlicht handles rotated, moved and scaled (non-skinned) objects O.K.
 s32                             ActiveLightCount;        // This value limits the amount of lights rendered by the shader..
                                                          // It may NEVER be more than the "MAX_LIGHT_COUNT" #define.. 
                                                          // The reason for having this as a variable here and not as a #define is to show that we
                                                          // could easily control this value during ingame action like an explosion
                                                          // or gun mussle flashes that would emit light for a few frames only..
                                                          // Do understand why it should not exceed the value of the #define MAX_LIGHT_COUNT..
 core::vector3df                 CameraPosition;          // Apart from being used internally by the renderer this is ALSO sent to our Fragment Shaders..
                                                          // Without this we cannot correclty render Diffuse and Specular Lighting in the Shaders..
 // - L I G H T S -
 // For good practice we manage our lights under the Irrlicht system..
 // We don't use Irrlicht to render their effects because our GPU Shader is invoked..
 // However, changes made to these lights would then find their way into the shaders..
 scene::ILightSceneNode*         IRRLightARRAY [MAX_LIGHT_COUNT]; // MAX_LIGHT_COUNT is defined in the shaders too!
                                                                  // You see, the size of this array
                                                                  // is pretty constant, but we may want
                                                                  // to actually render LESS lights during
                                                                  // during ingame action..
                                                                  // We should NEVER try to render MORE than MAX_LIGHT_COUNT..
 core::vector3df  LightsPosArray    [MAX_LIGHT_COUNT];  // We can send Arrays of lights to the shaders..
 core::vector3df  LightsColArray    [MAX_LIGHT_COUNT];    
 f32              PassFloatArray    [MAX_FLOATS_INDEX]; // MAKE SURE these values are the same for their counterparts in Shader Code..
 s32              PassIntArray      [MAX_INTS_INDEX];
 bool             ImageAssignedStatus;                  // Set to true once we've sent the image refrences for the first time..
                                                        // so we dont need to send it at each frame and waste time..

void ResetShaderArrays (); // Reset all the values kept in Shader Arrays to their DEFAULTS..

class MyEventReceiver : public IEventReceiver
  {public:
   MyEventReceiver() 
    {for (u32 i = 0; i < KEY_KEY_CODES_COUNT; ++i) KeyIsDown[i] = false;
    }
   virtual bool OnEvent(const SEvent& CurrEvent) 
    {if(CurrEvent.EventType == irr::EET_KEY_INPUT_EVENT)
      {
       KeyIsDown[CurrEvent.KeyInput.Key] = CurrEvent.KeyInput.PressedDown; 
       if(!CurrEvent.KeyInput.PressedDown)
        {switch(CurrEvent.KeyInput.Key) 
          {
           /*  // Change values by key presses for fun.. This is a good place for you to start testing different values..
           case irr::KEY_KEY_1:  
           IRRLightARRAY [0]->setPosition(vector3df (CameraPosition.X , CameraPosition.Y , CameraPosition.Z) );
           break; 
           case irr::KEY_KEY_2: 
           IRRLightARRAY [1]->setPosition(vector3df (CameraPosition.X , CameraPosition.Y , CameraPosition.Z) );
           break;
           */
          }
        }
      }
     return false;
    }
   // Check whether a key is being HELD DOWN like Game Controll Switches..
   // "Clicked" keypresses (like typing) are handled differently..
   virtual bool IsKeyDown(EKEY_CODE keyCode) const {return KeyIsDown[keyCode];}
   private:
   bool KeyIsDown[KEY_KEY_CODES_COUNT];
  };

//                                                                            

// For both GLSL and HLSL..
 class OurShaderCallBackClass : public video::IShaderConstantSetCallBack
  {public:
   virtual void OnSetConstants(video::IMaterialRendererServices* TheMATRENDServices, s32 userData)
    {video::IVideoDriver* TheDriver = TheMATRENDServices->getVideoDriver();
     s32 TexAddresses [8]; // 4 is current max without a Irrlicht Engine recompile.. (8 is max with a recompile, but unlike GLSL, D3D don't like MY recompiles)
     TexAddresses [DIFFUSE_LAYER]   = DIFFUSE_LAYER; // The Index and the Values are IDENTICAL fo0r both GPU languages..
     TexAddresses [NORMALS_LAYER]   = NORMALS_LAYER;
     TexAddresses [SPECULAR_LAYER]  = SPECULAR_LAYER;
     TexAddresses [GLOSS_LAYER]     = GLOSS_LAYER;

if ( SelectedDriverType == EDT_OPENGL)
      {//                                                                                                                                              
       M01World = TheDriver->getTransform(video::ETS_WORLD); // For GLSL this is all we need!
       TheMATRENDServices->setVertexShaderConstant("M01World", M01World.pointer(), 16);

// We don't have to send images at each and every frame! But we could if we wanted to..
       if (ImageAssignedStatus == 0) // Unless ofcourse we want to change these images during ingame action.
        {TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("DiffuseMapSample",   (s32*)(&TexAddresses [DIFFUSE_LAYER]), 1);      
         // TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("DiffuseMapSample",   (s32*)(&TexAddresses [NORMALS_LAYER]), 1);   // SEE HOW THIS IS POSSIBLE UNDER GLSL but NOT HLSL....
         TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("NormalMapSample",    (s32*)(&TexAddresses [NORMALS_LAYER]), 1);  
         TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("SpecularMapSample",  (s32*)(&TexAddresses [SPECULAR_LAYER]), 1);
         TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("GlossMapSample",     (s32*)(&TexAddresses [GLOSS_LAYER]), 1);
        }
       ImageAssignedStatus = 1; // So we don't load these values again (unless explicitly want to change image like Quake II's dammage diffuses)..

// Here we have our old MAX 4 Image thing solved to a degree except that for HLSL, an engine recompilation has serious issues. (GLSL is O.K. however).
       // This is probably due to the DX API by most of the Irrlicht developers being a different version to my DX API!!
       // HOW DO WE USE "SAMPLER CUBE" ?? 
       // Jimmy's Cubemap Fix works fine for now..
       // Apparently it does work under some version of the engine..
       // We'd obviously want to send this at each frame..       
       TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("CameraPos", &CameraPosition.X, 3);    // see how we have the ".x" to indicate the first in an array..
       TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("LightsPosArray[0]", (f32*)(&LightsPosArray[0].X), (ActiveLightCount * 3));
       // see how we have the "[0].X" indicating [0],
       TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("LightsColArray[0]", (f32*)(&LightsColArray[0].X), (ActiveLightCount * 3));
       // SEE HOW the "INDEX NUMBER" in the "STRINGED NAME" IS "LightPos001[0]"! In the Shader it is declared as "LightPos001[16]"!
       // Under GLSL This solves a LOT of problems..
       // Also see how the "Count" value is "Max Array Index" * "vector3df's Float ItemCount" which is THREE..
       // This essentially allows us to use "Loops" in the shader for our "Many Lights"..
       TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("PassFloatArray[0]", (f32*)(&PassFloatArray [0]), MAX_FLOATS_INDEX); // 24 
       TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("PassIntArray[0]", (s32*)(&PassIntArray [0]), MAX_INTS_INDEX);  // was and probably is still 7..
       // ===============================
       // THE_GLITCH.. You can ignore the above!!
      }//                                                                                                                                              

if (SelectedDriverType == EDT_DIRECT3D9)
      {//                                                                                                                                                

// We handle matrices for HLSL slightly different to the way we do in GLSL..
       // This may have something to do with a small and insignificant Tangents issue under HLSL..
       M01World = TheDriver->getTransform(video::ETS_WORLD);
       M05WorldViewProjection =   TheDriver->getTransform(video::ETS_PROJECTION);
       M05WorldViewProjection *=  TheDriver->getTransform(video::ETS_VIEW);
       M05WorldViewProjection *=  TheDriver->getTransform(video::ETS_WORLD);
       M17WorldInverseTranspose = M01World.getTransposed(); // For Irrlicht this replaces the commonly used "world matrix!"
       M17WorldInverseTranspose.makeInverse();
       // You may (under "pipeline") have to use.. MyMatrix = services->getVertexShaderConstantID("my_matrix"); etc..
       // (I think Irrlicht would do well having both methods available to coders!)
       TheMATRENDServices->setVertexShaderConstant("M01World", M01World.pointer(), 16);
       TheMATRENDServices->setVertexShaderConstant("M05WorldViewProjection",   M05WorldViewProjection.pointer(), 16);
       TheMATRENDServices->setVertexShaderConstant("M17WorldInverseTranspose", M17WorldInverseTranspose.pointer(), 16);

// IMPORTANT! See how we have "LightsPosArray" in HLSL and "LightsPosArray[0]" in GLSL..
       // Also, see how both "(f32*)" and "reinterpret_cast<f32*>" works fine.. (which is faster?)..
       TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("LightsPosArray", (f32*)(&LightsPosArray[0].X), (ActiveLightCount * 3)); 
       TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("LightsColArray", (f32*)(&LightsColArray[0].X), (ActiveLightCount * 3));

// Again, have a good look at the "stringed" array-name and see how with HLSL it does NOT have the "[0]" included like in GLSL..
       TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("PassFloatArray", (f32*)(&PassFloatArray [0]), MAX_FLOATS_INDEX);
       TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("PassIntArray", (s32*)(&PassIntArray [0]), MAX_INTS_INDEX);

// Under Irrlicht HLSL, images are sent WITHOUT HUMAN INTERVENTION!!!
       // This is very cool, but it does not allow us to change the image sent to the shader on the fly like we can do in GLSL!!
       // It is useful to change the image to simulate, say, damage by changing the normal map..

// Irrlict does the following AUTOMATICALLY (probably based on your Texture Addresses) which is good but, again, deprives us of the ability to control this ourselves!
       // We want control over this like we have under GLSL..
       // It remains a mystery to me..

if (ImageAssignedStatus == 0) // Unless ofcourse we want to change these images during ingame action (which we cant do in HLSL!!!).
        {// TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("DiffuseMapSample",  (s32*)(&TexAddresses [DIFFUSE_LAYER]), 1); // Same as GLSL..
         // TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("NormalMapSample",   (s32*)(&TexAddresses [NORMALS_LAYER]), 1); 
         // TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("SpecularMapSample", (s32*)(&TexAddresses [SPECULAR_LAYER]), 1);  // OVERRIDEN!!!
         // TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("GlossMapSample",    (s32*)(&TexAddresses [GLOSS_LAYER]), 1);  // OVERRIDEN!!!
        }
       ImageAssignedStatus = 1; // So don't load these image values again (unless changeing a shader image)..

// Non-Image Related Variables sent to the shader works as expected though..
       // TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("CameraPosFRAG", reinterpret_cast<f32*>(&CameraPosition), 3);   // This could also have worked..
       TheMATRENDServices->setPixelShaderConstant("CameraPosFRAG", (f32*)(&CameraPosition), 3);

}//                                                                                                                                                

float AppShaderCommand = 0;
    }
  };
 //----------------------------------------------------------- ------ ----- ---- --- -- -

Vectrotek
Competition winner

Post by Vectrotek »

Here is the second half..

Code: Select all

int main()
  {// Determine your windows screen resolution..
   TheIRRNullDevice    = createDevice(video::EDT_NULL);    // Null Device for us to get our windows resolution..
   TheDeskResolution   = TheIRRNullDevice->getVideoModeList()->getDesktopResolution();    // As set by you in windows setup..
   TheIRRNullDevice->drop();  // We got the desktop resolution, so drop the Null Device..
   MyEventReceiver TheReceiver; // This receiver is the one assigned in the CREATE DEVICE function..
   printf("Select the DriverType:\n"\
          " (a) OpenGL \n (b) Direct3D  \n (otherKey) exit\n\n");
   char inkeypress;
   std::cin >> inkeypress;
   switch(inkeypress)
    {case 'a': SelectedDriverType = video::EDT_OPENGL;    break;
     case 'b': SelectedDriverType = video::EDT_DIRECT3D9; break;
     default: return 1;
    }
   TheDevice = createDevice(SelectedDriverType, TheDeskResolution, 32, false, false, false, &TheReceiver);
   if (TheDevice == 0) return 1;
   video::IVideoDriver* TheDriver = TheDevice->getVideoDriver();
   scene::ISceneManager* TheSceneManager = TheDevice->getSceneManager();
   video::IGPUProgrammingServices* TheGPUProgrammingServices = TheDriver->getGPUProgrammingServices();   // Whether GLSL or HLSL..
   //  - VARIABLE INITIALISATION - 
   // even coded into your shaders..
   // BckGrndCol = SColor( 255 , 207 , 211 , 192 );

BckGrndCol = SColor( 255 , 0 , 0 , 0 );
   TanUpdStatus = true;  // Turn this off to see how skinned animation could mess with tangents and thus the final normals..
                         // There is a lot that can be said about this...
   ActiveLightCount = 4; // NEVER to exceed "MAX_LIGHT_COUNT"..(try smaller values to see less lights)

CurrentAnimSpeed = 10.0;  // Animating your objects in Max or Blender etc is a big subject not covered here.. (see "Realtime Rant" posted elsewhere) ..

ResetShaderArrays ();     // Here resetting means "Set Defaults"..(see the definition further down)..
   // Add the camera controls.. "WASD" or "ARROW KEYS"..
   SKeyMap keyMap[8];
   keyMap[0].Action  = EKA_MOVE_FORWARD;  keyMap[0].KeyCode = KEY_UP;   // Arrow Keys AND "WASD"..
   keyMap[1].Action  = EKA_MOVE_FORWARD;  keyMap[1].KeyCode = KEY_KEY_W;
   keyMap[2].Action  = EKA_MOVE_BACKWARD; keyMap[2].KeyCode = KEY_DOWN;
   keyMap[3].Action  = EKA_MOVE_BACKWARD; keyMap[3].KeyCode = KEY_KEY_S;
   keyMap[4].Action  = EKA_STRAFE_LEFT;   keyMap[4].KeyCode = KEY_LEFT;
   keyMap[5].Action  = EKA_STRAFE_LEFT;   keyMap[5].KeyCode = KEY_KEY_A;
   keyMap[6].Action  = EKA_STRAFE_RIGHT;  keyMap[6].KeyCode = KEY_RIGHT;
   keyMap[7].Action  = EKA_STRAFE_RIGHT;  keyMap[7].KeyCode = KEY_KEY_D;

// Static and Realtime TEXT on screen becomes very usefull during development, so I left this here..
   IGUIEnvironment* OurGUIEnvironment = TheDevice->getGUIEnvironment();
   // These are the variables used to return "static" and "realtime" info via the GUI to the rendered screen..
   // Some values (no change) are updated once outside of the main loop and some (changing) are updated at every Nth frame..
   u16 StartGuiID =  100 ;         // 100 to make space for other possible eventualities..
   u16 RunningGuiID = StartGuiID;  // Used in text values "assigned once" and in text "changed cyclically" during the animation..
   u16 ItemYPosA =  10 ;           // The Starting Y Position of our TextBoxes..
   u16 ItemYPosB =  20 ;           // The Starting Y Extent of our Textboxes..
   u16 ItemWidth =  400 ;          // This is the Width of the Textboxes..
   u32 ItemCount =  4 ;            // Be sure not to exceed this value as used in the array definition below..
   // Note how the pointer doesnt get acessed again for the later setting of text, but rather the ID assigned to the item..
   IGUIStaticText* TGuiItemArray [ 4 ];  // Should be the same as "ItemCount" above..
   //=========================================================
   // - Create the text areas for our GUI Items - 
   // This happens ONCE and not cyclically..
   // The updating of the text can happen once, before or cyclically during animation..
   for (u16 GuiItI = 0 ; GuiItI < ItemCount ; GuiItI++)
    {TGuiItemArray [GuiItI] = OurGUIEnvironment->addStaticText(L"---",
                                                               rect<s32>(10,ItemYPosA, 600,ItemYPosB),
                                                               false,
                                                               false,
                                                               RunningGuiID,
                                                               false);
     RunningGuiID++;
     ItemYPosA += 10;   // Incrementing Textbox Coordinates..
     ItemYPosB += 10; 
    }

// Handle our "On Screen Text"..
   IGUIElement* OurStTxt;
   u16 CurrentGuiUI = StartGuiID;
   u32 StartLiveGuiUI ;
   //===========================================
   OurStTxt = TheDevice->getGUIEnvironment()->getRootGUIElement()->getElementFromId (CurrentGuiUI);
   if (OurStTxt) {stringw OurStr = L" Text placed only once (not cyclic) ";
   OurStTxt->setText(OurStr.c_str());}
   CurrentGuiUI++;
   CurrentGuiUI++;

OurStTxt = TheDevice->getGUIEnvironment()->getRootGUIElement()->getElementFromId (CurrentGuiUI);
   if (OurStTxt) {stringw OurStr = L"  ";
   OurStTxt->setText(OurStr.c_str());}
   StartLiveGuiUI = CurrentGuiUI;  // This is where we start setting the In-Animation Loop Values..
   //===========================================
   // In Blender the most managageable size for a model is 20 X 20 so we have the 
   // camera position and speed match this..
   scene::ICameraSceneNode* TheCamera 
     = TheSceneManager->addCameraSceneNodeFPS(0,
                                              keyMap,
                                              8);    
   TheCamera->setPosition(core::vector3df(0.0,0.0,50.0));
   TheCamera->setTarget(core::vector3df(0.0, 0.0, 0.0)); // This changes unseen when a FPS camera is mouse-aimed and moved around..
   CameraFov = 80.0;  // The bigger this angle is, the biggger the 3D objects "appear"..
   TheCamera->setFOV(CameraFov * 0.017453); 
   // We dont need Mipmapping for our skycube.. 
   TheDriver->setTextureCreationFlag(video::ETCF_CREATE_MIP_MAPS, false);
   /*  // Uncomment this for the "SkyBox" keeping in mind that the images "MUST" exist in our "Data/Media Directory"..
   ISceneNode* TheSKYBOXIscenenode
     = TheSceneManager
     ->addSkyBoxSceneNode(TheDriver->getTexture("Data/0000_SKY_BOXES/0003_ENV_A/Y_POSITIVE.png"),       // "TOP"
                          TheDriver->getTexture("Data/0000_SKY_BOXES/0003_ENV_A/Y_NEGATIVE.png"),       // "DOWN"
                          TheDriver->getTexture("Data/0000_SKY_BOXES/0003_ENV_A/X_NEGATIVE.png"),       // "LEFT"
                          TheDriver->getTexture("Data/0000_SKY_BOXES/0003_ENV_A/X_POSITIVE.png"),       // "RIGHT"
                          TheDriver->getTexture("Data/0000_SKY_BOXES/0003_ENV_A/Z_NEGATIVE.png"),       // "FRONT"
                          TheDriver->getTexture("Data/0000_SKY_BOXES/0003_ENV_A/Z_POSITIVE.png"));      // "BACK" 
   //*/

// Because we disabled mipmapping for skycube images we need to now re-enable them for our other images..
   TheDriver->setTextureCreationFlag(video::ETCF_CREATE_MIP_MAPS, true);
   TheDevice->getCursorControl()->setVisible(false);

// LIGHTS (we try to have "Irrlicht Lights" talk to our shaders)..
   // Initialisation (could have been a for loop)..
   IRRLightARRAY [0] = TheSceneManager->addLightSceneNode(0, vector3df( 0 , 0 , 0 ), SColorf( 1.0f , 1.0f , 1.0f ), 1.0f, 1); // We have Light 001 always at Camera Position..
   IRRLightARRAY [1] = TheSceneManager->addLightSceneNode(0, vector3df( 0 , 0 , 0 ), SColorf( 1.0f , 1.0f , 1.0f ), 1.0f, 2);
   IRRLightARRAY [2] = TheSceneManager->addLightSceneNode(0, vector3df( 0 , 0 , 0 ), SColorf( 1.0f , 1.0f , 1.0f ), 1.0f, 3);
   IRRLightARRAY [3] = TheSceneManager->addLightSceneNode(0, vector3df( 0 , 0 , 0 ), SColorf( 1.0f , 1.0f , 1.0f ), 1.0f, 4); // Do we need to "increment" the ID?
   // O.K. weve created FOUR Lights (we can do hundreds), now set their data..
   // See how some items are set at NODE LEVEL where others are set via Getting the DATA..
   // LIGHTS INITIALISATION (GETS SET IN RUNTIME TOO!!!)..
   // We also update this in realtime in the main loop..
   IRRLightARRAY [0]->setPosition(vector3df ( 0.0 ,  0.0 ,     300.0 )); // This gets overridden as we have it "hooked to the camera"..
   IRRLightARRAY [1]->setPosition(vector3df (  0.0 , -300.0 , 0.0 ) );
   IRRLightARRAY [2]->setPosition(vector3df (  -300.0 , 0.0 , 0.0 ) );
   IRRLightARRAY [3]->setPosition(vector3df (  300.0 , 0.0 , 0.0 ) );

// We will not use these lights in the same way as it is used by irrlicht.
   // We will however have these lights in their Irrlicht form i.e. "ILightSceneNode" because we'd like
   // to have our shader and Irrlicht work closely together so that any possible future developemnt
   // with shaders could be easier.. (some day, someone could even have these shaders hardcoded into the engine :) 
   // We'd also like to be able to contol these light's animation etc like we can do with other "Scenenodes"..
   // In other words our shader will read the information from these Irrlicht lights and act accoringly
   // using, for instance, methods like "getLightType()"..
   // Irrlicht could then be seamlessly used with the Shader in, for instance, a "SpotLight" (yet to be coded)..
   // For now, our shader, when it sees that this light is a "Point Light", will know what to do with it..
   // We'd have "getLightData().Position"..

// Here we do the actual "Loading" of our Shader Programs depending on which Driver Type we had selected i.e. GLSL or HLSL..
   //                                             OPEN GL                                                                   
   if (SelectedDriverType == EDT_OPENGL)
    {if (TheGPUProgrammingServices)
      {OurShaderCallBackClass* OurCallback = new OurShaderCallBackClass();
       ShaderLanguage = video::EGSL_DEFAULT; // Meaning HLSL or GLSL.. (cg is not supported but an engine recompile could bring it back)..
                                             // Though not supported anymore CG is still very usefull for certain platforms..
       IDSelectedShader = TheGPUProgrammingServices
                 ->addHighLevelShaderMaterialFromFiles("Shaders/GLSL_002_VERTEX_PROGRAM.vert",  // Vertex Program Filename and Directory Location..
                                                       "main",                                  // Main Vertex Function Name 
                                                       EVST_VS_2_0,                             // Vertex Program Profile..
                                                       "Shaders/GLSL_001_FRAGMENT_SHADER.frag", // Fragment Shader Filename.. (with GLSL it it seems mandatory to have them in separate files)..
                                                       "main",                                  // Main Fragment function name..(with GLSL other names seems to cause problems?)
                                                       EPST_PS_2_0,                             // Could be 3_0 Fragment Shader Profile but NO PROBLEM WITH GLSL (in HLSL we have an issue)..
                                                       OurCallback,
                                                       EMT_TRANSPARENT_ALPHA_CHANNEL_REF,       // This is what makes the "Clip Mapping" possible  "Mmmmonster kill!!"..
                                                       0,                                       
                                                       ShaderLanguage                           // As we had selected in the console..
                                                      );
       // For some reason I couldn't get both VERTEX PROGRAM and FRAGMENT SHADER in ONE FILE..
       // (something to do with a function HAVING TO BE NAMED "main")?..
       OurCallback->drop();
      }
    }
   //                                             DIRECT 3D                                                                   
   if (SelectedDriverType == EDT_DIRECT3D9)
   {if (TheGPUProgrammingServices)
     {OurShaderCallBackClass* OurCallback = new OurShaderCallBackClass();
      ShaderLanguage = video::EGSL_DEFAULT; // Meaning HLSL or GLSL..
      IDSelectedShader = TheGPUProgrammingServices
                  ->addHighLevelShaderMaterialFromFiles("Shaders/HLSL_0043_WORKING.hlsl",
                                                        "vertexMain",
                                                        EVST_VS_2_0,  // Seems Fine..
                                                        "Shaders/HLSL_0043_WORKING.hlsl", // Ja.. Same name..
                                                        "pixelMain",
                                                        EPST_PS_3_0,  // ARITHMETIC SLOTS ISSUE (exceeds max registers) WITH "2_0"..(see similar note at GLSL version)..
                                                        OurCallback,
                                                        video::EMT_TRANSPARENT_ALPHA_CHANNEL_REF,  // CLIPMAPPING..
                                                        ShaderLanguage);
      OurCallback->drop();
     }
   }
  //                                                                                                                                
  TheDriver->setTextureCreationFlag(video::ETCF_CREATE_MIP_MAPS, true);
  //  - FIRST OBJECT -                                         
  //  AniMesh0001_Skinned = TheSceneManager ->getMesh("Data/0013_FUSION_BALL/X_001.x"); // A good test model..
  AniMesh0001_Skinned = TheSceneManager ->getMesh("Data/0110_DOOM_BOSS/X_001.x");
  ((ISkinnedMesh*)AniMesh0001_Skinned)->convertMeshToTangents();  // Must do!..

IScANInode001_Skinned = TheSceneManager->addAnimatedMeshSceneNode(AniMesh0001_Skinned);
   IScANInode001_Skinned->setAnimationSpeed (CurrentAnimSpeed) ; 

// Frameloop..
   // IScANInode001_Skinned->setFrameLoop  ( 0.0   +  1.0  ,  IScANInode001_Skinned -> getEndFrame () -  0.0 );  // Character animation matters..

IScANInode001_Skinned->setFrameLoop  ( 5.0   + 0.0  ,  IScANInode001_Skinned -> getEndFrame () -  5.0 );
   IScANInode001_Skinned->setPosition(core::vector3df(0.0 ,0.0 ,0.0));
   IScANInode001_Skinned->setRotation(core::vector3df( 0.0 , 180.0 , 0.0 ));
   IScANInode001_Skinned->setScale(core::vector3df(1.0 , 1.0 ,1.0));
   IScANInode001_Skinned->setAutomaticCulling(EAC_FRUSTUM_BOX); // If we don't do this then it would seem culling is dependent on a Single Plane which
                                                                // has its normal vector and position based on the camera direction and position..

// Now.. Would this be usefull if we divided a big level object into smaller cubes treated
                                                                // as separate objects? (not as cool as true BSP)..
   // IScANInode001_Skinned->setAutomaticCulling(EAC_FRUSTUM_BOX || EAC_OCC_QUERY); // Could this combination have been possible? (does occlusion_query really work?)..
   // Wouldn't it be cool if we had "EAC_FRUSTUM_BUFF_BOX"? It is becoming easier to assign faces to buffers in Creative Content Apps..
   // There is a method in which this can be done using Blender, Deep Explorer and Frag Motion..
   IScANInode001_Skinned->setVisible(true);
   IScANInode001_Skinned->getMaterial( 0 ).setTexture(DIFFUSE_LAYER,  TheDriver->getTexture("Data/0110_DOOM_BOSS/DIFFUSE_MAP_A.png")); // ACDC produced a smaller PNG than Deep Explorer..
   IScANInode001_Skinned->getMaterial( 0 ).setTexture(NORMALS_LAYER,  TheDriver->getTexture("Data/0110_DOOM_BOSS/NORMAL_MAP_A.png"));
   IScANInode001_Skinned->getMaterial( 0 ).setTexture(SPECULAR_LAYER, TheDriver->getTexture("Data/0110_DOOM_BOSS/SPECULAR_MAP_A.png"));
   IScANInode001_Skinned->getMaterial( 0 ).setTexture(GLOSS_LAYER,    TheDriver->getTexture("Data/0110_DOOM_BOSS/GLOSS_MAP_A.png"));

// File Formats and which Software Titles can save to which format is quite an interesting subject..
   // An example of how one would use this knowledge is a PNG file that exists in 8 bit mode (very small)..
   // Photoshop does not save PNG's in 8 bit mode.. Deep Exploration doesn't either..
   // But.. If you open a TGA (in 8 bit form from Photoshop) and save it as a png from ACDC then you get an 8 bit PNG
   // which is much smaller than a 24 bit png of the same file (lossless)..
   // Now, Irrlicht handles All these file formats beautifully!!

// Keep experimenting with different image formats and titles because there is a lot that is not common knowledge..
   // The smaller the file the better and there are many undocumented methods to make an image file smaller..

// For more layers see "Engine Recompiling" matters concering Custom Irrlicht versions..
   // I understand that all cool "Pipeline" and "SVN" things find their way into Irrlicht releases?

IScANInode001_Skinned->setMaterialFlag(video::EMF_LIGHTING, false);
   IScANInode001_Skinned->setMaterialType((video::E_MATERIAL_TYPE) IDSelectedShader);
   scene::ISceneNodeAnimator* TheAnimator = TheSceneManager->createRotationAnimator(core::vector3df(0.0 ,0.0, 0.0));
   IScANInode001_Skinned->addAnimator(TheAnimator);

// Important Note:
   // When your Alias Wavefront "*.obj" refers to more than one material, then
   // it becomes necessary to include the Material "*.mtl" file in your DATA directory!
   // Irrlicht sees that there are references to more than one material and it becomes
   // necessary to have the material file available for Irrlicht to read.
   // This creates an issue inside of irrlicht when it encounters references within
   // the material file to "Bumpmaps" (which are actually different to Normal Maps).
   // The way Irrlicht renders these bumps is NOT turned off by invoking your shaders resulting
   // in strange bump effects.
   // We solve this by simply "commenting out" the Bumpmap references
   // like this.. 
   //      map_Kd DIFFUSE_MAP_C.tga
   //      # map_bump NORMAL_MAP_C.tga
   //      map_kS SPECULAR_MAP_C.tga
   // See how "#" is the comment-line initiating character in Alias Wavefront's *.mtl" or "*.obj"..

//  - SECOND (Non Skinned) OBJECT -                                         

AniMesh002_NON_Skinned = TheSceneManager ->getMesh("Data/0109_BADGER/OBJ_001.obj");  // Quake 4 model you've never seen rendered this way!..
   TanMesh002_NON_Skinned = TheSceneManager->getMeshManipulator() ->createMeshWithTangents(AniMesh002_NON_Skinned, false, false, false, true );  // RECALC NORMALS..
   ISceneNode002_NON_Skinned = 0; // Like "NULL"-ing a new pointer?
   ISceneNode002_NON_Skinned = TheSceneManager->addMeshSceneNode(TanMesh002_NON_Skinned);

// Material 000..
   ISceneNode002_NON_Skinned->getMaterial( 0 ).setTexture(DIFFUSE_LAYER,  TheDriver->getTexture("Data/0109_BADGER/DIFFUSE_MAP_A.png"));
   ISceneNode002_NON_Skinned->getMaterial( 0 ).setTexture(NORMALS_LAYER,  TheDriver->getTexture("Data/0109_BADGER/NORMAL_MAP_A.png"));
   ISceneNode002_NON_Skinned->getMaterial( 0 ).setTexture(SPECULAR_LAYER, TheDriver->getTexture("Data/0109_BADGER/SPECULAR_MAP_A.png"));
   ISceneNode002_NON_Skinned->getMaterial( 0 ).setTexture(GLOSS_LAYER,    TheDriver->getTexture("Data/0109_BADGER/GLOSS_MAP_A.png"));
   // Still to be properly implemented in Standard Irrlicht Releases..
   // ISceneNode002_NON_Skinned->getMaterial( 0 ).setTexture(CUBE_MAP_LAYER, TheDriver->getTexture("Data/MAIN_SKY_IMAGE.tga")); 

// Material 001.. With Alias's “*.obj” when using MORE THAN ONE texture, then the “*.mtl” file MUST exist along with the “*.obj” file..
   // Also disable all metion of “bump” or “bump_map” in the material file as Irrlicht uses it to mess with your normal calculations..

ISceneNode002_NON_Skinned->setMaterialFlag(video::EMF_LIGHTING, false);         // Once this happens then irrlicht SHOULD NOT touch the lighting-rendering process for the material..
   ISceneNode002_NON_Skinned->setMaterialType(E_MATERIAL_TYPE(IDSelectedShader)); // Invoke your Shader.. All Irrlicht Rendering should IMMEDIATELY be TURNBED OFF..
   ISceneNode002_NON_Skinned->setScale(vector3df( 1.0 , 1.0 , 1.0 ));
   ISceneNode002_NON_Skinned->setRotation(core::vector3df( 0.0 , 0.0 , 0.0 ));
   ISceneNode002_NON_Skinned->setPosition(vector3df( 40.0 , 0.0 , 0.0 ));
   ISceneNode002_NON_Skinned->setAutomaticCulling(EAC_FRUSTUM_BOX); // See earlier culling note..
   ISceneNode002_NON_Skinned->setVisible(true);

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- --- -- - -
   // Variables concerned with "LIVE TANGENT UPDATES"..
   // We assign this "SceneMeshCount" value during the main render loop aswell 
   // as things can be added or removed during run-time..
   // This part of the Tangent Updater do not get called at each frame as it is an “Initialisation”..
   // *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
   SceneMeshCount = TheSceneManager ->getMeshCache()->getMeshCount();
   irr::scene::IMeshBuffer* TempMeshBuffer;
   video::S3DVertexTangents* TempVertTansPTR;
   TempMeshBuffer    = TheSceneManager->getMeshCache()->getMeshByIndex(0)->getMeshBuffer(0);
   TempVertTansPTR   = (video::S3DVertexTangents*)TempMeshBuffer->getVertices(); 
   TheSceneMeshCache = TheSceneManager->getMeshCache();
   S3DVertexTangents VertexTriA;
   S3DVertexTangents VertexTriB;
   S3DVertexTangents VertexTriC;
   // *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

int lastFPS = -1;

// MAIN CYCLIC LOOP..
   while(TheDevice->run())
    {if (TheDevice->isWindowActive())
      {// REALTIME LIGHTS UPDATE..
       // This would happen cyclically during the game or simulation..
       // Some would be Muzzle flashes and others would be explosions while yet others would be static level lights..
       // We do this in here instead of the Fragment Shader because we wantto treat the Shader Lights as Irrlicht Lights....
       IRRLightARRAY [0]->setPosition(vector3df(CameraPosition) ); // We update this "cyclically" in the Realtime Loop..
       IRRLightARRAY [1]->setPosition(vector3df (  0.0 , -300.0 , 0.0 ) );        // They could have been animated!..
       IRRLightARRAY [2]->setPosition(vector3df (  -300.0 , 0.0 , 0.0 ) );
       IRRLightARRAY [3]->setPosition(vector3df (  300.0 , 0.0 , 0.0 ) );

IRRLightARRAY [0]->getLightData().DiffuseColor = SColorf( 0.7f , 0.7f , 0.7f );  // Our "Camera Light" Grey-ish..
       // IRRLightARRAY [0]->getLightData().DiffuseColor = SColorf( 0.0f , 0.0f , 0.0f ); // If you want the Camera Light Disabled (i.e. Darkened to zero)..
       IRRLightARRAY [1]->getLightData().DiffuseColor = SColorf( 0.9f , 0.4f , 0.0f );  // Red-ish..
       IRRLightARRAY [2]->getLightData().DiffuseColor = SColorf( 0.3f , 0.7f , 0.7f );  // Blue-ish..
       IRRLightARRAY [3]->getLightData().DiffuseColor = SColorf( 0.6f , 0.6f , 0.3f );  // Yellow-ish..

// Use grey lights to show "helio free" diffuse colour (from all lights)..
       // IRRLightARRAY [1]->getLightData().DiffuseColor = SColorf( 0.3f , 0.3f , 0.3f );  // 33.3..% Grey.. 
       // IRRLightARRAY [2]->getLightData().DiffuseColor = SColorf( 0.3f , 0.3f , 0.3f );  // 33.3..% Grey.. 
       // IRRLightARRAY [3]->getLightData().DiffuseColor = SColorf( 0.3f , 0.3f , 0.3f );  // 33.3..% Grey.. 

// Darken all lights except the camera lighT....
       // IRRLightARRAY [1]->getLightData().DiffuseColor = SColorf( 0.0f , 0.0f , 0.0f );  
       // IRRLightARRAY [2]->getLightData().DiffuseColor = SColorf( 0.0f , 0.0f , 0.0f );  
       // IRRLightARRAY [3]->getLightData().DiffuseColor = SColorf( 0.0f , 0.0f , 0.0f );  

// Try different configurations above by un-commenting certain lines....

// We do have an option here to do this without Irrlicht lights, but this method is simply "more complete"
       // and shows a reasonably seamless existence between Irrlicht Lights and Shader Lights..
       // This places Irrlicht Light Attributes into an "float" array sothat we can feed the array into the shader in real-time..
       // We could hypothetically have Thousands of lights fed to the shaders but even GPUs have limits..
       for (int Li = 0; Li < ActiveLightCount ; Li ++) // Active Lights kept to a minimum. (Light Pool.. future stuff..)
        {// Get all POSITIONS to a form we can feed the Shaders as arrays..
         // This could also work but we might want to treat things as nodes at the end of the day..
         // Up to you..(whichever is faster?)
         LightsPosArray [Li] = IRRLightARRAY [Li]->getLightData().Position; // An "Array Load Stride" of 3 is possible here so we do X,Y and Z in one move..Cool!
         // Get all Colours to a form we can feed the Shaders as arrays..
         // We can't just load them in one move like above because were dealing with "Scolorf" which is FOUR Floats, and we want as a set of "Three Floats"..
         // Also note that Alpha (fourth value) in my opinion has nothing to do with lights under Physically Based Shading..
         LightsColArray [Li].X = IRRLightARRAY [Li]->getLightData().DiffuseColor.r;
         LightsColArray [Li].Y = IRRLightARRAY [Li]->getLightData().DiffuseColor.g;
         LightsColArray [Li].Z = IRRLightARRAY [Li]->getLightData().DiffuseColor.b; // We skip Light alpha or .w..
         // MOre things like Type, Attenuation, and Spot Light Cone Agnles can go here later..
        }

// Allready initialised, but we CAN control this in Real-Time..
                                                            // "Lerping" towards Original Mapped Colour is a cool way to emulate "Ambience"..
       PassIntArray   [IAI_000_ACTIVE_LIGHTCOUNT]   = 4;    // We use FOUR lights but we could use MANY MORE..      
       PassIntArray   [IAI_001_PLAECF_STATUS]       = 1;

PassFloatArray [FAI_000_GLOBAL_BRIGHTNESS]   =   1.25; // Sent to the shader via the "float" array and multiplied to all Light Intensities..
                                                             // Try different values to see it work!
       PassFloatArray [FAI_001_LERP_TO_RAW_DIFFUSE] = 0.1;   // not used in the shaders, but shows that we could..

IScANInode001_Skinned->setAnimationSpeed(CurrentAnimSpeed) ;  // SECOND TIME FOR REALTIME CONTROLL..

CurrentGuiUI = StartLiveGuiUI; // So that we dont render static text at each frame..
       // CurrentGuiUI++;
       if (OurStTxt) 
        {stringw OurStr = L" Text updated Cyclically: ";
         OurStTxt->setText(OurStr.c_str());
        }
       CurrentGuiUI++;
       // ready for next one..
       // "GeeXLab" has a nice colour picker from which you can copy Float or Int RGB values after selecting from a pallette..
       TheDriver->beginScene(true, true, BckGrndCol);
       // Swap the order if you want text to be blocked by rendered things..
       TheSceneManager->drawAll();
       OurGUIEnvironment->drawAll(); // Render our GUI elements..
       TheDriver->endScene(); // Irrlicht brilliantly does all Openg GL and D3D things depending on the selected API..
       CameraPosition = TheDevice->getSceneManager()->getActiveCamera()->getAbsolutePosition();
       //================================================
       SceneMeshCount = TheSceneManager ->getMeshCache()->getMeshCount();
       //  PLEASE OPTIMIZE THIS or simply do it as irrlicht does it internally....
       if (TanUpdStatus == true) // globally updated for all Animated "Skinned" meshes..(not for NON-Skinned items..)
        {// SceneMeshCount..
         for (u32 SMeshI = 0; SMeshI < SceneMeshCount; SMeshI++) 
          {// start loop "SMESHI"..     
           u16 TheMeshType = TheSceneMeshCache->getMeshByIndex(SMeshI)->getMeshType();
           // We want to recalculate Tangents for Skinned Meshes only so we must determine which ones are "Skinned"..
           if (TheMeshType == EAMT_SKINNED)
            {// start procedure: Only "Skinned" meshes..
             AcquiredAnimeshByIndex = TheSceneMeshCache->getMeshByIndex(SMeshI); 
             AcquiredImesh = AcquiredAnimeshByIndex ;
             u32 TheMBufferCount = AcquiredImesh->getMeshBufferCount();
             for (u32 MBuffI = 0 ; MBuffI < TheMBufferCount ; MBuffI++)
              {// start Buffer Loop (some large nodels may have more than one buffer)..
               // It would be cool if Buffers could also be considered for Frustum Culling..
               // Not relevant here but Frustum culling currently only works with complete objects..
               CurrMeshBuffPtr = AcquiredImesh->getMeshBuffer(0);  // WE MUST ALSO LOOP BUFFERS..
               CurrTanVertsPtr  = (video::S3DVertexTangents*)CurrMeshBuffPtr->getVertices(); // Many Buffers for Many Meshes..
               // O.K. to do declare these here multiple times ? 
               u16* TheINDEXPtr =    TheSceneMeshCache->getMeshByIndex(SMeshI)->getMeshBuffer(0)->getIndices();
               u32 TheIndexCount = (u32)TheSceneMeshCache->getMeshByIndex(SMeshI)->getMeshBuffer(0)->getIndexCount();
               for (u32 IndexII = 0; IndexII < TheIndexCount; IndexII+=3)
                {// start Index Loop..  // Get all all three of our triangle vertices..
                 VertexTriA = CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII]];
                 VertexTriB = CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII+1]];
                 VertexTriC = CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII+2]];
                 // Here we get the THREE POINTS XYZ Positions for the TRIANGLE..
                 f32 TAX = VertexTriA.Pos.X;   f32 TAY = VertexTriA.Pos.Y; f32 TAZ = VertexTriA.Pos.Z; 
                 f32 TBX = VertexTriB.Pos.X;   f32 TBY = VertexTriB.Pos.Y; f32 TBZ = VertexTriB.Pos.Z;
                 f32 TCX = VertexTriC.Pos.X;   f32 TCY = VertexTriC.Pos.Y; f32 TCZ = VertexTriC.Pos.Z;
                 // Here we get the UV Coordinates for each of the three Points.
                 f32 TAU = VertexTriA.TCoords.X; f32 TAV = VertexTriA.TCoords.Y;
                 f32 TBU = VertexTriB.TCoords.X; f32 TBV = VertexTriB.TCoords.Y;
                 f32 TCU = VertexTriC.TCoords.X; f32 TCV = VertexTriC.TCoords.Y;
                 // We introduce THREE new "Delta Vectors" which will eventually become "Triangle Edges"..
                 // This is a special "recipe" using "Triangle Points" and "UV Coordinates"..
                 // "Subtraction" hence "Delta Vectors"..
                 f32 DV1X = TBX - TAX ; f32 DV1Y = TBU - TAU ; f32 DV1Z = TBV - TAV;
                 f32 DV2X = TCX - TAX ; f32 DV2Y = TCU - TAU ; f32 DV2Z = TCV - TAV;
                 f32 DV3X = TBY - TAY ; f32 DV3Y = TBU - TAU ; f32 DV3Z = TBV - TAV;
                 f32 DV4X = TCY - TAY ; f32 DV4Y = TCU - TAU ; f32 DV4Z = TCV - TAV;
                 f32 DV5X = TBZ - TAZ ; f32 DV5Y = TBU - TAU ; f32 DV5Z = TBV - TAV;
                 f32 DV6X = TCZ - TAZ ; f32 DV6Y = TCU - TAU ; f32 DV6Z = TCV - TAV;
                 // Now we introduce THREE "Cross Products". Cross Product A, Cross Product B and Cross Product C.
                 f32 CAX = (DV1Y * DV2Z) - (DV2Y * DV1Z); f32 CAY = (DV1Z * DV2X) - (DV2Z * DV1X);
                 f32 CAZ = (DV1X * DV2Y) - (DV2X * DV1Y); f32 CBX = (DV3Y * DV4Z) - (DV4Y * DV3Z);
                 f32 CBY = (DV3Z * DV4X) - (DV4Z * DV3X); f32 CBZ = (DV3X * DV4Y) - (DV4X * DV3Y);
                 f32 CCX = (DV5Y * DV6Z) - (DV6Y * DV5Z); f32 CCY = (DV5Z * DV6X) - (DV6Z * DV5X);
                 f32 CCZ = (DV5X * DV6Y) - (DV6X * DV5Y);
                 // Calculate our TANGENT..
                 f32 TanX = (CAY / CAX);  f32 TanY = (CBY / CBX);  f32 TanZ = (CCY / CCX); 
                 // ..and our BINORMAL..
                 // In this implementation the act of subtraction to get the Delta Vectors effectively
                 // makes getting Binormals elswehere (like shaders) impossible!!
                 f32 BinX = (CAZ / CAX);  f32 BinY = (CBZ / CBX);  f32 BinZ = (CCZ / CCX); 
                 // Now we replace the Static Tangents/Binormals with our animated ones..
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII]].Tangent.X = -TanX; // Negatives are the result of numerous tests..
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII]].Tangent.Y = -TanY;
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII]].Tangent.Z = -TanZ;
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII+1]].Tangent.X = -TanX;
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII+1]].Tangent.Y = -TanY;
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII+1]].Tangent.Z = -TanZ;
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII+2]].Tangent.X = -TanX;
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII+2]].Tangent.Y = -TanY;
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII+2]].Tangent.Z = -TanZ;
                 // Binormals are NOT done in the shader by crossing Tangents with Normals..
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII]].Binormal.X = BinX;
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII]].Binormal.Y = BinY;
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII]].Binormal.Z = BinZ;
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII+1]].Binormal.X = BinX;
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII+1]].Binormal.Y = BinY;
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII+1]].Binormal.Z = BinZ;
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII+2]].Binormal.X = BinX;
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII+2]].Binormal.Y = BinY;
                 CurrTanVertsPtr[TheINDEXPtr[IndexII+2]].Binormal.Z = BinZ;
                }  // end Index Loop..     
              }  // end Buffer Loop 
            } // End Only "Skinned" meshes..
          } // end loop "SMESHI"     
        }  // End user determined conditional Tangents & Binormal Update..

// END of Tangent and Binormals Updating..

int fps = TheDriver->getFPS();
       if (lastFPS != fps)
        {core::stringw str = L"Irrlicht 'HLSL' or 'GLSL'     J.Pretorius 2015 [";
         str += TheDriver->getName();
         str += "] FPS:";
         str += fps;
         TheDevice->setWindowCaption(str.c_str());
         lastFPS = fps;
        }
      }
    }
   TheDevice->drop();
   return 0;
  }

void ResetShaderArrays ()  // Scene Specific for this demo, but availabe during runtime..
  {// Integers.. (in shaders I'm not sure we can pass Booleans which is what some of these actually are)..
   PassIntArray   [IAI_000_ACTIVE_LIGHTCOUNT]   = 4;     // With this we control a "For Loop" in the shaders..
   PassIntArray   [IAI_001_PLAECF_STATUS]       = 1;     // On by default..
   // Floats..
   PassFloatArray [FAI_000_GLOBAL_BRIGHTNESS]   = 1.0;   // Just an example of how we'd send a single Floating Point Value as one element in an array..
   PassFloatArray [FAI_001_LERP_TO_RAW_DIFFUSE] = 0.1;
   // We need global brightness here..
  }

//   END...